It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Republican vetos constitutional carry.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Because state's rights gives each state the right to determine how those rights apply to convicted criminals. Because business owners have the right to chose who they hire and what they pay, according to local law. I know of no state which allows criminals to be paid less than other employees because of their criminal history.

Well if we were going by constitutional rules...State laws restricting where and how you carry are abridging the second.
The States have the things Not specific to the Fed level. the 2nd is fed level and as such the states are wrong.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The States have the things Not specific to the Fed level. the 2nd is fed level and as such the states are wrong.
According to you perhaps. The Supreme Court sees it differently.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think dems peachment grounds.

Maybe not...Allowing for the constitution to be followed was undermined by the back ground part of the bill.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The fourteenth amendment protects against state infringements on rights. The problem is there are a lot of judges that are focused on making ruling that they think benefit society, legislating from the bench, rather than making rulings based on what the constitution says.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh yes and they are NEVER WRONG amirite?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

amirite?

Are you? Always?

Thing is, whatever the SCOTUS decides is. By definition.

edit on 5/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

amirite?

Are you? Always?

Thing is, whatever the SCOTUS decides is. By definition.

Alot of their decisions need to be re examined and re ruled along constitutional lines then.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is NOT a "State's Rights" question.

"Shall not be infringed".

Not "Shall not be infringed, except when yadda yadda yadda"

That's why the Constitution exists.

The United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a list of rights and freedoms that the Founding Fathers AND the individual States agreed on, and ratified, that were considered to be inalienable. They are all freedoms that were considered to be important enough that NO entity, federal or state, can ever be allowed to infringe upon.

This is who we are, folks.

And I, for one, am DAMN proud of that fact.

Now, I don't know this person from Oklahoma, but with freedom comes risk.

I don't know about you folks, but I'll damn sure take risky freedom over secure slavery every time.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Alot of their decisions need to be re examined and re ruled along constitutional lines then.

The SCOTUS always refers to the Constitution when it comes to law.
They've looked at it a few times. In general; people have the right to own guns, states have the right to regulate within that context.

edit on 5/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OK...so why can the states tell you what kind of arm you can have then? Isnt that abridgement? What if you can only afford a AR-15?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

states have the right to regulate within that context

very limited right to regulate

scotus has said that the right to bear is god givin and means to be able to carry weapons...literally

the states have no right to break (infringement) the second without due process

the can however have no go zones for guns as they always have.

training is the only constitutional regulations that can apply legally

other than full auto not much functionality can be regulated however style could be regulated depending on public perception.

this is all due to the fact that citizens able to carry are the silent militia. the only true and legal military

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I did not see it mentioned. srry if i missed..

The okla. legislature can override the veto but they have went home for the year. So it has to be done next year.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join