It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians Indicted by Bob Mueller Are Fighting Back..Catching Him Totally Off Guard.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exactly - how can Mueller be ready to bring an indictment but not be ready to go to court?
He just rushed this nonsense out there assuming that no one would bother responding.
What a crock.

The same reason he can indict Manafort and yet fail to meet Brady by refusing to turn over evidence. An action Mueller and several members of his team have been in violation of in the past.

To be honest given the actions of the FBI I think there is a possible Giglio violation as well.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah yeah I'm so sure.
It's DeGenovas opinion . I don't see Mueller being caught off guard.
He seems pretty on the ball to me.
See that? That's my opinion.

Seven days ago, judge t.s. ellis ripped mueller for a lot of inadequacies and deceptions.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I loved reading the transcript excerpts put out by some news media websites. They were hilarious.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

The hearing today did not go well for the government either with regards to Concord management. Apparently Concord catering was also listed by the government in the indictment. Until the lawyers representing Concord management noted that the catering portion was not a legal entity at the times the government is claiming. They also requested the government provide evidence that it is a legal entity which the government could not.

The government relented and said they would try and serve that entity thru other legal channels.

Defense counsel waived their right to hear the charges and entered a not guilty plea, noting they are exercising their right to a speedy trial.

Another example of the SC not having their ducks in a row before appearing in court.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: SpartanStoic

The hearing today did not go well for the government either with regards to Concord management. Apparently Concord catering was also listed by the government in the indictment. Until the lawyers representing Concord management noted that the catering portion was not a legal entity at the times the government is claiming. They also requested the government provide evidence that it is a legal entity which the government could not.

The government relented and said they would try and serve that entity thru other legal channels.

Defense counsel waived their right to hear the charges and entered a not guilty plea, noting they are exercising their right to a speedy trial.

Another example of the SC not having their ducks in a row before appearing in court.

Russians save the day!

lol!!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Are that Russians that good, or is Mueller's team that bad?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
or is Mueller's team that bad?

yes

Me thinks he is not used to A - people fighting back and B - judges who dont tolerate is crap.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: carewemust
or is Mueller's team that bad?

yes

Me thinks he is not used to A - people fighting back and B - judges who dont tolerate is crap.

People all over the world are waking up to the nonsense being pulled by those who are trying to cling to power. It's no surprise judges are waking up too.

Seriously, who actually doesn't understand that the Russian investigation is just being prolonged as long as possible in order to use it in October to influence the midterm elections? It's now an open playbook because the world is awake. Sure, some desperate anti-Trumpers will lie to themselves, but even they know it.

(post by BrennanHuff removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah and... So now we all know the judges maybe opinion. He didn't rule against Mueller did he? He just asked for clarification on some points. Loudly yes but that's all.
Of course Mueller will stay within the boundaries set by the rules for special counsel.
Let me know when any judge throws the case out.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You do realize that if the judge is not satisfied with the scope memo, Mueller's entire enterprise is in jeopardy, right?

If the judge determines that Mueller is operating outside the scope of authority granting his position, everything he has worked toward could be so much dust.
edit on 12-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: memo not meme

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Sillyolme

You do realize that if the judge is not satisfied with the scope memo, Mueller's entire enterprise is in jeopardy, right?

If the judge determines that Mueller is operating outside the scope of authority granting his position, everything he has worked toward could be so much dust.

People also need to keep in mind the other motions Manafort filed. The one getting all the attention is the jurisdiction question. IF the judge accepts jurisdiction then they move to the other pending motions. Including the ones to exclude evidence seized in violation of the search warrant. The other is the search warrants themselves since this was done prior to the expanded jurisdiction.

I have a feeling the scope memo is not going to be specific enough and the fact jurisdiction was granted after the fact is problematic as well. I keep coming back to the "verbal directive" position the sc took in court. Manafort's lawyer pointed out Rosenstein is meticulous when it comes to documentation. When the judge challenged the defense counsel on how he knows this he stated he worked for the DOJ for more than a decade with about 5 years of that working for Rosenstein.

So the one time Rosenstein decides against writing a specific memo is where he told Mueller to go after Manafort.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread, when the judge asks what gives you the authority to bring this case before the court, a person on solid ground says, "Right here in paragraph C of XYZ document, I was charged with powers to pursue A and B". Cut and dry.

A person who built their house on quicksand says, "Well, that letter crafted by lawyers at Justice empowering me was not meant to be a legal document that is judicially enforceable. Also, there are other memos. Secret memos you can't see. Also, I had verbal authorization at every step."

That doesn't mean it gets tossed. And if it does get tossed, it gets picked right back up by a federal prosecutor who does have jurisdiction, imo.

But I think they are on thin ice and know it based on their filed response and the transcript. The response references a memo that post dates the Manafort investigation. They admit the matter didn't "arise from" their actual mandate. So they have to be hanging their hats on some vague clause somewhere and hoping that and the "verbal communication" will convince the judge to let them keep it.

I don't even want Manafort to skip out. I want him to go down for the same reasons the Podesta group should have. One group was allowed to retroactively refile, however, and the other one is suddenly being prosecuted after a decade in order to play a political game. It's discouraging.
edit on 12-5-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

... and a prosecutor who has classified evidence relevant to an ongoing investigation files charges and asks the judge to wait until further investigations are concluded.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Doesn't seem like much in the way of due process when the evidence, and the authority to pursue said evidence, is kept secret.

Especially in a world where the prosecutor has tried to prosecute a company that didn't exist.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Doesn't seem like much in the way of due process when the evidence, and the authority to pursue said evidence, is kept secret.

Especially in a world where the prosecutor has tried to prosecute a company that didn't exist.

Doesn't exist, or is not formally registered in the United States? The investigation has to unravel a tangled web of shell corporations registered in multiple countries and jurisdictions. конгрессное питание might exist somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Doesn't exist, or is not formally registered in the United States? The investigation has to unravel a tangled web of shell corporations registered in multiple countries and jurisdictions. конгрессное питание might exist somewhere.

Why would the investigation need to untangle anything? - they have indicted. That means they have their evidence and have sufficiently pieced it together to bring charges. So if this complex structure of shell companies exists, then the SC can show it and make it clear. Apparently they need more time, though.

edit on 13/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

"Might"?

Burden of proof....come on man.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

"Might"?

Burden of proof....come on man.

I am not the one bringing the case, I am merely pointing out the alternatives to the right wing narrative being peddled here.
edit on 13-5-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join