It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says: Bring them on! (Like he has any kids in Iraq)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They let him write his own speech for once and he blew it , good goin buddy! This guy is a fool, bring em' on , what a idiot, if they bring it on people will die what a jerk off bush is,(can i say jerk off?) this makes me sick
if i was in the army i would go F'ing AWOL like he did, Bush needs to stop trying to be the big shot tuff guy and start being the president!

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
To Fury:

What should we do? We should get our servicemen out of there before this ends up like another Vietnam which is steadily happening. They shouldn't be there in the first place. And to lend even a modicum of legitimacy (which this war NEVER had), we should have UN peacekeepers there.

Our troops aren't trained to be policemen. They are soldiers. They should come home now.

Funny how people who never saw Vietnam compare every action and war to it....

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by Seekerof

This, froma piece of dung, who RAN when it was his turn to serve. Oh, wait, he was defending Texas from the threat of the Viet Cong AND HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT SIONCE HE WENT AWOL (DESSERTED) IN 1972!

See this Observer? And you wonder why Democrats get bashed like they do, even if they are a minority on ATS?!?

regards
seekerof

LOL.. oh wait.. how is this fact funny? I never said Clinton was the best Dem ever, did I?
He ran from draft, so did, Newt, Trent, George the second.. they all had their own reasons. Clinton's was aweful.. he was ACTUALLY against the war.. and a poor boy to boot.. how dare he!! Uppity man!
Bush was a weathly frat boy who did not have to go to go so far as to study enough for a RHODES scholar like Clinton, his papa the CIA director just made sure he protected the skies over Texas (stand up when I say that) every once in a while. Between rounds of coke that is.

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by observer]

At least Bush didn't go to Moscow and rail against his nations policies while we were at war...between cokes ofcourse.

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

To Fury:

Funny how people who never saw Vietnam compare every action and war to it....

==========================================

funny how old farts like you think they know everything.
the primary reason history is written is so we will not repeat it. obviously our little Colnel has learned more from history than you have from experience.

i am sorry

tut

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
USMC Harrier you disgrace yourself and the Marines.

I wish in fact, you would have deleted that whole post.

You really think you'd tell him to "Shut the # up" do you?

And then everyone else would kick your lilly ass, including me.

In fact, I'd be the first to hit you in the face with the pillow case of soap.

I'm sick of hearing fake veterans talk like they should stand above the others.

My good friend fought 4 years of WW2, he lost over 150 friends. He never once blamed the president.

He understands, more than you, that the president is there to say "Come and get us punks."

And the soldier is there to meet it unwaivering.

He lost over 150 friends, people in HIS company, people he knew well....I say 150, I should say 300 because he was initially trained with a Train Company, to take over rail-roads. All his friends from training went to Itally, 6 came back.

How many friends have you lost, to an enemy soldier?

Don't you DARE EVER hide behind "I'm was a marine, and if I were over there..."

You don't have the right to say anything.

God, some people really annoy me.

And hillariously, they always are against Bush.

I guess the Liberal side attracts more people who just think they are righteous.

But wait, I can actually come up with more decent stories.

Another pro-Bush friend of mine, were all accepted before sign-up (due to some contacts they had), to be Marine Force Recon. He and his 3 friends. Well his 3 friends made it in, he couldn't fully extend his arm due to an accident so he didn't make it...well 2 didn't come back and the one that did was so messed up in the head, that he spends little time in-doors.

Does he use that for justification to put down someone for their sayings?

No.

Does he use that for his justification to keep us out of Iraq?

No.

Because there is NO justification for putting down our actions.

We are doing the right thing.

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by RobertBurns]

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You had some friends who served in the military but I see no word of you doing so, so if you yourself did not serve than I kindly ask you to SHUT THE F**KUP!!!

If you ever were or you actually knew a REAL Marine, you know that we fear no man including the Prez. Yes he is the Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces, and more so he is the sole leader of the Marine Corps, also known as the "Presidents Own". The prez has the right to send the Marines anywhere he chooses without the consent or approval of the Senate or the Congress.

That is why Ronny Raygun was able to send us into another hornets nest in the early 1980's. You remember a little dunghole called Lebanon don't you?

I sure do!!!

I watched from the USS Gaum as the truck bomber killed over a 100 of my brothers!!! So have I lost someone? You bet your stupid rightwing ARSE I have!!

And I find your ignorant comments not only repugnant & offensive but totally without merit or real intelligent thought!!!

So next time you wish to speak to a veteran make sure you temper your remarks or you'll have at least one very unhappy veteran Marine hunting you dumbass down for a good old fashion opening of a can of WHUPASS!!!

DO I MAKE MYSELF CRYSTAL CLEAR TO YOU MAGGOTT!!!!

You are dismissed, NOW remove yourself from the presense of one who has actully served and seen the worst that "humanity" has to offer!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We know what Dubya is saying, but what are our troops saying?

Posted in a thread in chitchat:

�U.S. OFFICIALS need to get our [expletive] out of here,� said the 43-year-old reservist from Pittsburgh, who arrived in Iraq with the 307th Military Police Company on May 24. �I say that seriously. We have no business being here. We will not change the culture they have in Iraq, in Baghdad. Baghdad is so corrupted. All we are here is potential people to be killed and sitting ducks.�

full story

"Bring 'em on!" It's jibberish really. What does that really mean. Does it mean we are prepared to handle any and all insurrectors in Iraq? or, Is it said to give Americans that feel good feeling that "our Dubya aint afraid on no damn Erakees"? Bring 'em on, like a lil cheer at the homecoming game. He's not as dumb as he looks. We are as dumb as he sounds.

Truly.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
You had some friends who served in the military but I see no word of you doing so, so if you yourself did not serve than I kindly ask you to SHUT THE F**KUP!!!

If you ever were or you actually knew a REAL Marine, you know that we fear no man including the Prez. Yes he is the Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces, and more so he is the sole leader of the Marine Corps, also known as the "Presidents Own". The prez has the right to send the Marines anywhere he chooses without the consent or approval of the Senate or the Congress.

That is why Ronny Raygun was able to send us into another hornets nest in the early 1980's. You remember a little dunghole called Lebanon don't you?

I sure do!!!

I watched from the USS Gaum as the truck bomber killed over a 100 of my brothers!!! So have I lost someone? You bet your stupid rightwing ARSE I have!!

And I find your ignorant comments not only repugnant & offensive but totally without merit or real intelligent thought!!!

So next time you wish to speak to a veteran make sure you temper your remarks or you'll have at least one very unhappy veteran Marine hunting you dumbass down for a good old fashion opening of a can of WHUPASS!!!

DO I MAKE MYSELF CRYSTAL CLEAR TO YOU MAGGOTT!!!!

You are dismissed, NOW remove yourself from the presense of one who has actully served and seen the worst that "humanity" has to offer!!!

My, man. Good show there

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
..........and Effect

"BRING 'EM ON"
Bush Instigates Attacks Against Soldiers
Remarks Stun, Disgust
Fallout Continues
Additional Attacks against 10 Servicemen "Brought On"

Attacks Against Ten US Soldiers Brought On in Accordance with Bush Invitation

At least 10 American soldiers have been wounded in attacks on Thursday in Iraq, according to U.S. military officials.

Three U.S. soldiers were wounded and an Iraqi civilian was killed Thursday in what officials believe was a drive-by attack in the Iraqi capital.

Another six American soldiers were wounded Thursday in Ramadi, about 60 miles west of Baghdad, when their convoy ran over an explosive device.

www.cnn.com...
From folks who are too polite to say exactly what every sane American is thinking, which is " Shut the freaking Idiot up till we get him out of offfice...PLEASE!!!!":

US Senator, War Hero John Kerry

Bush's comment was unwise, unworthy of the office and his role as commander in chief, and unhelpful to American soldiers under fire. The deteriorating situation in Iraq requires less swagger and more thoughtfulness and statesmanship

US Senator Bob Graham

The phrase may be appropriate for a referee in a Las Vegas boxing match, but not for the man we trust to lead our men and women who are in harm's way

US Senator, Veteran Frank Lautenberg

I am shaking my head in disbelief. When I served in the army in Europe during World War II, I never heard any military commander -- let alone the commander in chief -- invite enemies to attack U.S. troops

Democratic Presidential candidate Howard Dean

Today, President Bush provoked Iraqi militants targeting our soldiers in Iraq, saying 'Bring them on.' This was incredibly reckless rhetoric.

These men and women are risking their lives every day, and the President who sent them on this mission showed tremendous insensitivity to the dangers they face. This is the wrong message to send to our troops in the field and their families who wish them a safe return. President Bush should focus on encouraging the keeping of the peace, since that is now our mission.

Rep. Richard Gephardt

Rep. Richard Gephardt of Missouri, a Democratic presidential candidate, said: "I have a message for the president: 'Enough of the phony, macho rhetoric. We should be focused on a long-term security plan that reduces the danger to our military personnel.'"

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hmm, there were attacks prior to President saying that and all but Lautenberg are PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES. While it wasn�t the best choice of words it�s serious business over there and shame on these guys for �politicizing�!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
But, republicans will march in goose-step and blindly support this fool like zombies, forgeting every tenet of their ideology that made them a viable party.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
hmm, there were attacks prior to President saying that and all but Lautenberg are PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES. While it wasn�t the best choice of words it�s serious business over there and shame on these guys for �politicizing�!

There were poor race relations in NYC and allegations of police brutality before, but you didn't here Rudy say "Bring it On" after the blowback of specific incidents!
Look, politicizing is brushing away comments that are spot on because they happen to be from opponents for the office.....hows about acknowledging the obvious - he put his foot in his mouth yet again? There are Republicans, ex-military and Americans from every stripe that shuddered with disbelief that Dim Son would put his paper tiger bravado in front of the safety of our forces in the field yet again.
Politicizing is continuing Bush's track record of empty sound bites that are tailor made for the 6 o'clock news and lend zero relevance to whatever subject is being discussed. You should be much more concerned over the track record of poor choices of actions & words that stream from that office under his "stewardship".

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Did anyone actually watch Bush say this? Or just read it in the NY Times?

My point, BT, is this: While I too think Bush should have said something different, this I agree w/ you on, I think it to be equally as bad for these candidates to jump out and politicize - that IS what they are doing. Bush puts his foot in his mouth (again) and what he said wasn't pre-planned, imho, the candidates, like vultures, carefully planned their comments to suit there political needs. They are taking advantage of a of these attacks for their own political gain.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Did anyone actually watch Bush say this? Or just read it in the NY Times?

Yep. Saw it on recorded C-Span.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
the dems don't miss a beat: sit back, wait for a problem to arise then go on the offensive. BT, NYC & Iraq: that's apples to oranges. Typical Dem stategy right out of McCaullife's play book, which at times seems to read a lot like the little red book. You're an asset to the DNC!

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You're an asset to the DNC!

Good gravey man, I wish I was!!!

A bit of perspective: Dim Son has gotten every benefit of the doubt for every malaprop, misstep and mismanaged action he ever was guilty of. Now, you have people who are given a stage ( Dem candidates ), asked a question, and they respond.
And the responses to which you ascribe "vulture" status, were all metered, thoughtful an not given to hyperbole. The only response from the above that sounded like calculated bullshyte was Gephardt.....but then what do you expect from a Republican in Democrat costume !?!?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
c'mon - Gephardt? whaa? huh? him a 'DINO'? Perhaps years ago. His health care plan is far from a conservative idea.

Does anyone know what Lieberman said about this? I don't know myself, I am just asking. And what's sad is the Dems aren't backing that fine man: the DNC is blind.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well Bob, you're right you know, it is apples and oranges, there's no reason to be making this a big deal.

Look at Roosevelt, all that propoganda. (He was a democrat).

"Pour it on" (As if he had any children that were in the war either).

In fact isn't Pour it on worse than "Come get us".

Pour it on emplies complete and utter duty, and sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"Lieberman gets it right on Medicare"
www.boston.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And........."What did "Bring'em on" mean to you?"
www.rockymountainnews.com...

regards
seekerof