It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says: Bring them on! (Like he has any kids in Iraq)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) on Wednesday challenged militants who have been killing and injuring U.S. forces in Iraq (news - web sites), saying "bring them on" because American forces were tough enough to deal with their attacks.

There are some who feel like that conditions are such that they can attack us there," Bush told reporters at the White House. "My answer is 'bring them on'. We have the force necessary to deal with the situation."

Bush spoke in the face of increasing American concern about the rising casualty toll among U.S. troops. At least 23 American servicemen have been killed by hostile fire since major combat operations were declared over for the U.S. forces and their British allies on May 1.

Bush, who on Tuesday said the United States faced a massive and long-term undertaking in Iraq, said the United States welcomed contributions from other countries but that "we got plenty tough force there right now to make sure the situation is secure.

"We always welcome help. We're always glad to include others in. But make no mistake about it, and the enemy shouldn't make any mistake about it, we will deal with them harshly if they continue to try to bring harm to the Iraqi people," he said.

He condemned militant attacks on electricity lines and other Iraqi infrastructure and vowed to deal harshly with those responsible.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030702/ts_nm/iraq_bush_dc

Why can' this man just go away????

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This, froma piece of dung, who RAN when it was his turn to serve. Oh, wait, he was defending Texas from the threat of the Viet Cong AND HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT SIONCE HE WENT AWOL (DESSERTED) IN 1972!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let me ask you this, what do you suppose we do with terroists? It seems that you are anti-war so what do we do?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) on Wednesday challenged militants who have been killing and injuring U.S. forces in Iraq (news - web sites), saying "bring them on" because American forces were tough enough to deal with their attacks.

Indeed. morale from a leader should be condemed, not to mention that it's entirely immoral to retaliate when a person shoots at you. heaven forbid.

There are some who feel like that conditions are such that they can attack us there," Bush told reporters at the White House. "My answer is 'bring them on'. We have the force necessary to deal with the situation."

yep. what's your point here? they attack, we retaliate.

Bush spoke in the face of increasing American concern about the rising casualty toll among U.S. troops. At least 23 American servicemen have been killed by hostile fire since major combat operations were declared over for the U.S. forces and their British allies on May 1.

hmm, sounds bad, maybe we should send in Un peace keepers, and umm, french soldiers, this would stop that instead of armed aggression.

Bush, who on Tuesday said the United States faced a massive and long-term undertaking in Iraq, said the United States welcomed contributions from other countries but that "we got plenty tough force there right now to make sure the situation is secure.

We should weaken that right away and make room for the un to do thier job. you know they always handle things right.

"We always welcome help. We're always glad to include others in. But make no mistake about it, and the enemy shouldn't make any mistake about it, we will deal with them harshly if they continue to try to bring harm to the Iraqi people," he said.

Iran wouldn't think twice about converting irag to a theocratic nation... no they just want to help.

He condemned militant attacks on electricity lines and other Iraqi infrastructure and vowed to deal harshly with those responsible.

what? you don't condem the attacks on our service men and basic human needs in iraq? or do you like the killing of our troops and the failure of regime change in iraq?

"Why can' this man just go away???? "

because he is the president.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Let me ask you this, what do you suppose we do with terroists? It seems that you are anti-war so what do we do?

How can you call citizens who want to be free of foreign influence "terrorists?" That's like calling our Founding Fathers "terrorists" b/c they wanted to be free from England.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
To Fury:

What should we do? We should get our servicemen out of there before this ends up like another Vietnam which is steadily happening. They shouldn't be there in the first place. And to lend even a modicum of legitimacy (which this war NEVER had), we should have UN peacekeepers there.

Our troops aren't trained to be policemen. They are soldiers. They should come home now.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
that is very intresting????

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What should we do? We should get our servicemen out of there before this ends up like another Vietnam which is steadily happening. They shouldn't be there in the first place. And to lend even a modicum of legitimacy (which this war NEVER had), we should have UN peacekeepers there.

Our troops aren't trained to be policemen. They are soldiers. They should come home now.

The UN is worse then most third world dictatorship armys. thier track record is horrible,

Legitimacy? the UN had told sadam how many times to comply with thier resolutions? and they didn't do jack to enforce it. we did.

Indeed no army is trained to police a populace. but liberate a populace, yes.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why is it everyone blames Bush for going awol, but not the tens of thousands of others who did. Not the millions who burned their Draft Cards. Why do people not stone Clinton for fleeing the nation when it was allowed that College students would be Drafted after all....all these whys, never answered, why? Because people would rather see the man they hate ruined, and the man they love succeed, no matter who is right or wrong.

I'm glad America is becomming more like Rome in the respect of military.

I'm saddened that America is also becomming more like Rome in public, and government, but it's the Democrats who are doing that, not the Republicans.

Rather, it's the irresponsibility of the People.

I love what Shakespeare wrote about Soldiers, and their duty...And the responsibility of the King.

"So, if a son that is by his father sent about
merchandise do sinfully miscarry upon the sea, the
imputation of his wickedness by your rule, should be
imposed upon his father that sent him: or if a
servant, under his master's command transporting a
sum of money, be assailed by robbers and die in
many irreconciled iniquities, you may call the
business of the master the author of the servant's
damnation: but this is not so: the king is not
bound to answer the particular endings of his
soldiers, the father of his son, nor the master of
his servant; for they purpose not their death, when
they purpose their services."

I suggest you learn from that entire Phrase completely. If you do not agree with it you are an Idealist, and have no place in this world.

For indeed, they purpose not their deaths, when they purpose their services.

I suggest to all who shun war, or what Bush is doing to read Henry V, it is a great story that tells it like it is, and explains how the woes of the soldier are on his head alone, and it is his right to take glory because of that burden.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
This, froma piece of dung, who RAN when it was his turn to serve. Oh, wait, he was defending Texas from the threat of the Viet Cong AND HE COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT SIONCE HE WENT AWOL (DESSERTED) IN 1972!

See this Observer? And you wonder why Democrats get bashed like they do, even if they are a minority on ATS?!?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Shakespeare was a communist.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Shakespeare was NOT a communist lol...he loved the Monarchy. Why do you think Elizebeth took after him so fondly? Otherwise he'd have been promptly suppressed.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Shakespere a communist LOL

He was in a group that played for Elizabeth and later evolved to be called The Kings Men.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think the bonhead issue is "Where was the post war plan?" Bush had none, we were lead to believe that the Iraqi people would see the Stars and Bars and jumpp for joy as they servered us tea and handed us flowers. Guess what.. they didn't. While they approve f the removal of Saddam they detest the idea of another strong man, which Bremer is showing himself to be. The attempted installation of Chalibi was a nightmare so bad he was REBUFFED by the same pentagon that tried to unstall him when he came back to Washington.
The questions are: Where are these WMD's?
if no WMD's we were convinced that al Quedea (SP?) waws alive and well there.... Ummm where?
Then it was Democracy for democracies same.. I can live with that.. I argued that on this very board in a long and never read diatribe. No democracy there, actually a tightening of control over Iraqi news (newspaper, TV, etc) and the inability of any upstart pol party to come talk to Bremer to maybe get into the power structure.

Wjhat's wrong with Bush? I think the question is what's wrong with us? Even TC is mad about the WMD thing.... TC!!!
Who I must say that I do enjoy and respect but he is the most conservative on member, that I know of, on this board.

HI TC!!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Colonel

See this Observer? And you wonder why Democrats get bashed like they do, even if they are a minority on ATS?!?

regards
seekerof

LOL.. oh wait.. how is this fact funny? I never said Clinton was the best Dem ever, did I?
He ran from draft, so did, Newt, Trent, George the second.. they all had their own reasons. Clinton's was aweful.. he was ACTUALLY against the war.. and a poor boy to boot.. how dare he!! Uppity man!
Bush was a weathly frat boy who did not have to go to go so far as to study enough for a RHODES scholar like Clinton, his papa the CIA director just made sure he protected the skies over Texas (stand up when I say that) every once in a while. Between rounds of coke that is.

[Edited on 3-7-2003 by observer]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How can one work intelligently when people are claiming Shakespeare to be Communist?

ugh...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"Jeez, I was just kidding guys...trying to curve that fastball a little" - Said the Guerilla Ontologist

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Oh ok...hard to tell a joke from a serious comment when there's no smilly or punctuation or anything.

Tones and inflections in the voice can't give away such subtleties across the internet

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i saw little king georgie on t.v. yesterday! and i was disappointed, he had a little smirk on his face like a little tough guy and he sounded like a Rap Gangsta from Watts. very non presidential. and a total lack of respect for the dead, wounded, soon to be dead and those they left behind. in his suit and tie it is easy for him to say 'bring it on' good thing I was not present cause I'd_javascript:icon('
')
www.abovetopsecret.com... a slapped him in his head and be in jail now!

tut

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay bush-backers, listen up without your propaganda for a few nano-seconds okay? Ever hear of role-playing?
Here you go!!

You are a young American GI or Marine in Iraq, a hornets nest that has already been knocked from its perch and kicked repeatedly. Now the little bastards are buzzing about your head looking for any opportunity to sting you.

Attacks by these arseholes has been increasing in frequency and sheer boldness by the day, and then you hear the news that your commander in chief has told them to "bring it on".

Now his stupid arse is not in the middle of this pissedoff hornets nest is he? NO, he's safely back in his oval office with armed gaurds and SS weenies ready to shield his sorry arse at the sound of a back firing car on Pennsylvania Ave.

As a former Marine, if I heard this while putting my arse on the line in Iraq, my first reaction would be to tell the prez to "shut the f**kup!!!!".

But shrub has no concept of military kinship, he was a TNG (Texass National Gaurd) weenie that his daddy bought to save his sorry butt from NAM, and he went AWOL from the TNG as well, for almost a year while on a coke binge in Cali & Arizona!!!

So ya know what, if you're not already typing a snide propaganda filled tirade already, thanks for paying even brief attention to this and maybe those of you who have served or are currently still serving can maybe understand why some of us thought shrubs comments were (as usual) not completely thought out.

BIG F**CKIN' SUPRISE THERE RIGHT!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join