It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What everyone should know about TRAFFIC TICKETS!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I don’t expect to win by being found not guilty.. the point is you can only lose by pleading guilty..

They are providing no incentive for people to avoid a trial.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

When you plead guilty without making them take you to trial. They are supposed to cut you a deal..

That is legal system 101..

That is why it is called “taking a plea deal”..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then why would anyone plead guilty?? Ever???

The cost of too many trials is why plea deals were invented..

This is 101 stuff.. not some obscure thing I am claiming.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Did you miss where I specifically said ask them the cost of you contest the ticket and fail???

It is in the OP..

It is really a major part of my premiss lol..

The reason you paid that in Florida is because 220 was the deal..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What everyone should know about TRAFFIC TICKETS!!!

That when self driving cars get fully adopted.

Cops, and cities and going to cry when their revenue streams dry up.

No more moving violations.

No more speeding tickets.

No more parking meters.

Fat Chance of that happening, instead of focusing on traffic infractions they will focus on jaywalking and make up fines for domestic cases, something like charging a fee to turn up like a plumber does.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Awesome advice Josh.
Here is another trick I recently learned that is like your traffic court hack.
Where you have traffic cams for redlights just flip the bird @ the camera. Because then...well, it works just

a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Have had two experiences with the crooked stupid cops in a podunk nothing Georgia town. Just moved away by a state and glad of it.

1. I never get tickets-I am a slow old woman who obeys all laws. Never speed. There's a stupid 4 way stop in the middle of our quiet no traffic neighborhood. I stopped. Then moved a few feet up and stopped again because the cross road has big curves that you can't see who might be coming. I drove ahead and turned into my street where blue lights came on behind me. It really scared me. It was nighttime. This young cop with a real attitude came to my window and I sincerely said I was sorry but what did I do wrong? He said I didn't stop at the stop sign. I said I did twice and since I am old and getting over a heart attack and told him it was the first time I had driven in weeks he said just be careful and let me go.

2. Three months later, my adult daughter who is a stickler for all driving laws, no tickets ever, drove into our driveway then this same cop turns on his lights-she told him she was sick and would be right back out-had no idea why he was there. She had stomach virus-I immediately went out to talk to the policeman-he was so mad he was spitting in my face that he told her to wait at her car-she has an auditory processing disorder plus a serious need to use the restroom.
He roughy handcuffed her and took her to jail. Running a stop sign, which she didn't, and resisting arrest, which she didn't. The state's computers were down so they could not release anyone in the state in jail that night and she was sick-no cot-very rude jailers. Couldn't get her out til late the next morning. She was sick and traumatized and I paid for her to get out the day before. I called that jail, the police chief, etc. every twenty minutes. So sick and upset they did this to her, of all people. Had long talks with the chief. They fired that cop's ass. Went to court, dismissed all charges but the trauma for my daughter and myself continue to this day.

Respect for our police, even though my family have been officers, sheriffs, etc is nowhere to be found. I hate them.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

everywhere I have ever lived you get a ticket plus court cost.

And if you dont go to court and just payup you still have court cost.

court costs lol... there is literally hundreds of thousands of dollars payed daily to these city's for traffic violations and court costs.

How much does court cost?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

in florida, the fine is the same, but you then have to pay court costs if you lose, which is an additional $300 bucks.

so if you did it, and you probably did, just take the fine and save yourself some grief.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Xcathdra

everywhere I have ever lived you get a ticket plus court cost.

And if you dont go to court and just payup you still have court cost.

court costs lol... there is literally hundreds of thousands of dollars payed daily to these city's for traffic violations and court costs.

How much does court cost?

Judges
Court clerk
Baliff's
records
attorneys
secretaries
process servers
victims advocate
supplies
etc etc etc

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I have learned somthing about the judicial system related traffic tickets and smaller infractions that literally EVERY American should know..

At least in MS where I live if you get, for example a traffic ticket. they are just rubber stamping the maximum fine for everyone EVEN IF THEY PLEAD GUILTY..

Let me back up..

The way the justice system is set up. If you come in there and are honest and plead guilty, which saves the state the time and money of a trial. The state is supposed to cut you a deal..

Well they are not doing that...

They have decided to still give people the maximum fine requardless whether you plead guilty or fight it.

So guess what that means???

YOU CANNOT LOSE BY FIGHTING IT, YOU CAN ONLY WIN!!!

Maybe the cop won’t show up, maybe the judge will lower the fine because he thinks it is too high for the infraction..

All kinda stuff can happen..

Here is what you do to know I’m right and be sure your not making a mistake..

When called before the judge or prosecution ask them “what is the fine if I plea guilty??”

Then ask them “what is the fine if I contest it
And lose?”

If it is the same fee either way. That means you cannot lose by fighting it...

I would really like to know how to start an “ad campaign” to make sure people knows this...

If no one plead guilty the judicial system would break in a month.. it could never deal with everyone going to trial..

Which hopefully would make TPTB tighten up and act right...I guarantee they would start giving deals again for pleading guilty...

Fantastic stuff. absolutely great to see this go up - please keep hammering away with this message and BURN it into the brains of the masses that have been distracted by the rectangular box to focus their attention on matters of no consequence instead of important matters like the affairs of state and the erosion of rule of law and justice.

Thank you, you are a true warrior of action for rule of law and justice.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

That’s not the way it is here..

That is why you ask before making the decision..

Maybe x or y states do cut discounts for pleading guilty.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Oh look your trolling.. ...

Must be a day that ends in Y..
edit on 4-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
a reply to: intrepid

I wish we could still do that.

Try it now and they are likely to shoot.

You couldn't do it then. Just humor. That's why he ended with, "They like it when you know your rights so they don't have to read them to you...."

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Did you miss where I specifically said ask them the cost of you contest the ticket and fail???

It is in the OP..

It is really a major part of my premiss lol..

The reason you paid that in Florida is because 220 was the deal..

I didn't miss it at all bud, you OP mentions asking the judge whats the cost if I contest it and fail, but if you're already in front of the judge in some jurisdictions the court cost is already applied....

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Then there is no change in my premiss..

If you ask them the total cost if you plead guilty and the total cost if you fight it and lose. If that is the sane amount both times you can only win by fighting it..

Because pleading guilty and going to trial both carry the same penalty..

That is not hard math lol..

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Then there is no change in my premiss..

If you ask them the total cost if you plead guilty and the total cost if you fight it and lose. If that is the sane amount both times you can only win by fighting it..

Because pleading guilty and going to trial both carry the same penalty..

That is not hard math lol..

I didn't say it was hard math. I said that there are instances that just going in front of the judge to ask incurs a cost. Rather, for the sake of accuracy, you should edit your OP to mention either asking the judge or if at all possible the ticketing officer (so in cases like mine perhaps there is a chance the officer can inform you of the court cost should you choose to fight it and therefore give you an idea of whether its worth the risk).

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The plea deal in a traffic case isn't to reduce the fine, it's to get a lesser infraction which carries a lesser penalty.

This is 101 stuff.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: bulwarkz

Oh look your trolling.. ...

Must be a day that ends in Y..
trolling?
I am in perfect context to your "what if" premise where you think you can game it instead of comply.
It is not as if you did it and came here and showed us how to apply it. No, you pretend your premise has legal foundation yet every scenario you provided is made up in fiction not fact. Not a case study, nothing anecdotal. Just a silly "premise" as you say.

And here I am providing you a video describing another just like you who also tried to game it. He lost. He gave the camera the finger. You want others to try your legal advice FOR YOU?
At least the guy who gave the finger to the camera had the balls to try it first, unlike your "premise"

Needless to say my example is in more context to your "premise" than your justifications in defending it. Your arg is silly. You assume you found a glitch but cannot validate in any way. You haven't tried it or even investigated it. You did less due diligence on your "premise" than I did in giving you another example of a traffic court genius at work "gaming it".

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The plea deal in a traffic case isn't to reduce the fine, it's to get a lesser infraction which carries a lesser penalty.

This is 101 stuff.
quoted for emphasis on my post above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join