It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What everyone should know about TRAFFIC TICKETS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you have to list the reason for pulling someone over in the report?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Do you have to list the reason for pulling someone over in the report?

Depends on the agency and state and prosecutor. For basic traffic citations, in general, no reports are done since the citation is self explanatory. If you are cited for other things (and it depends on what the other things are for) a report is usually done. I cant emphasize enough though its dependent on state, agency and preference of the prosecutor.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If you come in there and are honest and plead guilty, which saves the state the time and money of a trial. The state is supposed to cut you a deal..

Literally nowhere does it state that.

You can certainly ask for a reduced fine, but there is absolutely zero obligation on behalf of the court to give you one.

Super awesome legal advice though.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
LOLers speeding tickets and how to fight the system...

the system will just go automated likely

why would we need traffic cops anymore?

you have the best monitor in the world built into your car

first they will begin to mail you tickets when you speed on a road

then they will just disable speeding features in your car

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I've known what to do for years...

Nah, I've already tried on several occasions coming at them with that kind of attitude, ranting on about my rights and what not... Trust me, it never ends well.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Here in Ohio, I've always just went on the court date , plead no contest, and no matter what the charges, simply told the judge I followed all laws immediately after, and they have always dismissed the charges leaving just court costs.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I've managed to avoid almost all traffic tickets by not doing things that lead to traffic tickets. That was easy.

I see people turn from the wrong lane all the time. I see people barely slow down at stop signs all the time. Excessive speeding all the time. They got the maximum fine for getting caught? Cry me a river.

Exactly. I see these tickets as a tax on those who do not follow the law. I've gotten them before, but blame no one but myself. It's called taking responsibility for ones own actions.

If you are wrongly convicted, that's one thing, but if you DID do the crime, pay up your bill and help save me a little on my next income tax bill.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I wish we could still do that.

Try it now and they are likely to shoot.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You're forgetting one key element. In some jurisdictions, by fighting the ticket and losing, you can be saddled with court costs that in many cases greatly exceed the cost of the ticket itself.

I tried this in Florida on a $220 ticket and ended up paying close to $500 when it was all done.....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If you come in there and are honest and plead guilty, which saves the state the time and money of a trial. The state is supposed to cut you a deal..

Literally nowhere does it state that.

Here in my town there used to be a sign in the middle of the aisle in the courtroom stating that all guilty pleas will receive the minimum sentence while not guilty pleas will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

That sign is gone now.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

As was already pointed out, traffic fines are set, as in "Speeding in a school zone = $250 fine." The minimum sentence is the same as the maximum sentence.

I've never seen a jurisdiction where the fines were "Speeding in a school zone = $120-$300, up to the judge to decide." That's why when a ticket is written it has the fine amount on it. Because the fine is set, not variable.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

IN NYC:

If you call 311 and ask to make a complaint to the TRAFFIC BUREAU, after getting an illegal parking ticket and make a complaint stating that you were not told to move, or that you were trying not to block traffic or were just following the orders of a police or traffic agent, then the supervisor that calls you back in a few months will remove the ticket.

If you pay it they cant do anything

If you get an expired meter ticket, and less then 5 minutes pass you can use a meter receipt you just bought as proof that you were getting the meter receipt while the ticket was issued. 5 minute grace.

If not just buy the receipt from someone when they return to their car. 5 bucks for an expired receipt they were throwing out anyways is a good price. Saves you the fine. Ask for free!

For traffic tickets, take pictures, document anything you can. If you dont even have a cell picture of a sign or something then you will lose.

Any mistake on the ticket like a misspelled name, or drivers license number and its not valid. Point it out to the judge.

edit on 5 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

As was already pointed out, traffic fines are set, as in "Speeding in a school zone = $250 fine." The minimum sentence is the same as the maximum sentence.

I've never seen a jurisdiction where the fines were "Speeding in a school zone = $120-$300, up to the judge to decide." That's why when a ticket is written it has the fine amount on it. Because the fine is set, not variable.

Not sure why you're getting all defensive. I'm simply stating facts as they pertain to Mississippi, and no, our tickets do not have an amount on them.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

What's telling and scary to me is that both of the cops in this thread have been wrong so far.

edit on 3-5-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Not sure why you're getting all defensive. I'm simply stating facts as they pertain to Mississippi, and no, our tickets do not have an amount on them.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

What's telling and scary to me is that both of the cops in this thread have been wrong so far.

Why does that scare you? As already stated in this thread, fines and rules regarding these tickets vary from state to state.

Not sure why you would expect cops from other states to know your Mississippi rules.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There is a better way to deal with traffic tickets. Stop breaking the law!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I asked what the Fox Be was if I plead guilty to a rolling stop at a deserted 4way at midnight.. they said 275$

I said “what’s the fine if I fight it and lose??”

They said 275$..

I fought it andthe judge found me guilty , but dropped the fine to 50$.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The left is the ones against the police state..

The difference is that theleft trusts the fed to do the right thing and the right trusts thestates..

Which in my opinion the state officials are way easier to buy as a coporate interest .. they are cheaper..

The conservatives are the pro war on drugs party..

The conservatives are the pro patriot act, citizens united party..

The liberals are the pro increasing Medicare and social security party..

The conservatives are the pro police shootings party..

So I don’t know what your talking about.. the FED has yet to pull me over , search my car and rough me up.. the State has done it many times..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Which is why I said make sure it fits your case by asking first “how much if I plead guilty?” Then “how much if I fight it and lose? ”..

If the number is the same you can only win by fighting f it..

Which I think makes your accusation more than a little unnecessary..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I’m not really fighting the ticket..

There are all kinda potential benefits from fighting it..

The cop might not show.. that’s a get outta jail free card.

In my last case (the stop sign from the OP) the judge lessened it from 275 to 50.

Even if you lose and get the initial fine. The state likely lost money on the venture rather than cleansing the public with parasitical tickets that have nothing to do with public safety..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I was accused of 11mph over the speed limit (it’s not a ticket until 10 over..) and a rolling stop at a 4way at midnight with no traffic..

I promise everyone on planet earth has done both things..

Way to beself righteous..

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join