It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Major" Announcement on Hypersonics in the Near Future

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

the heat coming off of it alone would be a beacon. and if it is going to use RF to make a plasma that also will be detectable as it creates a lot of radio noise

my bet is that it is going to fly very very high and obviously fast, or it might get to the general area then sprint at hypersonic speeds to the target, that way it could maintain a low profile.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

I have a feeling the announcement is going to be a bit disappointing except to the wonkish sort.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And from our Chinese friends...not exactly a huge announcement, but...they're making progress. Remember this is their white world stuff:

Variable Mach number design approach for a parallel waverider with a wide-speed range based on the osculating cone theory:

www.sciencedirect.com...

Performance evaluation of regenerative cooling/film cooling for hydrocarbon fueled scramjet engine:

www.sciencedirect.com...

Uncertainty dynamic theoretical analysis on ceramic thermal protection system using perturbation method:

www.sciencedirect.com...

I don't think they are as far along as we are. However, the hare did lose the race.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

More from the Chinese...this time on how to model a TBCC engine:

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

And more:

Performance evaluation and comparison of electricity generation systems based on single- and two-stage thermoelectric generator for hypersonic vehicles

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The lack of funds made the single award to lockheed for the hypersonic missile necessary. The USAF lacked the money to do a competitive development.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Wonk? Wonk wonk wonk!

Here's a theoretical study from 19 years ago.

arc.aiaa.org...

A virtual aerospike.
edit on 10-6-2018 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not sure if this is the announcement (the contracts probably were), but DARPA is now tackling developing weapons to counter hypersonic weapons with its Glide Breaker program:

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
They should start with shortening ODAA loops and think about upgrading ERAM and ESSM speed and range, not dream about space based defenses for a primairly tactical issue.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

there is allot of interesting data on virtual structures like cowling and even turbine stuff.

i still think the use of plasma as boundary layer control for hypersonic flight is under reported
edit on 7-9-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

there is allot of interesting data on virtual structures like cowling and even turbine stuff.

i still think the use of plasma as boundary layer control for hypersonic flight is under reported

I have to agree with you there. Just some good searching around on the net can bring up some very interesting stuff

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
They find some cool stuff colliding things together.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join