It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Major" Announcement on Hypersonics in the Near Future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Zaphod58

Edit: would a project like this take place at Palmdale?

Curious as to whats being built at Palmdale. Yesterday for the first time I watched a JANET 737 go from Las Vegas to Palmdale. I'm used to seeing the the Beech 1900 make daily flights, but not the 737.

What's coming....

Looking at flightaware, I only see 737 flights from TNX to PMD.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Returning to Vegas

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
Problem with magnets...Weight and electronic interference? More thrust is needed and a far more aerodynamically efficient airframe ..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

what if they've figured out the weight problem and shielding isn't so much of an issue. what if the magnet is important to the thrust.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: makemap

He got a PhD...in math. That means wicked smaht.

Ayuh!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
If they cross teched from what they have learnt from the Boeing shapes (that shall not be said) and having the magnets being part of the mechanism (plasma and Lasers) then its possible.A lot of the best aerodynamics was done at least 50 to 70 years ago now with them being fine tuned by digital software programs such as Solidworks fluid dynamic modelling addon "Flow
With magnets wouldnt centrifugal forces be a consideration on bearing design?

edit on 28-4-2018 by Blackfinger because: added vid

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

good question but with this type of set up I don't believe so.

anyhoo, back to the thread topiv sounds like they got a hypersonic cruise missile or something. wonder what sorta stuff you'd launch it out of. probably anything would do I guess
edit on 28-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

you can make things non magnetic using various methods so that isn't a huge issue.

Somewhere in the UK they are making super strong magnetic fields with solenoids that are hand built and use special internal geometry on paper substrates that have HUGE field strengths a couple of Tesla's. and that was done on a shoestring budget, i cant imagine what they have come up with in other areas.

i think any potential issues are far outweighed by the benifits.

testing of stuff like this would explain allot of the 'plasma ufo's' people are seeing.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
zaph. do you think this hypersonic missile will be a boost glide or a true cruise missile but hypersonic

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This went off rails pdq. huh.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I'm trying to bring it back on track. same question to you. do you think if the revelation is about hypersonic missiles that it will be a working boost glide or something more exciting like a hypersonic cruise missile or rattlers or something

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

He said it was something that would allow for the acceleration of all hypersonic programs.

I bet they had a material science breakthrough and probably demoed it. Now all of the above can be done much faster.

That's an ENORMOUS announcement. It means missiles in 5 years, not 10 to 15.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

i think it is going to be a missile seeing as there was a bunch of talk about falling behind and china and russia making some pretty impressive progress. the DF-21D is pretty scary and russia's new(to them) cruise missile they displayed in Putin's speech...i doubt they will be nuclear powered and this was a way of telling people in the know what they have been doing, but i think the our hypersonic missiles are going to be a larger lines of the AGM-158's or maybe a bit bigger for obvious reasons then after all that MAYBE we will be a sneak peak at the applications for air/space craft.

then again it seem intuitive that you would try to make them long and pointy, using plasma magic to help protect the skin.

you might even be able to include a MHD system, that way you can generate your own power for the RF/microwave and magnetic systems. i wonder how they are going to have cryogenic temps around the magnets? that's why i think they will have to be large.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Got it. Flightaware didn't have those.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Make a Cruise Missile Hypersonic
Im all for it..If its materials tech it will add onto everything from A9,s up to the AMRAAM family and bigger..Its easier to go bigger first then miniaturize the tech.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As i have said before, some disclosure is coming. Maybe of the disruptive kind.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ouch... can a sa-400 even touch a HCM?

Would there be enough time?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It'll have the same issues as every other defense system out there. Good enough radar, fast enough interceptor and you can get more shots and have a better chance at stopping it.
edit on 4/29/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

the s-400 can hit targets going over 10,000mph. allegedly

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Gotta sell those systems.

And that's assuming that the radar can detect and react to something incoming that fast.

I wonder if the hypersonic missile would be stealthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join