It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrax's Comic Avatars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
At first I was reluctant to start this thread. Already there are plenty avatar thread created by very talented people. I did not want to feel like I was imitating or competing with them.
Lately I've had lots of Ideas for avatars and I don't want to use them for myself.
So here I am bringing my comic avatars to the table. Anyone who wants to claim one and use it go ahead. First come first serve, just post a reply to claim a avatar. If you like a particular character and want me to make a avatar with it, I'm up for that.
All the avatars I make have the text DENYHATE on them. This in a way is my signature on the avatars I make.
Right now I don't have Photoshop (I run Win98 SE) so forgive my avatars if they are not amazing.

Now that thats all out of the way, here's my first avatar that is up for grabs.

Captain America.

If you like this and want me to stamp your member name on it I'll be glad to do it.

Update: Please click the link below to view all the unclaimed avatars and a special announcement.

[edit on 18/4/2006 by Umbrax]

[edit on 24/8/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Nice work, I look forward to seeing more

JAK

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yes, I'll second UK's words. The very first post in this thread shows a good eye. A powerful image cut off because there is no need for the rest. Like it is purposefully disguarded due to the strength of the visible portion being enough.

Strong and very powerful yet understated. Good work Umbrax, I look forward to seeing more.

Jack

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Very, very nice Umbrax.

Got a THOR avatar along the lines of the Captain America on above?

Yep, I too look forward to seeing more.
Looks great thus far.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the complements guys. Much appreciated.

Originally posted by Seekerof
Got a THOR avatar along the lines of the Captain America on above?

Actually I've had this Thor picture on my HD collecting dust for months (I knew I was keeping it around for some reason). It isn't as dark or solid at the Cap avatar but it's always been a picture I've liked.

Thor.

This is Thor from The Ultimates not from the regular Marvel continuity. The regular Thor is currently deadish. He is some kind of hibernation and is not in any regular continuity books right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Umbrax.
That is so cool.
Awesome.

Mind if I upload it? I might get some others to toy with it a bit, if thats ok. Whats your fee, btw, other than I not bother you on the main site: ATS?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Mind if I upload it? I might get some others to toy with it a bit, if thats ok. Whats your fee, btw, other than I not bother you on the main site: ATS?

Go ahead make it yours. I only ask that DENYHATE stays on it.
Heh, I don't mind you 'bothering' me on ATS I don't take it personal and it is great that people have the opportunity to peacefully and intelligently disagree.
I just made a huge post on the Fragile Earth board and I expect to see a lot more of that

I should have another avatar up later today before the online rush hour.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Dark Phoenix.

This is from the beautiful cover art for Phoenix: End Song #1.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wolverine.

*Snikt!*

JAK

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I like that one Umbrax.

Jack

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Haven't made and for just fun sake in some time. I would post it in my own thread...but frankly, you provided all the inspiration.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks JAK. Yeah Wolverine looks pissed there. It cover art for WOLVERINE: SOULTAKER #1 by Katsuya Terada. I guess Wolverine gets to tear into some ninjas in it.

Nice work Zed.
I wish I could get text like that out of my photosuite4.
I haven't read The Ultimates but Thor is supposed to be some wacko who only thinks he is the god of thunder. His teammates don't even trust him.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Spider-Man.

Something in a different style from my other ones.

Edit: While I can I will add this one too.

Thor2

Seems the public wants more Thor

Looks like he takes out Captain America and Iron Man

[edit on 18/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I gotta admit that one thor avatar with the rain looks pretty freaken awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Good work.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Punisher.

Man I love Tim Bradstreet's Punisher. Any one of his comic covers would make a sweet poster.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Okay that enough Marvel for now.

Firestorm.

This one actually took some time for me to do. I had to create his shoulder passed the white stripe. I also had to make a new background for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Lobo.

I really like how this one turned out.
I took a statue of Lobo and slapped it onto a H.R. Giger painting.
Reminds me of a certain Hillbilly Biker

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thanks Umbrax.
Besides, i was just joking with you and feel as you have mentioned.

BTW: I got dibbs on that THOR2.

Might get JAK to play with it a bit, but when I do ask him, I will make sure that your request is honored. I will also place your name in my sig as:
Avatar by Umbrax, toyed with by JAK

seekerof

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thats cool Seekerof. JAK is an awesome artist and I can't wait to see what he does with it.

Martian Manhunter.

Used the same technique as I did with Lobo.I took a statue and pasted it onto a picture of Mars.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Batman

I found the original image on a Japanese web site, so I have no Idea who the artist is. I had to darken it up some more so it would blend well on a 000000 black background.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join