It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Use Of Online DNA Testing May Not Be The Smartest Thing to Do.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Ultimately, I'm opposed to the government know me all the way down to my DNA.

Don't get arrested in the UK then mate, even if you're innocent released no charge, they'll take it by force and you'll be on the database. I know, had it happen.

EDIT
...and yes in the UK, it is used in court the same as any other CCTV or witness phone cam evidence.
edit on 29-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well I got three different results before they wanted money for more so I’m not worried. Many tests are flawed and contaminated I have read. However I am a bit paranoid where I spit on the street now.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Azureblue

The science of DNA is far more complex than they want you to believe.

Funny how some people cant seem to put a view without a personal attack on those they are in disagreement with. I read some where once that people who do that that are small inside.

By the way, i'd love to have your remote viewing ability to know what someone is thinking, believes, experiences or knows.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If the government wants our DNA they could easily get it from Blood tests and donations through the medical field. Samples can be sent in already as long as they do not disclose the name of the patient.

Interestingly, I would not be surprised if this has already been happening for a very long time and not keeping things anonymous, more they take that info without asking anyone.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Funny how some people cant seem to put a view without a personal attack on those they are in disagreement with. I read some where once that people who do that that are small inside.

By the way, i'd love to have your remote viewing ability to know what someone is thinking, believes, experiences or knows.

Personal attack?

Since I made none deliberately, I would appreciate you pointing out my error.

The science of DNA is extremely complex and most of the ancestry web sites do not tell the complete truth about exactly how that science works and why the results they present may not be as accurate as they lead people to believe, or what may happen to it, or how it may be used.

I have not told anyone what they should or should not do. My post is only about caution. Getting your DNA into a database is fairly easy, getting it expunged may be near impossible.

edit on 30-4-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Personal attack?

Since I made none deliberately, I would appreciate you pointing out my error.

The science of DNA is extremely complex and most of the ancestry web sites do not tell the complete truth about exactly how that science works and why the results they present may not be as accurate as they lead people to believe, or what may happen to it, or how it may be used.

I have not told anyone what they should or should not do. My post is only about caution. Getting your DNA into a database is fairly easy, getting it expunged may be near impossible.

Read the first line or two of your first reply to me. Interesting that you dont see it as a personal attack.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I read everything that you posted and that I posted. I do not see where I made a personal attack against you or anyone else.

Please point out to me exactly what made you take offense, because I don't see it.

I have no reason to attack you and I don't make it a habit of attacking people. If there has been some miscommunication on my part, I would like to be able to recognize it so I can avoid the issue in the future.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

your first or second line whichever, contained the phrase "there is more to ........ than your willing to beleive.

Its unwise to make such statements because you cannot know or prove what someone is willing or unwilling to beleive. learn the lesson and move on.

cheers

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I remember a while back I read something here on ATS talking about 23&Me and other DNA ancestry sites. Right now there are no regulations from what I remember regarding how they handle our DNA. So lets say in a couple of years insurance companies taps into these companies for DNA you've willingly submitted. Now lets say they use that DNA to see if you qualify for health insurance. Lets say that the insurance company finds that you're at a greater risk for heard disease thanks to that submitted DNA.

Now all of a sudden you've got sky high premiums if you even quality for health care from that provider.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aegeus
You have reason to be concerned about how your DNA will be used. Our government and big businesses have not been the most trustworthy, nor have they shown any real concern for the masses that did not involve dollars and cents.

A DNA database of the masses is a gold mine that has the ability to stretch across the whole planet. How it can be used is no longer just stuff of science fiction.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think that you took my statement as referring to you specifically instead of generally as it was written.

I thank you for your explanation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join