It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Church Age's oven timer is starting to beep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

lol no, but if they make you feel better go for it

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

By the timeline I have figured out. Assuming the birth of Israel was a fig leaf per the fig leaf parables then the generation mentioned in Matthew 24 started between the end of WW2 and May of 48. The bible in Psalms 90 defines a lifetime of a normal human as lasting 70-80 years. Therefore the end of the Apocalypse would be no later than May of 2028.

So going by the last possible dates here. The antichrist should start ruling the kingdom of the north no later than the end of 2024. The 7 year agreement should be signed by 2021.

But what really concerns me is that if I have the timeline right then there is a major cataclysm coming. And it's actually due right now. It's going to happen between now and 2020 as a guess. And when it's over the US will be gone. Replaced by the 4 republics. And the governments of a number of nations will be replaced as well.

The new world's coming. I'm waiting for the old one to go bang.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ancient Greek.

The language the original books of the Bible were written in.

None of the stuff I say about the Bible is my own trailer park interpolation. Lol

It is the opinions of those who actually go and learn ancient languages and have access to the original copies we have..

All of Ehrman’s analysis is the mainstrean scholarly opinion as taught by every major university in the west.

That’s why he wrote his books. All of academia knows the Bible is a collection of different and contradictory accounts and scholars can tell you what I’d the oldest christology..

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

About the undisputed Pauline gospels :

There is nearly universal consensus in modern New Testament scholarship on a core group of authentic Pauline epistles whose authorship is rarely contested: Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, and Philemon. Several additional letters bearing Paul's name are disputed among scholars, namely Ephesians, Colossians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus. Scholarly opinion is sharply divided on whether or not Colossians and 2 Thessalonians are genuine letters of Paul. The remaining four contested epistles – Ephesians, as well as the three known as the Pastoral epistles (1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus) – have been labeled pseudepigraphical works by most critical scholars.[4][5][6] Some scholars have proposed that Paul may have used an amanuensis, or secretary, in writing the disputed letters.[7]

A disputed Pauline text that is anit woman

From Timothy 2:

A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

In Mark Christ doesn’t know that he will be exalted..

He is shocked and goes to his death in silence only uttering one phrase “father , father why have you forsaken me.”

In Matthew he knows exactly what’s up and is even comforting others during his crucifixion.

Apologists smush it all together and just say it all happens..

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Ancient Greek.

The language the original books of the Bible were written in.

None of the stuff I say about the Bible is my own trailer park interpolation. Lol

It is the opinions of those who actually go and learn ancient languages and have access to the original copies we have..

All of Ehrman’s analysis is the mainstrean scholarly opinion as taught by every major university in the west.

That’s why he wrote his books. All of academia knows the Bible is a collection of different and contradictory accounts and scholars can tell you what I’d the oldest christology..
so you just told me the "j" sound you are using came from greek?
I call bs

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

What?!?!

I have no intrest In your trolling.

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What?!?!

I have no intrest In your trolling.
i cannot troll a troll
You said ancient greek. There is no "j" sound in greek. You are a poser.

Btw. When Yahawashi cried out to His Father in Matthew. Who is His Father He is appealing to?
You see, nobody wastes much time with you because the deeper things in regards to Spirit simply go way over your head. You cannot see the forest for the trees. So no matter how one is to adress you it would be trolling because you are trolling as a default with your imaginary what if threads. You pose as a way of life.

So when I point out to you once again your use of the "j" sound when claiming biblical references to ancient languages, betrays your attempts at credibility. You simply do not even know the names of those you pretend to have knowledge of that others do not.

You strain at a gnat yet swallow a camel

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Jesus had said “there are those here who will not taste death before I come into my kingdom.”

I guess given what you said about it I don't have to wonder why you left out the verb "see" from the quotation above (or a clear reference what bible verse you were quoting). None of the bible translations on the biblehub website ("parallel" tab) for Matthew 16:28 leaves out a form of the verb "see" from what Jesus actually said there. Accurate details aren't always useful when advancing one's own interpretation designed to undermine the truth and clarity of the Scriptures and boost the popularity of one own's religion or religious views (or viewpoints about theological matters).
The Transfiguration—A View of Christ in Glory: Jesus—The Way

While Jesus is teaching the people in the region of Caesarea Philippi, which is about 15 miles (25 km) from Mount Hermon, he makes a startling announcement to his apostles: “Truly I say to you that there are some of those standing here who will not taste death at all until first they see the Son of man coming in his Kingdom.”​—Matthew 16:28.

The disciples must wonder what Jesus means. About a week later, he takes three of the apostles​—Peter, James, and John—​with him up to a lofty mountain. It may well be nighttime, for the three men are sleepy. While Jesus is praying, he is transfigured before them. The apostles see his face shine as the sun and see his garments become brilliant as light, glitteringly white.

Then, two figures, identified as “Moses and Elijah,” appear. They start talking to Jesus about his ‘departure that is to occur at Jerusalem.’ (Luke 9:30, 31) His departure evidently refers to Jesus’ death and subsequent resurrection, which he recently spoke of. (Matthew 16:21) This conversation proves that contrary to what Peter urged, Jesus’ humiliating death is not something to be avoided.

Fully awake now, the three apostles watch and listen in amazement. This is a vision, yet it appears so real that Peter begins to get personally involved in the scene, saying: “Rabbi, it is fine for us to be here. So let us erect three tents, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” (Mark 9:5) Does Peter want the tents set up so that the vision will be prolonged for some time?

While Peter is speaking, a bright cloud covers them and a voice from the cloud says: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.” At hearing God’s voice, the frightened apostles fall on their faces, but Jesus urges them: “Get up. Have no fear.” (Matthew 17:5-7) When they do, the three apostles see no one except Jesus. The vision has ended. When it is day and they are descending from the mountain, Jesus commands: “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of man is raised up from the dead.”​—Matthew 17:9.

Elijah’s appearance in the vision raises a question. “Why,” the apostles ask, “do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” Jesus replies: “Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him.” (Matthew 17:10-12) Jesus is speaking about John the Baptist, who fulfilled a role similar to Elijah’s. Elijah prepared the way for Elisha, and John did so for Christ.

How strengthening this vision is to Jesus and to the apostles! It is a preview of Christ’s Kingdom glory. Thus the disciples saw “the Son of man coming in his Kingdom,” as Jesus had promised. (Matthew 16:28) While on the mountain, they were “eyewitnesses of his magnificence.” Though the Pharisees wanted a sign to prove that Jesus was to be God’s chosen King, he would not give them one. But Jesus’ close disciples were allowed to see Jesus’ transfiguration, which confirms Kingdom prophecies. Thus, Peter could later write: “We have the prophetic word made more sure.”​—2 Peter 1:16-19.

And besides (or "but anyway"), Jesus also said:

“For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s* name!’” (Matthew 23:39; NWT)

Matthew 23:39 (The Divine Name King James Bible)

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of ... ( Jehovah Psa 118:26 )

Psalms 118:26 (American Standard Version)

Blessed be he that cometh in the name of Jehovah: We have blessed you out of the house of Jehovah.

Likewise, the Darby Bible Translation, YLT and the NWT have "Jehovah" at Psalms 118:26. As does the DNKJB (The Divine Name King James Bible).

DIVINE NAME YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV NASB COMPARE (DIVINE NAME IN THE CRISTIAN GREEK SCRIPTURES)

edit on 25-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: schuyler
No, the Biblical Age is not over. As long as we have ignorance, lack of education, IQs below 100, and parents who brainwash their children, the Biblical Age will continue to flourish.

we will always have IQs below 100 you dolt!

Wow, what an insult. That's heavy! Did you understand the point? We will also ALWAYS HAVE STUPID PEOPLE who believe crap. Thanks for confirming what I said.

all parents brainwash their children.. Thats actually part of this thread "there is no such thing as normal."
everything brainwashes you all the time.

Thanks for the insight. Now I know that "everything brainwashes me." Brilliant! And parents who brainwash their children in religious nonsense will ensure a continuing supply of fodder for the Biblical Age.

IQ scores are adjusted so 100 fits right in the middle of the population. Its been adjusting upwards.

So what? I have this feeling you took Psychology 101 and now consider yourself an expert. The fact is that my major points still hold, despite your inept attempt at calling me names.

1. Stupid people (below 100 IQ) are prone to believing nonsense.
2. People who are ignorant know no better.
3. Lack of education contributes to ignorance.
4. Brainwashed parents brainwash their children in religious nonsense.

Whatever category you are in, the fact that you are there ensures there will be a continuing supply of people to believe in the "Biblical Age." In other words, it is not going away any time soon. You have done absolutely nothing to refute what I said. Read your answer and you will see you reacted emotionally and added nothing to the discussion. I'm sorry for your loss.

aww you didn't get the joke..

Poor bloke.

100 IQ is defined as the average IQ..

Do you understand what that means?

No matter how smart or how dumb people are, the mean IQ will be 100.. SOOO half of all people are BELOW 100.. And that will not predict religion in 1000 years, when the average IQ is still 100..

I was trying to educate you, but you are right, people are not that smart.

your emotions are interesting.

I never took psychology or any other course like that.. I just read for fun. You didn't get the joke, when I called you a dolt. It wasn't serious lol. I am serious about the definition of 100 IQ. The Irony is palpable.

You got stars because people are so simple in their minds.. I must look like I'm defending religion right? HAhahahaha...
you guys....

I'll start explaining all of my jokes?
Won't be as funny to those above 100 IQ if I do..

Or directly to really kill the suspense, I think religion is retarded.

But I also study History of human behavior and recognize things the OP may be referring to.

Society is unglued.

Even if we don't want to use elmers glue (bible) or wood glue (laws) we really don't want NAZI (super glue) still... we are unglued.. the glue age is ending, as a central glue source, besides media.. Morality will be defined as what can I get away with... This is the (weak glue force) . The weak glue force has only very local and very timely constraints. FREEDOM!!!!

[this post also contains jokes. Please read with caution.]
edit on 25-4-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ancient Greek. The language the original books of the Bible were written in.

How would you know that? Stop and think of how ridiculous that statement is. You nor Ehrman can produce one autograph to verify that silly statement.

Once again. You have no idea of what you are talking about. Opinions are simply your guess because you have nothing to verify an original copy. Once again, you must have an autograph to verify an original copy and you can not produce an autograph.

All of Ehrman’s analysis is the mainstrean scholarly opinion as taught by every major university in the west. That’s why he wrote his books. All of academia knows the Bible is a collection of different and contradictory accounts and scholars can tell you what I’d the oldest christology..

Wrong on all accounts. Ehrman is a confused book seller and is not a Christian by any measure. His purpose in life is to convince people to believe his confusion. I do admit that he is good book salesman for the fools who buy his opinions. Which bible are you claiming is a collection of contradictory accounts ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join