It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comeys memos indicate dossier briefing of trump was a setup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So Comey, at Clapper’s expressed behest, told Trump that CNN was “looking for a news hook” to publish dossier allegations. He said this in the briefing of Trump that almost immediately leaked to CNN, which provided them the very news hook they sought and needed.

This briefing, and the leaking of it, legitimized the dossier, which touched off the Russia hysteria. That hysteria led to a full-fledged media freakout. During the freakout, Comey deliberately refused to say in public what he acknowledged repeatedly in private — that the President of the United States was not under investigation. He even noted in his memos that he told the president at least three times that he was not under investigation. Comey’s refusal to admit publicly what he kept telling people privately led to his firing.

That led to Comey leaking multiple memos in order to get a special counsel appointed out of revenge. That special counsel has utterly distracted multiple agencies and embroiled all three branches of government at the highest levels. All over a document that was secretly funded by Hillary Clinton and the DNC, contracted by a Democrat research firm with ties to the Kremlin, and authored by a shady foreign spy whose relationship with the FBI was terminated because he lied to them

thefederalist.com...

A great article worth reading

She outlines that Comey told trump that cnn was looking for a reason to run with the pee allegation filled dossier, and that clapper wanted Comey to tell trump this

4 days later someone high on the intel community told cnn that trump and obama were briefed about these allegations, and that was the hook cnn needed to legitimize reporting on the dossier.

It seems quite possible that someone high up in the intel community wanted the story ran by cnn, so they pushed for the briefing to trump and obama, then leaked the details of that briefing to cnn so that they could finally have a legitimate reason to run that report.

And who hated trump, and suggested the briefing? Clapper

By the way, guess who clapper now works for?

Cnn

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey should not have listened to Hilary, but he did and now he will see how much they care about him. Loretta Lynch does not seem to like him.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
CNN had another direct line to the White House too.

So subtle and "clean" it was.

😎

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is what Clapper put in writing at the same time he was leaking b.s. to damage a sitting President:

CNN is Mockingbird Central--Clapper, Brennan...too many to list.

edit on 20-4-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Wow, just wait until the AG moves on this.

Ok wait, I just remembered who the AG is...another missed opportunity.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Now whose the #in mob boss? Ol dodgy, Comey, Obama, DWS et al - stitching up the system to stack the deck in their favour because Ol dodgy the hammer was about to become the Godfather.

That's mafioso right there folks.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This briefing, and the leaking of it, legitimized the dossier, which touched off the Russia hysteria.

That's just wrong.

Comey’s refusal to admit publicly what he kept telling people privately led to his firing.

To "admit?" What he means is Comey's reluctance to issue a statement that Trump wasn't under investigation.

That led to Comey leaking multiple memos in order to get a special counsel appointed out of revenge.

That's more than a stretch. Rod Rosenstein drafted the memo that was the ostensible justification for firing Comey. Rod Rosenstein the appointed a SC out of revenge for the firing of Comey that he facilitated?

That special counsel has utterly distracted multiple agencies and embroiled all three branches of government at the highest levels.

How's that? Oh, does she mean Nunes and the rest of the Trump Defense Team who feel compelled to undermine it? That's wonderful logic.

All over a document that was secretly funded by Hillary Clinton and the DNC, contracted by a Democrat research firm with ties to the Kremlin, and authored by a shady foreign spy whose relationship with the FBI was terminated because he lied to them

As Trey Gowdy has said quite unequivocally, there would be all the investigations there are with or without the dossier, including Mueller's.

Fusion GPS has less ties to the Kremlin than the Trump campaign did. Steele is shady? Holy #. Steele is shady? Lmao. Steele? He's a helluva lot less shady than Trump or basically anyone in his orbit.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Weasel = Comey

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First you are wrong on the first part.

The nyt story resulted from the Comey leaks were the impetus for Rosenstein appointing a special counsel.

Funny seeing as how Rosenstein no doubt knew of muellers claims of trump asking him to let Flynn go, and knew it was he that recommended trump fire Comey.

Yet still the nyt story was enough for Rosenstein to issue a special counsel which is exactly what Comey wanted

Almost like Rosenstein and Comey wanted this to happen from the beginning

What is the obstruction allegations again if you are admitting Rosenstein was the one who recommended firing Comey?

Why was Rosenstein them allowed to be the one who chose the special counselor?

Yes Gowdy and other admit there would have been an investigation of Russian influence even without the dossier and comeys memo.

But of course that’s true, as comeys memos and own admission was that the fbi was not only already investigating it and continued to do so after his firing, but trump welcomed this.

The special counsel however was appointed as a direct result of this.

And mark my words, it now seems as if trump will be untouched by the special counsel as far as collusion with Russia goes (something you have guessed as well) but because the counsel is allowe to have almost unlimited reach, there will now be another huge investigation resulting from it about trumps lawyer being raided and money issues, which was never intended to be the investigation

So again, as the op says, it seems likely this briefing, in conjunction with comeys note taking and leaks seem to have been a pre planned setup to gebe trump at all costs

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

And btw, as one of the leftists (for lack of better word) that I respect most, I have another point for you.

You were one of the only ones I have seen to give any possible reason as to why the dnc didn’t want tj fbi to look at their server

You said perhaps they had something shady in the server not related to the hack they didn’t want the fbi to see

I believe you said that almost all of these politicians have broken laws and have something to hide

Given that, are you comfortable with the seemlessly never ending always changing investigation of trump, that has now changed to raiding his lawyer for things like the access Hollywood tape to find any possible campaign finance crime?

Are you not the least bit worried at the selective application of f only looking in to certain people when it comes to these crimes?

I am guess that you are like me, and wouldn’t mind seeing everyone who has been shady go down

But surely you can see that these laws are investigations are being selectively applied

Does that trouble you?

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Damn dude, do you actually think this sh#t through in an attempt to be 'unbiased'? I'm confused, you seem to have 'bucked the norm' and have the courage of your convictions...that's some 1-percenter mentality -- the 1% who see the world as it is.

Bravo.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Damn dude, do you actually think this sh#t through in an attempt to be 'unbiased'? I'm confused, you seem to have 'bucked the norm' and have the courage of your convictions...that's some 1-percenter mentality -- the 1% who see the world as it is.

Bravo.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am also really good at drinking beers

Sadly my wife is unimpressed by both

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Bravo.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am also really good at drinking beers

Sadly my wife is unimpressed by both

Gladly, it lets a drunken man's words become a sober man's thoughts. Good stuff.

Keep it coming and apologize to the wife in the morning -- It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.
edit on 21-4-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: become

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Something is not right with Comey saying that CNN needed a "news hook" (aka "a reason") for reporting dirt on President-elect Donald Trump. CNN takes every Anti-Trump rumor it can find, and treats it as true/accurate. No reason needed.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Something is not right with Comey saying that CNN needed a "news hook" (aka "a reason") for reporting dirt on President-elect Donald Trump. CNN takes every Anti-Trump rumor it can find, and treats it as true/accurate. No reason needed.

Well remember cnn was first to report about trump being briefed about some allegations of sexual impropriety in Russia

Buzzfeed them printed the full allegations

Buzzfeed was lambasted by many for printing such salaciousumverified allegations

So cnn got to have their cake and eat it too.

They got to report a real news story that smeared trump

And because their left leaning cohorts buzzfeed printed the actual allegations, they got to have people know what they were discussing, but got none of the negative repercussions of discussing the actual grimy details

Remember, many news outlets had sat in the dossier allegations for a long time

Rumors of a president engaging in salacious sex is common and is generally unreported

For example, pretty much all main stream media didn’t touch the obama having sex with Larry Sinclair story

But if the story is enough to have the president and president elect briefed on it, now its a news worthy story

edit on 21-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The nyt story resulted from the Comey leaks were the impetus for Rosenstein appointing a special counsel.

Congratulations on getting "special counsel" right, unlike our President.

No, actually Russian interference was the ultimate impetus. I think it's hard — if not impossible — for many supporters of the President to really accept this. From the jump the Trumposphere outright rejected even the existence of Russian interference in the election.

It was all just a made up narrative from butthurt Democrats or the "deep state" who was somehow afraid of Trump "draining the swamp" (how'd that really turn out? ) or it was the establishment, the globalists or some combination of them all.

There's a thick cloud of memes, making everything ambiguous to sustain incredulity. And when they've had to concede that some part of the "made up narrative" of Russian meddling actually occurred, they've simply shifted to dismissing its impact or relevance.

The DNS servers! Seth Rich! The transfer speeds! But Assange offered a reward! There was no hack! If there was a hack, it could have been anyone! The Russians did us a favor! They've been doing it forever and nobody cared! We've meddled too so we deserved it! Bro do you even YouTube? Tick tock! It was the dossier! Clinton's the real colluder! Lock her up! What about Uranium One? Trump is hard on Russia! So hard! But only because he was duped by the "deep state!"

All these superficial catechisms, easily debunked talking points and opinions masquerading as facts — to avoid addressing the reality that Russian meddling wasn't a "made up narrative" (or if you prefer, as POTUS has said more than once, "a HOAX!")

There was an effort by the Russians to influence the election. It was not insignificant. It was not business as usual. It requires investigation, a response and hopefully future mitigation. Furthermore, the # that Trump's people were actually doing relating to Russia, while this was occurring and after the election, raises many big red flags.

If you can't accept that the Russians took unprecedented steps to interfere in the election then it's nearly impossible to believe that anything that stems from it is justified.

Russians meddled in the election; Trump team was up to shady # with Russians; Flynn immediately undercut the outgoing administration's response to Russian interference and lied about it (and not just to the FBI *supposedly* if you'll recall but to the administration — no problem there though apparently? Like wtf?); Trump immediately leaned on Comey not to investigate Flynn; now we find out that Priebus had asked Comey, immediately before Flynn "resigned" (or was fired if you want to believe that Trump took firm action!), if Flynn was under surveillance (should we believe he didn't tell Trump just like we're supposed to ignore Sally Yates warning McGahn?); Comey gets fired; we find out Manafort was at the very least trying to peddle influence to the Russians (you remember Manafort right? He ran the campaign and quit when his corruption in the Ukraine and direct ties to Putin became an issue); it's revealed that Don Jr had a meeting with who he believed to be a Kremlin operative, acting at the behest of the Russian government, to give Russian intelligence services-sourced kompromat to him — as part of the Russian government's efforts to support Trump (it was in the emails ffs) — Don Jr would have definitely coordinated if they right Russia had brought him the right #.

And it just keeps going. How about the # with Cohen and Felix Sater? From the "I'll get Putin's people on board and we'll get our boy elected" emails to Cohen going straight to Putin's spox for help on the Moscow Trump Tower ("I have no business in Russia!") to Cohen hand delivering a supposedly Putin-endorsed "Ukrainian peace plan" (w/kompromat on the Ukrainian President) to Mike Flynn that he got from a pro-Putin Ukrainian MP.

For a "made up narrative" there sure is no shortage of actual things that happened to substantiate its existence.

So please, let's not pretend that there was no good cause for the Mueller investigation or any of the investigations that have taken place.
edit on 2018-4-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Funny seeing as how Rosenstein no doubt knew of muellers claims of trump asking him to let Flynn go, and knew it was he that recommended trump fire Comey.

Yet still the nyt story was enough for Rosenstein to issue a special counsel which is exactly what Comey wanted

Almost like Rosenstein and Comey wanted this to happen from the beginning

I think I covered my thoughts on this in the last post. You want their to be a plot by Comey and Rosenstein to explain the special counsel because you don't accept that there are valid reasons for the special counsel in the first place. Personally, I think triggered Rosenstein to appoint at that moment as opposed to some other was that he was being painted as Trump's shill, who drafted a memo at Trump's behest to justify his firing of Comey for other, far less noble, self-serving reasons which Trump revealed in a nationally televised interview on network television.

What is the obstruction allegations again if you are admitting Rosenstein was the one who recommended firing Comey?

Why was Rosenstein them allowed to be the one who chose the special counselor?

Rosenstein's recommendation was not the reason that Comey was fired, as Trump himself immediately confessed in the Lester Holt interview — in stark contrast to what the WH communications people were putting out. It's like they arranged to have this firing for good cause and then Trump went off script and admitted it was all a sham to cover up his real motivations.

Are we who are not Trump supporters supposed to ignore the obvious implications there? At best you have to admit that Trump continuously makes # worse with his reactions. He actually does things that make him look guilty.

I don't understand the other question. Rosenstein selected the special counsel because Sessions was recused and Rosenstein as Deputy AG was the next person in line who was not recused. Mueller was an obvious choice and given all sorts of votes of confidence initially by even people like Newt Gingrich who later did an about face. There's perhaps nobody more qualified for the job and he has been well regarded on both sides of the aisle for years.

There was nobody that could have been appointed that would have been favorable to Trump and his base that wasn't a Trump campaign surrogate. Even then, that's no guarantee — look at Sessions.

Rosenstein didn't need Comey to be fired to appoint a special counsel. He could have done it at any time and the same people who are for/against the appointment would have the same position regardless.

And mark my words, it now seems as if trump will be untouched by the special counsel as far as collusion with Russia goes (something you have guessed as well) but because the counsel is allowe to have almost unlimited reach, there will now be another huge investigation resulting from it about trumps lawyer being raided and money issues, which was never intended to be the investigation

The investigation isn't being led by Mueller. All his investigation did was refer something to the SDNY US Attorney. That's who made a decision to open an investigation, launch a raid, etc. That's also how that should work.

We do not know exactly what was referred to the US Attorney. We don't know how in the course of the Mueller investigation that evidence was discovered. We have bits and pieces about what was supposedly included in the warrants. If all that was over a campaign finance violation for the Stormy Daniel's payoff and possible bank fraud in obtaining the hush money, I'll be *shocked*.

Like everything else, all we can do is wait and see.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So Comey, at Clapper’s expressed behest, told Trump that CNN was “looking for a news hook” to publish dossier allegations. He said this in the briefing of Trump that almost immediately leaked to CNN, which provided them the very news hook they sought and needed.

This briefing, and the leaking of it, legitimized the dossier, which touched off the Russia hysteria. That hysteria led to a full-fledged media freakout. During the freakout, Comey deliberately refused to say in public what he acknowledged repeatedly in private — that the President of the United States was not under investigation. He even noted in his memos that he told the president at least three times that he was not under investigation. Comey’s refusal to admit publicly what he kept telling people privately led to his firing.

That led to Comey leaking multiple memos in order to get a special counsel appointed out of revenge. That special counsel has utterly distracted multiple agencies and embroiled all three branches of government at the highest levels. All over a document that was secretly funded by Hillary Clinton and the DNC, contracted by a Democrat research firm with ties to the Kremlin, and authored by a shady foreign spy whose relationship with the FBI was terminated because he lied to them

thefederalist.com...

A great article worth reading

She outlines that Comey told trump that cnn was looking for a reason to run with the pee allegation filled dossier, and that clapper wanted Comey to tell trump this

4 days later someone high on the intel community told cnn that trump and obama were briefed about these allegations, and that was the hook cnn needed to legitimize reporting on the dossier.

It seems quite possible that someone high up in the intel community wanted the story ran by cnn, so they pushed for the briefing to trump and obama, then leaked the details of that briefing to cnn so that they could finally have a legitimate reason to run that report.

And who hated trump, and suggested the briefing? Clapper

By the way, guess who clapper now works for?

Cnn

You know. Maybe it is time that Trump sends the FBI towards Obama's, Hilary's, Lynch's, Holder's, Bill's, McCain's, and etc, etc., Lawyers, to make sure they didn't conspire against an elected President. Maybe it is time to see whose side Mueller is really on. If he will not do it, or not do it with how he has been doing things accordingly, fire him on the spot, because that will let you know.
edit on 21-4-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Well was to avoid the op!

Yes we know the evil Russian boogeyman is justification for a never ends ng investigation into any politician!

Oh unless they are democrat! Then no need to look into anything!

Remember it’s Ok for the dnc to pay foreign spies to get dirt in trump from kremlin officials, that Russian influence is the good type of Russian influence

I find your cognitive dissonance to be hilarious

You readily admit that you feel the intel community lied about the Assad gas attack, yet are willing to believe everything they say when it comes to Russian influence in the election

Have you came up with a good reason why the fbi hasn’t looked at the server yet?

Despite all of your bluster and concern over Russian influence, you have no explanation as to why only those connected to trump are being looked at

If those evil ruskies are so worth look at, why isn’t the poorest a group being raided when mueller admits they were involved in being unregistered and promoting Russian influence with Manafort to politicians?

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

There is no valid reason for a special counsel. I find it so funny that you think there is, yet won’t bat an eye at lynch having the ultimate say in the Hillary investigation despite meeting bill on that tarmac

Tell me this, if the special counse was so warranted, what will you say when it finds no evidence of trump Russian collusion?

Why don’t you just be honest? You want trump taken down at any cost. If that means having never ending investigation that looks at any crimes going back decades, so be it

Meanwhile, as you have admitted, all political people including Dems have dirt, and if it was investigated they would be found guilty of something.

That is why you said the Dems didn’t want the fbi to look at their server, because it would show the committed some crime

But you will pretend that Russia influence justifies endless investigations of trump because it’s so serious

Meanwhile that same Russian influence doesn’t even require the fbi looking at the actual server, or looking at Russian connections to Hillary or Democrats
edit on 22-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join