It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker...more from Thomas Winterton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: vlawde

Hey! It looks like that guy has an assault weapon. And I'm pretty sure he is wearing assault clothes.

Somebody needs to start protesting this place, for the sake of the children.

Could you maybe, not ruin an aliens/paranormal thread with more political garbage?

You're absolutely right. I sincerely apologize.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

they have already said in the public that they are there for the paranormal stuff, no hiding required

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

man if only i could aplaud comments

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

originally posted by: vinifalou
Special ops protecting cows?

Mhmmm...

Speaking of cows...I suppose this could have been from a predator, but who knows..

Speaking of cows...there are some who think the cattle/animal mutilations are a group who is monitoring the amount of chemicals or radiation, etc., that's in the cow population, tracking how much gets into our food supply, etc. This picture, if it was taken on the ranch and is an example of the mutilations there (and is not from a natural predator) kind of goes against that theory. Surely one wouldn't need that much cow if you're testing for stuff in the food supply.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Images on both screens are identical graphs. Could be an extended monitor from the laptop.. a 2nd person monitoring at the same time. Laptop on left is a beast (or old).. has a handle.. not a standard laptop. Huge power supply.. so probably a beast of a laptop. Just a computer geek chiming in. : )

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Always interested to hear more about the ranch. I remember writing it all off years ago, but I read the book and I find it all very interesting. Maybe I'm getting a bit more woo-woo with age. Either way I like a good mystery.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

They released the flow of information as a show of force because a guy found out the owners name and posted it on that site for a few minutes..
edit on 10-4-2018 by secretSucess because: Left out details

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It's the bait pen , they keep a cow in there and watch it all night to see if anything gets to it..

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

wasnt it some sort of test pen, to see if the bullet proof wolf would eat them?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

wasnt it some sort of test pen, to see if the bullet proof wolf would eat them?

If I remember right, yeah, but during the investigation chronicled in the book, observed phenomena would never strike twice and the team was constantly putting new cameras where it had been but wouldn’t return. Additionally camera wires would turn up cut or destroyed, seemingly by whatever was doing everything else.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Images on both screens are identical graphs. Could be an extended monitor from the laptop.. a 2nd person monitoring at the same time. Laptop on left is a beast (or old).. has a handle.. not a standard laptop. Huge power supply.. so probably a beast of a laptop. Just a computer geek chiming in. : )

More likely it is just a regular laptop. The kind companies like Itronix make.
They label them "rugged laptops" as they are dust and water proof and have a sturdy case to protect them from being dropped but for all intents and purposes they are just a normal every day computer.

I don't think that is a power brick. You don't need insane power for a laptop. And even then, you can increase power units watts without increasing the size.
An example of this would be desktop computers PSU's which are a universal shape and interchangeable, regardless of whether they are 400w or 1000w.

If I had to guess I'd say it some kind of breakout box, hub or adapter. Could be an external GPU, or it could be a hub for multiple monitors, or some specific equipment, e.g could be sending the graphs to the guys screens from whatever equipment is making those graphs. Seems the monitor in the back ground that shows the same display as the laptop doesn't have a laptop or computer visible. So guessing it's a shared display. Either from a direct cable to the laptop or via that black brick.

Sadly all any of us can make are assumptions based on a single grainy photo and not much else.

I mean I have seen more hard core looking tech setups that are simply to stream video games to twitch.
My own home 'office' looks more like NASA command than this guys does and all I do is game, stream and make youtube content. And I'm not even a pro.

Speaking of which....
Then there is the microphone that looks like the type a game streamer or video blogger would use, not some scientific or security type.
So for all we know we could be seeing a photo of someone doing a podcast and those graphs are just something like Audacity (audio editor) or their streaming/podcast software.

This is the one thing that always frustrates me being interested in paranormal types of stuff.
So little evidence given, nothing of substance and yet even the mundane, like a guy sitting in the dark possibly streaming a podcast about Donald Trump or How to cook Possum, can be turned into something major and "proof" something weird is going on and people just run with it and we end up with more 'over active imagination' than "sound theory".

Same goes for the cow pic someone posted. Without any context or evidence. To me it just looks like many animals I have seen first hand that were eaten by dogs.
Now if it was all clean and neat wounds like it had been cut by a laser or that specific parts had been removed. I may think it weird. But all I see is normal life of an outdoors animal and nature.

Personally I think this whole SkinWalker thing is a gimmick. For me them trademarking the name and "cannot confirm or deny" style comments that is great bait for the fanboys and "good old boys" looking security.
I don't care if they say they don't want to exploit it for money.
Because humans say crap like that all the time while they exploit things for money.

Yesterday it's ghosts, today it's inter-dimensional demon portals, tomorrow it's UFO's, next week it will be the drop site for Jesus return.
Never has one area of weird been able to appeal to every single genre.

We need some real proof of something, anything out of the normal on this plot of land or it needs to die in a fire once and for all.
I guess the great thing about having paranormal activity that is always changing and is never the same twice is you don't have to keep the one story straight.

As it goes "I want to believe" But the "experts" in these fields actually make it hard to do so.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think this ranch is a load of hogwash, so lets apply common sense.

-in the calf mutilation photo, that is more than likely the work of nocturnal predators, it has been theorized that predators prey on the young and feeble because their parents can breed, that's why we pick an apple for food and not tear the apple tree out of the ground because of it's renewable sustenance.

-Why Skinwalker Ranch? This Bigelow dude could've bought a property in San Luis Valley-a hotbed of UFO's, cattle mutilations and other tales of high strangeness. Why not purchase a property there? or Why not buy a haunted house in New Orleans-the spookiest city in the country?

-why the security? sure it's fine to have security to protect one's property, but how you bring down a spirit or UFO with an M16? you'd have a better chance of bringing down the Eiffel tower with a sneeze. I'm thinking it's bogus.

-Where is the evidence? when you are doing "research" you get results or you don't. Where are the results? Tangible evidence hasn't showed up and hearsay and eyewitness reports can be believable, it's not infallible.

-why wasn't the government informed or involved? Where are the MiB's? where are the Mulders? If your first words were 'it's a government conspiracy' then go sit in the corner.

I smell a rat-my username comes from a video game called Portal and some "ghost hunters" on a TV show saw that quote written on a wall and attributed it to ghosts, and the gaming community laughed in unison.

I don't know what Beigelow was doing there, but i'm sure there is another side to the story and I think it has something to do with a little thing called $$$.

edit on 11-4-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I think this ranch is a load of hogwash, so lets apply common sense.

-in the calf mutilation photo, that is more than likely the work of nocturnal predators, it has been theorized that predators prey on the young and feeble because their parents can breed, that's why we pick an apple for food and not tear the apple tree out of the ground because of it's renewable sustenance.

predators prey on the young and feeble because they’re easier targets, more assured meals, and less risk to their own health than an adult. Additionally the apple tree itself is not really edible to humans, so your analogy is hilariously terrible

-Why Skinwalker Ranch? This Bigelow dude could've bought a property in San Luis Valley-a hotbed of UFO's, cattle mutilations and other tales of high strangeness. Why not purchase a property there? or Why not buy a haunted house in New Orleans-the spookiest city in the country?

Because this rancher is the same alleged hot bed of all those things?

-why the security? sure it's fine to have security to protect one's property, but how you bring down a spirit or UFO with an M16? you'd have a better chance of bringing down the Eiffel tower with a sneeze. I'm thinking it's bogus.

Theres one or two particular phenomena chronicled at skinwalker ranch that suggests keeping a number of high powered rifles around, if you haven’t read the book on it I suggest doing so

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wish George Knaap would come on here to add his insights. Or maybe Springer could add his thoughts.
edit on 11-4-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Springer said he would... be patient.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

i remenber that too

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

did spriger really go there?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I dunno, he talks to George Knaap a lot so I figured he'd be in the know.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm sure somewhere over the past 6 months Springer has posted about he and George going to the ranch..or SOMEONE did

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Yeah, he said as such on the Bigelow/AATIP thread. He went with Jeremy Corbell and George Knapp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join