It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Pssst... check behind the mop and bucket in the corner...I heard it from the man himself.

Hey Shep, how is the little house on the prairie?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Quote my post to see how it works. This thread explains it and you don't need to change the original photo.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi LightSpeed!

Doing well. Gardens are growing, flowers are blooming, we even have a jalapeno growing. No Carolina Reapers yet though.
The clematis is in full bloom, as are several of the shrubs. Place is starting to look nice, although I've got some painting and birdhouse/fence repair to do.

All in all, it's a nice time on the prairie.

How are things in the Netherlands?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

You grow chilli? Well why didn't you say so? I'll be right over. I think the Carolina Reaper might take me a while to get used to. I get the Madame Jeanette red chilli here. (100,000-350,000 scoville) They are way less spicy than what you grow. There's nothing like a good chilli sweat. It's more efficient than a sauna. You don't need the sauna.
In some ways chilli is like drugs/alcohol. Occasionally some will beg God to bring them back down....
I just cry and smile. Tears of joy.

The Netherlands is just fine. It's full of Dutch people. They are nice mostly, but for some weird reason they don't like chilli very much.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Well, this is the first time we have grown Carolina Reapers, and it's the first time we've actually gardened in this house. So, I have very tempered expectations for our first shot at the Reaper.

We've done jalapenos before, they are pretty easy to get going even up here in Minnesota. Last time I made a quite tasty jalapeno hot sauce the traditional way - chop them up, put them in a jar with a fair amount of salt and watch the brine form. Then they age & ferment for a while, and finally you add the rest of the ingredients and puree. Turned out pretty good for my first shot at it. This time around I think I will try to add a bit more to the sauce - carrots, garlic, onion, perhaps a bit of cumin, and then some roasted and/or smoked peppers of various kinds as well. That should make quite the sauce.

It's funny - like the Netherlands, Minnesota is not exactly known for spicy food either. However, in the Mall of America in Bloomington there is an entire store dedicated to all things hot & spicy. I've had some really delicious sauces from there.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I got all behind by sleeping late.

Gordi, thank you my hero for the resize of my photo! It's perfect!

Light thanks for the link to help, but either it's too early and I'm not awake enough to pay attention, or I'll never quite get it. I'm lazy, so coming in here and asking someone always saves me. LOL

Shep I'm not one for hot peppers. There should be such a thing as a cake or cookie garden.

I ususally have new herbs this time of year, but with all my pain, I have been limited in how many shops I can go to each week. maybe after my increase in pain med and if they do something about the new pain in the leg, I'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: Night Star

Aye, so 'tis, so 'tis. Many thanks to All

To be 23 again...sigh. LOL Hope you are having a great day Little Warrior!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hello everyone! I got all behind by sleeping late.

I'm lazy, so coming in here and asking someone always saves me. LOL

The Dutch have this saying: "Ik ben liever lui dan moe." I'd rather be lazy than tired. Maybe there's a little Dutch in you too.

ETA And it cost me 5 years to find out how to do it. Ahem!.... I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. Obviously.
edit on 7/6/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo n stuff

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

HA! I'm not alone then.

Just picked out the wallpaper for the kitchen and bathroom and paneling for the bedroom. landlord will be reimbursing us for everything. It will be nice when my house is back in order. Mark has been doing ceilings and fixing cracks and stuff in walls and scraping wallpaper off. I have to keep moving stuff around so he doesn't get crap all over everything. It will be gorgeous when he is done though.

The Landlords have owned this building for almost a few years now. I hope they don't raise the rent to where we can't afford to live here anymore. That would freak me out.

I have procrastinated enough so today I shall color my hair and feel perky later.

Behave while I'm gone, or wait until I return to raise hell. LOL

edit on 7-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
...whitenoise....crackle..."Operation Whoopee-Cushion Under Everything is go! I repeat, operation go..."...crackle....whitenoise...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ahaha! Thanks for the warning dude!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hugs for anyone who needs one!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hugs? I'll take a couple...hundred

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Awwww, you have us Hun. Hugs!

Trying to get sleepy enough to actually fall asleep.

edit on 8-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Trying to get sleepy enough to actually fall asleep.

That's easy.

Step one: wake up.

Step two: nap time.

I may be a little biased though.

edit on 8-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Be kind to yourself first mate.

Then resort to humour ! 🤣😎

( always there for pm abuse 👍 )

* Dont all unload at once please. The site is laggy enough as is !

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Hugs to you

as many as you wish.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hi Guys I have re found the shed. I have been here before and purloined some of your amazing uploaded pictures.
I just right click and save image to my pictures for anyone who needs to know I also have a habit of capturing any
image that takes a fancy with the snipping tool, which is on most windows pc's.
support.microsoft.com...

Thought I would add a Horse rescue story.

I was a Firefighter and part of our teams tasks was a variety of rescues one such is worth a mention.

We were called out late one afternoon to attend to a Horse called " Strudel " who had fallen down an old mineshaft.
It was a 45 minutes drive for our team to attend along very green countryside roads. On arrival we were led by a local regular crew
to view the incident. It was already in our minds the the Horse would be in a bad way sideways or even upside down, these old mine workings can be deep and narrow also sometime unstable. On approach we could see as the light was starting to fade a fenced area in a field, a small mound within with an overgrown and mainly nettled and rugged top, the mine shaft entrance here looked to small for a horse to go down. With lighting and peaking over the edge we could see a Seemingly small Horse shuffling nervously a long way down maybe over 40ft how it was on its feet we did not know ? I mean a long way down a narrow mine. A Vet was in attendance and it was being considered to put this poor animal out of his misery, the Vet was not going down there it also seemed to be to narrow and dangerous for our usual 2 man Rescue team ( 2 For safety )
I said I would go down and after much umming and arring it was agreed, I would assess with Radio communications, I also had two syringes as I had convinced the Vet to give me one for euthanasia and one for as a general tranquiliser.
I lowered myself down very slowly and carefully it was a long decent, I initially went in dark as I wanted to get the horse used to my voice before introducing any lighting. The horse was not a small animal it was a regular size, he was actually calmed by my whispering's and so after a while I introduced lighting and examined Strudel , how he was on his feet was a mystery ? A few grazes, a very frightened animal with a little blood over one eye. His legs looked strong in that deep confined space.
A rescue was agreed and the harness equipment was lowered down to me, there was no room for second team member, I used the tranquilizer, strapped up the horse in the way we had trained and I was hauled up and out.. The winches and tripod had been set up, it was fully dark now and our artificial harsh lights lit up the scene. We slowly raised the horse, when ! at about ten feet from the bottom " Snap " Oh No, the poor horse was down again the old harness we had used for multiple easier rescues had chosen this one to fail. We quickly changed our set up, I went back down to reassure strudel and check for any further Injury, what a fright for the horse again. With a top up of tranquilizer and re attachment of a newer sling we tried again. Slowly up came strudel he had to be squeezed up and out and with great care released from the sling and harnessing, the attending Vet was examining and all others around were in awe at this Horse being whole. As horses sometimes do he shook his head throwing the Vet who was examining and others close, off in a panic, up ! this horse got and galloped off into the field with a loud whinny. Amazing indeed, He had been down there for a few hours before our arrival.

www.matlockmercury.co.uk...

Take care Yall..

edit on 8 6 2018 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

You are one of the good guys.

Welcome to the shed ! 😎

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Hi sky,
Welcome home, and thanks for the horse rescue story - that sounded AMAZING!

G

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join