It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

The double post monster has struck again

Ahaha! Cute!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you my friend. Just doing my part to make double posts more interesting one post at a time.
Now about the ice-cream...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

LOL! Stop with the ice cream! Now I want some and there is none in the house. I guess we'll have to have the pixies make us some.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Where all my Oz pals?

edit on 5-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't know. Maybe hanging out with the dragons. Only us night owls here.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Only us night owls here.

Who? Who??

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just a few things I've been up to over the past few weeks or so....

April 8, 2018

Got word earlier that Sunday a northbound coal train was to be leaving Dickinson Yard with a friend of mine as the conductor. This day being no exception to the rule as I was even fighting a sinus infection on top of my allergies most likely will not stop me from doing something unless they are really kicking my butt. Here we see northbound Kanawha River Railroad coal train KN39 rolls past the West Virginia State Capitol Complex begin to slow down for the sharp curve just about two miles from here as they roll through Charleston, West Virginia.

April 19, 2018
Went out with my dad on this day when we saw that the Big Eagle Railroad was nearly finished loading this train. With the last two or three cars being loaded back at the load out. A Big Eagle railroad coal train prepares to make a run toward the mouth of Winifrede with a string of loads.

Rolling through cut of trees on its way back out of the hollow with the sweet drone of ElectroMotive products filling the hills and hollows. A pair of GMTX GP38-2 locomotives bring their cut of loaded hoppers back out of Winifrede Hollow.

With less than a mile to go before getting back to the interchange with CSX Transportation at Winifrede Junction. A crew from Appalachian Rail Services bring the last cut of loaded cars out through several residents' front yards.

April 30th, 2018
This next one is just the epitome of how my luck goes when I'm out railfanning most of the time. Honestly, I had no heads up on this one or any information about this train. Just happened to listening to my friend's radio feed on my tablet when I heard, "W943-29 CREX 1338, east on one, clear all the way through Saint Albans!" So after picking my jaw up and picking the asphalt out of my bottom row of teeth. CREX 1338 rolls east through Marmet, West Virginia with a loaded ammonia train in tow.

May 1st, 2018
To continue on with the oddities of the week so far. Found this fire truck setting at my town's fire station taking on fuel at the county pumps. After doing quite a bit of digging around on both Google and that thing called Facebook. Come to find out that this truck was from the Mount Freedom Fire Company of Randolph Township, New Jersey. Why they stopped here or how they got one of the cards that works the fuel pumps is beyond me.

May 2nd, 2018
For the past few months, CSX has been running some 200+ car coal trains through here with mid train power. I just hadn't really seen many of them running through here in the daytime until this day. CSXT 3216 leads one of these trains east through town.

About two minutes later...

May 9th, 2018
As a cluster*insert word I can't say here* of trains were creating all around general havoc for the second shift dispatcher this day. Heading back towards the yard at South Charleston, West Virginia with just an hour or two left to work. One of those trains, thee F012-09 work train, comes west into town with a slug set, a caboose, a Jordan Spreader, two side dumps, an excavator, and a few ballast hoppers.

May 12th, 2018
With the recent addition of a Russell, Kentucky to Richmond, Virginia and vice versa road switcher to the list of trains through my area. The two daily manifests, Q302 and Q303, no longer have to stop to work any yard between Russell, Kentucky and Richmond, Virginia with the exception of a crew change at Clifton Forge each way. CSXT 8536 leads Q302-12 east through Marmet, West Virginia on this day with a hefty train in tow.

May 14th, 2018
Another day, another manifest, and another SD50 leading the way to Richmond and eventually Hamlet, North Carolina. CSX 8609 leads eastbound time freight Q302-14 east along the Kanawha Subdivision at Marmet, West Virginia.

Always neat to see some refrigerated box cars come through even if they are covered in graffiti...

May 17th, 2018
This is the train that two over the switching assignments for Q302 between Russell, Kentucky and Richmond, Virginia. Eastbound road switcher H750-17 rolls east towards its next stop at Qunnimont on the New River with CSXT GP40-2 #6002 showing the way as it passes through Marmet, West Virginia.

Shot the very next one you'll see the Saturday before last... Got a heads up a the Thursday before this that an eastbound sulfur train was heading towards Russell with a trio of Canadian National locomotives showing the way. Seeing as to how these trains don't really run that much. I was figuring that the power would get swapped out at either Columbus, Ohio or Russell, Kentucky for your normal ass CSX junk for the rest of the trip to Lee Creek, North Carolina. So I decided to to venture out that Saturday to test my luck again and needless to say I caught me some locomotive style Canadian bacon! Canadian National 2597 leads K898-24 east through Marmet, West Virginia as it headed for a crew change at Hinton, West Virginia.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This very last shot is one from this past Friday morning and I may be glad that I got it one day in the not too distant future. Lately, CSX has been sending off older General Electric C40-8 wide cab locomotives back to General Electric or selling them to leasing companies. Here we see two of these future leasing locomotives coming through town. Thundering towards a crew change at Smith Creek Yard in beautiful, downtown Clifton Forge, Virginia. CSXT CW40-8 #7901 leads CSXT CW40-8 #7801 east as they bring Q302-01 through town.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

It's always nice to come in here on nights that I can't sleep to find pictures of my first love (trains) here to see. I enjoy the pay by pay dialog that comes with your pictures too.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi!

Having some afternoon coffee here.

The weather has been a bit colder last few days and it feels good. Only 12c or 53f outside now, and now i will start to warm up the sauna. I moved to this place 3 years ago, and at first, i was enthusiastic about the sauna, i didn't have one in my former apartment. So i was in the sauna 3-5 times a week. Now i think i was 2 or 3 times in the whole may, but it was a record breaking hot month anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Night Star

Only us night owls here.

Who? Who??

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Nice to see you Chooch! Have you ever looked into selling your photos or making a book of them?

Hope your sinuses aren't kicking your butt and you are able to get out and see more.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Blue and Fin, sorry I missed you guys last night!

This is zombie Night Star just sipping her first cup of coffee. If you will all excuse me, I will attempt to wake up now.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Blue Zombie reporting for duty -

As a brain is a terrible thing to have sometimes, mine showed proof of that when I attempted the task called sleeping last night.

A random thought popped into my mind as I attempted to sleep. Whatever happened to the Chevy that I owned about 10 plus years ago. It was nothing fancy, a Caviler or such with the personality of a rock. I don't recall if I traded it in or outright sold it privately. Like some other belongings, it just vanished whereabouts unknown.

Thanks to my wife's driving habits I went through several cars around that time so it's of no concern to me where it now is. I'll get by. Perhaps my lost belt will keep me up all night tonight.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A Chevy you say? Did your wife drive like this...?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hello Blue Zombie and Light! LOL

I have insomnia too. It's like my mind needs an off button. I will try and focus on lovely thoughts and then they just wander off here there and everywhere. Sheesh!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Spirit Cat card Reading

Connection

The spirit cats remind us that we are not alone. We are a web of connections. Our attitudes, actions, and energy ripple outward and touch people in ways seen and unseen. No single action stands alone. Each action, idea, and feeling is born out of countless influences, and in turn, has its own unique affect. We see this most clearly and dramatically in our innermost. circle. But this also extends outward to humanity, the earth, and the universe. Our consciousness dances together: challenging, uplifting, teaching, learning, questioning, reassuring, inspiring, and loving.

edit on 6-6-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
That's not quite what her driving style was.
She had an issue with lanes. After all all the white and yellow markings on the street are there just to make them look prettier?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

LOL!

Hiya Blue! How are you today?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thanks Blue!

Usually I don't put as long a write ups with them but where I haven't really been on much. I decided to put a longer commentary or narration with them. It's been really nice here the last few days so I've been trying to get out more often.

a reply to: Night Star

Lorri!!

I've actually been thinking about doing the calendar thing here recently. It has been in the back of my mind but I just haven't really found the time to do it. As for the sinuses, I had a bad bout with my sinuses around the first of April. Other than that, they haven't really been bothering me.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join