It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Absurdity of the Pope's Declaration Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So I was going through Facebook and ran across an article. It is a few years old but it got me chuckling. Here is the article:

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'Who are we to close doors?'

Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.

Obviously the Pope was probably talking tongue in cheek and not really serious or thinking such a thing would ever happen, but even suggesting such a thing is absurd and shows the Pope's gross lack of understanding of scripture and why baptism is necessary.

Firstly, before Jesus came to earth no baptism was performed in the Bible except for that of John the baptizer. And that was more of just a person acknowledging their sins. The real baptism is only undertook by a true Christian. It symbolizes their faith in Jesus ransom sacrifice for our sins and their declaration to serve Jehovah and do his will.

No where in the Bible does it state that Jesus gave his life for any other people outside the earth. Nor does it state that his death covers the sins of the angels either. It teaches that since humankind was born into sin because of Adan's sin, who was created perfect and lost that perfection by sinning, and thus passed sin onto all mankind, Jehovah God has kindly allowed, out of his great mercy and undeserved kindness, a way to bring all mankind back to perfection.

The fact that Jesus came to earth to save humanity is taught in the Bible. And baptism is a prerequisite for salvation. But IF a martian, as he put it, exists and came to earth, what would make a human so presumptuous to think that the space alien needed redemption? And why would they take it upon themselves to think that Jesus' shed blood would cover their sins if somehow they did sin? If some space alien sinned and God saw fit to redeem them as he has saw fit to redeem us, would he not do so?

I realize that the Pope doesn't probably believe in space aliens (especially martians) and was just probably trying to be cordial and politically correct. But his answer does betray a gross lack of understanding of basic Bible teachings.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

Where in the Bible does it say not to recruit beings from other planets????

Plus, I’m pretty sure the pope out ranks you lol..

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Imho this pope is basically the best chance catholasism has of surviving the Information Age..

Well, surviving as the earths dominant religion at least..

ALL western Christian churches are losing recruits hand over fist, year after year.

I don’t know if catholasism could survive many more grumpy and crusty old men angry about the gays and the Jews... or whatever other gel fire and brimstone nonsense one might be spouting this week..

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Where in the Bible does it say not to recruit beings from other planets????

Plus, I’m pretty sure the pope out ranks you lol..

Both statements are utterly beside the point. The Bible does teach that Jesus' shed blood covers the the sins of the descendants of Adam. And it does teach baptism as a prerequisite for salvation, after one has exercised faith in that shed blood. Nowhere does the Bible extend the redemption of that shed blood beyond humankind:

"“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." - John 3:16.

Notice it says God loved the "world" that would obviously be of mankind, or humankind. It doesn't say "worlds" as in more than one world. And no where does the word world in the Bible include anything other than humankind.

"But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death. 21 For since death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man. 22 For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:20-22.

Notice that it shows that death came through a man (Adam) and just as in Adam all sin and die, so all will be made alive by Christ. Nowhere does it state all aliens, or all worlds. This refers directly and only to decedents of Adam.

In the Bible we are taught other intelligent creatures other than humans have sinned, such as the angels of heaven. Nowhere does the Bible state that angels need baptisim either, and no where does it state that Jesus' ransom sacrifice covers the sins of the angels. Which it does not. The angels were created with perfection and righteousness imputed unto themselves, and lost it of their own accord, the ones that sinned. There is no ransom for such a course. We have the ransom because we were not created perfect but born in imperfection as sons of Adam.

The 'rank' of Pope (spiritual Father) which is a Satanic title and one that flaunts Jesus in the face is irrelevant:

"Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One." - Matthew 23:9.
edit on 8-4-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reading the article make me roll my eyes and amuse at the same time.

I think the pope is getting too old already. No offence to the Pope. I'm not sure where he get the idea that Aliens can be justified the same ways as Adam. But yeah, it's a noble sarcastic welcome even it is biblically useless.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Doesn't heaven have to honor what the pope says?

I'm basing this on the movie Dogma so it might not be accurate.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The pope is the public head of the most evil, secretive, and Luciferian order on this Earth. The Jesuit Order.
Your reality is a lie.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just the Pope's way of claiming dominion over aliens in advance so nobody else can stake a claim.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That would be awkward if it was the aliens from 'Signs.'
The ones who were stupid enough to invade Earth even though water dissolves them like fluorosulfuric acid.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

you do know that Baptism is usually meaning In the WORD of God not literally most of the time correct?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote
The pope is the public head of the most evil, secretive, and Luciferian order on this Earth. The Jesuit Order.
Your reality is a lie.

No thats the catholic church.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The “decendants of Adam” comment is a fair point for why humans might be favored, but it doesn’t explain why another species wouldn’t be allowed..

The Bible makes no comment on the thought of aliens for it against

For all we know god could play out the whole “son of god dies for sins” on every planet with life..

Hell assuming one believes in Christianity, wouldn’t it make way more sense that he gives them laws. If they don’t follow those laws he sends a “son” to straighten them out..

And all if that is assuming it’s all real.. if it is all either fake or edited to death. Then it’s all rubbish. ..

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

That's a very Roman Catholic theology there Josh
Wouldn't call it scriptual

The pope is no closer to God than you or I

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
why would an alien want to be baptized?

the Pope's bathwater means nothing to me
I imagine it would mean even less to an ET

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yea RedLetter, baby......the pope said that two weeks after they announced the official view of the church that Aliens are a possibility according to their head astronomer.....using the l.u.c.i.f.e.r. observatory

aqs if he saw or discovered something new....but didn't expound
edit on 9-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So if there are aliens out there, God didn't create them? If not, was it evolution?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its theorized that babtisms were done with opium and cannabis based on findings of large vases with residue inside in that region.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

According to you..

According to the majority of the worlds Christians though he is..

It is just amazing how EVERYONE involved in Christianity has a different view of religion, yet EVERYONE of them is just sure they know better than everyone else.. lol

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Raggedyman

According to you..

According to the majority of the worlds Christians though he is..

It is just amazing how EVERYONE involved in Christianity has a different view of religion, yet EVERYONE of them is just sure they know better than everyone else.. lol

Even more amazing is people like you who doesn't seem to be a Christian knows seemingly more than me, absurd or what
A non Christian preaching Christianity, Josh, you are aware of what you are doing arnt you?

Tell me, where in the bible are Christians told that God loves the pope and considers the pope better than anyone else in the church,,care to back up your non faith with more than your beliefs, beliefs you were told by, who knows who told you.
Hope nobody doesn't tell you the earths flat, it's not flat you know, don't believe everything you hear Josh
It's scary what you want to believe, almost needy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join