It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war inevitably

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
At this time does anyone else see a second american civil war happening? Im an outsider looking in. obviously the condirions are a little diffrent, except there is now diffrent conditions. The gun debate, police being oit of control, the government literally imploding. Country pretty much split but not south and north but in general population opinion.

So my opinion is i believe the xonditions are ripe, but will it happen? I dont know. What's your thoughts?

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't see it happening any time in the foreseeable future. If it were to happen, though, the unarmed, [SNIP] liberals wouldn't last more than a day.

edit on 4/8/2018 by eriktheawful because: Removed vulgar word

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Nope people are all talk and lazy. They talk about purges etc while getting fat sat behind a keyboard.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance
Well that is a odd and very untrue to say. I would say I lean more left but in no way would say that ANY right or left is getting on my property without properly knowing how to and when to use any weapon. I and most people I know are either far left or slightly left and VERY well armed and most ex military. I personally am very good with my knifes(throwing) and my bow and crossbow and all my guns. But thanks for calling me a cat. I actually have three, also some chickens and a great pyrenees that is fully trained. Oh and MAGA lol. And I like the Alex Gray artwork you got there. Truly I love his work.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

No.

I foresee more tantrums, not war.

A war between the guns and the gun-nots would be the shortest war ever.

edit on 8-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I think if a series of powerful record breaking earthquakes knocked out power for 75% of the nation it would only be a matter of weeks possibly months, assuming the earthquakes had caused such damage that it wasn't foreseeable for it to be fixed any sooner than a few months minimum. Many people would freak out in such a scenario,I have no fear no matter what for the Lord my God is with me.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It will be a Darwinism civil war. One side has guns, the other side will have signs, signs that are gender neautral, non offensive to all religions(except Christianity), race neutral. With a deverse leadership, that doesn’t have toxic masculinity,

On the plus side, all the people with signs gone, the carbon footprint will be less offensive to Mother Earth

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The gun debate is manufactured.
The police and government will not start a civil war.
We actually like each other.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

That's media hysterics working against your psyche. You've been tainted by the man. The majority of the stuff on the news is scripted bullsh!t. The hysteria it creates makes people think that a civil war is a possibility.

Get real... Americans have it d!cked and there currently is no immediate danger which is why they gotta throw grease on every tiny little fire they find to create drama and entertainment. They want you to believe you live in a world of chaos. Turn off the TV. Seriously... turn off as many screens as you can. You will be a healthier individual.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't see it happening any time in the foreseeable future. If it were to happen, though, the unarmed, [SNIP] liberals wouldn't last more than a day.

Or they come together and pay a private army and "you people" would never come close their houses, if you're stupid enough to try, dead.
edit on 4/8/2018 by eriktheawful because: Removed vulgar word

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What private army?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A civil war would be 'We The People' vs the NWO.

That is the real and only threat.

That war is happening right now. You will know the outcome quite soon.

P

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

In short, no. The previous civil war involved the secession of an entire coalition of states (like the equivalent of Canadian provinces). I guess it would be the equivalent of the Yukon, British Colombia, Alberta, and Northwest Territories provinces deciding they'd simultaneously rebel against Canada and form a new country. There's no equivalent of that today in the US, especially not in regard to the specific issues you mentioned.

Will there continue to be protests? Of course. The right wing protests when the left wing gains power at the national level, just like how the left wing protests when the right wing gains power at the national level. But there won't be anything resembling a civil war since that would require defined "sides" and some mechanism to measure "success".

And what would "success" be in a new American civil war, the left wing or right wing completely killing or capturing all of the members of the opposing political "side"? Specific states kicking out all residents that don't agree with their dominant political parties? It couldn't be something as unifying as "the people vs the govt" since we have thousands of different governments at the city, county, state, and federal levels; and they don't agree with each other, either.

Now I could see a civil war if Trump and the national Republican party tried to abolish the Constitution and make him King. But as it stands, we can just vote him out of office in 2 and a half years OR vote for Democratic majorities in both Chambers of Congress this November.

I'm just having a hard time seeing an actual civil war happening here. Too many people have debt and bills, and it's naive to think landlords or creditors give a crap about the people's desire for revolution lol. Even if some group tried to push for a new civil war this very minute, they'd have until Monday morning to "win" it. Because people still have work to go to, prescriptions to pick up, kids to take to daycare, bills to pay, etc lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't see it happening any time in the foreseeable future. If it were to happen, though, the unarmed, pussy liberals wouldn't last more than a day.

Or they come together and pay a private army and "you people" would never come close their houses, if you're stupid enough to try, dead.

The type of people available to hire who could make up a "private army" hate the leftist liberal elites.
It would be hilarious.

But no, there will be no civil war.
The leftists couldn't even be bothered to go out and vote against their "literally Hitler" and you think they could organize any kind of coordinated armed force? No, they'll be too busy posting on social media about how offended they are how they just can't even.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Any civil war in the foreseeable future will be between the haves and the have-nots. The middle class has all but evaporated and the rich are just getting richer. Won't even be about guns, races, territories or immigration. Those will play some part but, nah, it's about the loss of the original American lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The only way I see a civil war happening is if a radical political faction came to power and tried to drastically change the American system of government. I have far left friends and far right friends, and both groups have plenty of firepower. However, I do not see any extreme faction getting enough support to truly make any difference.

The biggest political wedges are driven between urban and rural folk, and we need each other to survive economically. I guess the biggest threat comes down to wealthy, influencial people being able to steer the country against it's own best interests. But that turning into an actual war is not likely to happen any time soon. Americans are too comfortable and complacent. The realities of war fought on US soil would hit hard and fast, and I think it'd have us coming to the table to end it as soon as it started.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Civil war.
"Pardon me sir. Would you mind if I shoot you?"
"Not at all, sir."

edit on 8-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Couple of A10's, F18's to follow and a B2 to mop up.

Civil war over.

No chance.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Civil Wars are played out in the theater of politics now adays in the west

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

No.

I foresee more tantrums, not war.

This was my thinking as well. There will always be that fine line between normality and choas. It would take something pretty bad for the people to rise up and start a civil war.

There seems to be a definate change in the air over the last few years though. People want to make change happen for the better, but are in two minds how to go about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join