It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil war inevitably

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

You stop too. There is no reason to even entertain such absurd ideas.
We're AMERICANS for crying out loud. We lead the world. We are not the nation we were in the 1860s. Two world wars have made sure of that. I do not see our country repeating that over party lines. We will just continue to snip about the government like we always do.
Unless there is some severe economic crisis which I also do not see coming we are not headed for civil war.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Any civil war in the foreseeable future will be between the haves and the have-nots

Yes that is the most likely scenario. Or if one of the states with two opposed political regions (Like Washington) were to have a war or rebellion start maybe people from other states would join in.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Nope. Not gonna happen. Revolt? Insurrection? Uprising? Yeah, maybe... But an us against them is unlikely...

I personally know of dozens of Police, Er Response members, Guard etc.. who would turn on their superiors if it involved their families and the government.

'Never talked to an Officer who would follow orders leading to that. In fact?

More of them would switch sides then go after family, friends and neighbors.
edit on 8-4-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
No, there may be some on both sides that want to but I do not believe the majority of people want to start shooting their neighbors.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

How’s that cat bite doing?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

No

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No war will be fought between brothers on American soil. Perhaps a skirmish when we decide to really deport the illegals and make the gangs stop killing each other and any bystandard thats in the way. Most of what you see in the new is untrue spins that they hope is working. Truth is right or left everyone knows the media outlets have gone bat manure crazy. Racism no longer exists except for those who want to create it for personal gain.

Now if you asked if there was going to be a coup de tat on our government ide say it becomes a bigger reality every day. The swamp stinks to high heaven and the average American is tired of it. Congress cannot maintain a below 20 % approval rating for decades and expect the masses to remain complacent.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar
It is better and thanks for asking. The doctor put me on some weird pills that made me sick as a dog and REALLY loopy. So I stayed off here till the effects were wearing off. I actually made a goofy thread that made no sense at all and asked nicely to have it removed and they graciously did it for me.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Hoping for a quick recovery for you

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Pretty much yeah.

It'll happen.

The folks against the Constitution and Bill of Rights are getting more vocal and aggressive.

So yeah.

Civil war.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
it might seem like civil war is close but the younger generation is much larger and much more conservative and moderate than the generation pushing this extremist nonsense, when they take over in the late 2020's things will start to calm down.

what we are seeing today is the combination of an extremist generation, a social revolution created by revolutionary technology and people learning to adapt to it, we don't get it yet and think with an outdated mindset that can't adapt fast enough, we didn't grow up with this technology after all.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Yes we are but this idea of such a thing happening could happen. And make for one cool movie.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We lead the world.

Are you sure about that statement?

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

We lead the world.

Are you sure about that statement?

Kindest respects

Lags

We lead the world in tide-pod eating, condom-snorting, school-shootings, entitlement-minded bullpoop.

We're #1!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
At this time does anyone else see a second american civil war happening? Im an outsider looking in. obviously the condirions are a little diffrent, except there is now diffrent conditions. The gun debate, police being oit of control, the government literally imploding. Country pretty much split but not south and north but in general population opinion.

So my opinion is i believe the xonditions are ripe, but will it happen? I dont know. What's your thoughts?

the gun debate will run its course and nothing will come of it legislative speaking. gun manufacturers will profit, ammo manufacturers will profit, firearm accessory manufacturers will profit.

the police are not out of control. a handful of incidents blown way out of proportion by the media and special interest groups are pushing this false narrative that the "man" is out to get the minority. it just isn't true. most people understand this.

i am not a fan of our current president. i did not vote for him. but i don't see this current administration imploding. this administration does policy a little different than those from the past, it doesn't necessarily mean they are doing a bad job.

i believe we are heading to an internal conflict in the united states but not for the reasons you posted here.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
In short, no. The previous civil war involved the secession of an entire coalition of states (like the equivalent of Canadian provinces). I guess it would be the equivalent of the Yukon, British Colombia, Alberta, and Northwest Territories provinces deciding they'd simultaneously rebel against Canada and form a new country. There's no equivalent of that today in the US, especially not in regard to the specific issues you mentioned.

Will there continue to be protests? Of course. The right wing protests when the left wing gains power at the national level, just like how the left wing protests when the right wing gains power at the national level. But there won't be anything resembling a civil war since that would require defined "sides" and some mechanism to measure "success".

And what would "success" be in a new American civil war, the left wing or right wing completely killing or capturing all of the members of the opposing political "side"? Specific states kicking out all residents that don't agree with their dominant political parties? It couldn't be something as unifying as "the people vs the govt" since we have thousands of different governments at the city, county, state, and federal levels; and they don't agree with each other, either.

Now I could see a civil war if Trump and the national Republican party tried to abolish the Constitution and make him King. But as it stands, we can just vote him out of office in 2 and a half years OR vote for Democratic majorities in both Chambers of Congress this November.

I'm just having a hard time seeing an actual civil war happening here. Too many people have debt and bills, and it's naive to think landlords or creditors give a crap about the people's desire for revolution lol. Even if some group tried to push for a new civil war this very minute, they'd have until Monday morning to "win" it. Because people still have work to go to, prescriptions to pick up, kids to take to daycare, bills to pay, etc lol.

That's not the form a civil war would take in the US. If it ever happens, it would take the form of independent cells conducting terrorist attacks aimed at causing expense to their communities. Infrastructure attacks, cyber attacks, serial killings, caltrops on roads, truck hijackings, arson, and so on. The sorts of things that people have a reasonable shot at getting away with.
edit on 8-4-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Stop.
Are you going to take up arms against your neighbors over ideology?
Think. The guy next door who you've shared a beer on the front porch with. The lady who waves to you and your kids when you drive past her house.
Your kids teacher, or your dentist or the man who loads the milk at the grocery store.

No we are not headed for another civil war.

Then stop denigrating people who don't think like you.

They happen to be:

1. That guy next door.
2. That lady who waves to you and your kids.
3. The teacher.
4. The dentist.
5. The man who loads milk.

If they could see all the things you say here and how you really think of them because of how they might think and believe, what do you think they'd say or do about it?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If they could see all the things you say here and how you really think of them because of how they might think and believe, what do you think they'd say or do about it?

I think that for all of peoples bluster, we don't have any politicians in the US that people are so devoted to they would die for. In any significant numbers at least.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I don't see that happening, either. Or if so, not on a large enough scale to call it a "civil war".

If they're really "independent cells" as you put it, then how would that be different from the current lone wolf crimes and attacks launched by members of hate groups, organized crime, and terrorist cells? Maybe that would represent a change in tactics, but their effects would be the same as our country's current mass shootings, arsons, abductions, etc.

And if they're not "independent" and are actually following a specific plan, then who are the "sides" doing the fighting? And what's the supposed goal? RaHoWa ("racial holy war"), the wet dream of radical white supremacist groups here? If it's less than 0.1% of the country's population doing the fighting, then is it really a civil war? You should probably look at America's yearly stats for arsons, abductions, property crimes, cyber crimes, etc to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Simply judging by the numbers, we're likely already living in your example yet it's not a civil war.

Even if a gang/organized crime group with 1,000 members declared a civil war against the US govt right now, their number of abductions would be dwarfed by the hundreds of thousands of abductions that are caused every year by "normal" citizens. And according to the NFPA ( HERE), there are around 50,000 arsons a year. And there are already more than 60,000 murders and "suicides" every year here. etc etc

In other words, it's already pretty screwed up here. For the US's situation to be seen and treated as a civil war, it's going to have to be much bigger than what you mentioned and there are going to have to be some established "sides". Otherwise, it's just crime.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The main difference is one of scale. I don't think the scenario I mentioned is particularly likely either, only that it's the way a civil war would actually take shape today. Gone are the days of milita camps and armies vs armies. It wouldn't even be guereilla warfare.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join