It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Senate Threatens to Stop Helping U.S. Against Drug Cartels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The infinite wisdom of the Mexican Government is showing again.

Now the Senate there passed a "resolution" that wants to end cooperation with the U.S. fighting drug cartels, and to stop cooperation with the U.S. on immigration problems !!

Well aren't they snappy.

Mexico is on the eve of destruction as their Presidential election nears, and their "Senate" is nervous about losing profits !!

They don't like Trump too much I suspect. Wonder why?

Mexican Senate Threatens to Stop Helping U.S. Against Drug Cartels If Trump Deploys Troops to Border

The Mexican Senate passed a resolution seeking an end to bilateral cooperation with the U.S. against drug cartels and immigration problems after President Trump ordered National Guard troops to the border.

The resolution was passed in a unanimous fashion and sent to the White House, Members of the U.S. Congress, and Mexico’s Foreign Relations Officer, El Universal reported.

“Despite everything that is at stake in the relationship between our two countries, the way in which President Donald Trump has behaved is, for the Mexican people, unacceptable and intolerable,” El Universal quoted from the document.

edit on Apr-05-2018 by xuenchen because: 👽

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Mexico has been releasing drug addicts and prisoners and directing them to the US. They call that helping? I hope they stop "helping" us immediately!
edit on 4/5/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"and Mexico is going to pay for it"

I guess this is the Mexican government finally showing the world that IT IS THE DRUG CARTELS.

Everybody knows it, now at least we can see why the southern border is so retardedly important to them - it's the Mexican governments main source of criminal income, plus they get rid of their scum onto US streets at the same time.

Glad the troops are being sent there - bout time the US stopped pussy-footing around and whacked them hard.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Let this sink in.

Its not us helping them. No...the cartels aren't a problem for the Mexican government. Its them helping US deal with THEIR problem with organized crime.

Let that sink in for a minute.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well their Senate just got a raise. Cartels will be happy to be sure, not to mention the neocon/narco/CIA faction here in the states.

If Mexico wasn't so corrupt they could do some great things for their country and citizens. They're hanging everything on sustaining NAFTA. Oh well, maybe they could appoint another emperor and see how that pans out again. (rolling my eyes here...)
edit on E30America/ChicagoThu, 05 Apr 2018 16:14:14 -05004pmThursdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think too many have been on the take too long to have helped much. Realistically they may helped to curb violence along the border and around tourist destinations, but that is just as much for their benefit as anyone else's. People unfamiliar seeing too much leaves too much to be explained. Honestly I assume their characterization of help was them assisting the drug traffickers for a more covert affair, in other words 'diplomacy' in action.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
F'em. Cut off ALL monies and assistance to Mexico and build the wall guarded by the military. Last 10 years averaged about 350 million a year in aid for programs. Mexico guards their border with the military so why not us?

According to the U. S. Agency for International Development, roughly a dozen agencies directed roughly $1.6 billion overall in aid to Mexico from 2011 to 2015, the most recent year for which complete data is available. The State Department, Defense Department and USAID provided the largest amounts, accounting for 95% of the $338 million in aid in 2015. The remainder included much smaller slivers from the departments of Energy, Labor, Interior, and Health and Human Services, and the Peace Corps, among others.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Let this sink in.

Its not us helping them. No...the cartels aren't a problem for the Mexican government. Its them helping US deal with THEIR problem with organized crime.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Technically the Cartels own the Mexican government, so no surprise there....

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
F'em. Cut off ALL monies and assistance to Mexico and build the wall guarded by the military. Last 10 years averaged about 350 million a year in aid for programs. Mexico guards their border with the military so why not us?

According to the U. S. Agency for International Development, roughly a dozen agencies directed roughly $1.6 billion overall in aid to Mexico from 2011 to 2015, the most recent year for which complete data is available. The State Department, Defense Department and USAID provided the largest amounts, accounting for 95% of the $338 million in aid in 2015. The remainder included much smaller slivers from the departments of Energy, Labor, Interior, and Health and Human Services, and the Peace Corps, among others.

www.usatoday.com...

Now that's just racist bigotry right there. Why would you try to take away the rights of all those undocumented Democratic voters to the south?

/sarcasm

edit on 5-4-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's a nonbinding resolution that has no effect on policy. Basically just a way for Mexican politicians to express their upset with Trump. The Mexican government already put out a statement saying they'd maintain close contact with the DHS.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Seems to me like they should be going after the drug cartels for themselves, and not worrying about doing it for the U.S. But police corruption there is so rampant they need the drug cartels (and the money brought back by the illegal immigrants) to prop up the economy.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's their problem too.

What an idiotic thing to threaten, unless they're on the take, which is extremely likely.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Seems to me like they should be going after the drug cartels for themselves, and not worrying about doing it for the U.S. But police corruption there is so rampant they need the drug cartels (and the money brought back by the illegal immigrants) to prop up the economy.

Are you really naive enough to think that corruption and complicity are less north of the border?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Are you really naive enough to think that corruption and complicity are less north of the border?

Where did I say that?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
1. That Banana Republic is run by cartels.
2. They haven't really done anything in the first place.
3. They haven't done anything in reducing their citizens from illegally crossing in the U.S.
4. Probably to help the drug mules so they (Mexican Senators) can stay funded.
5. The Mexican federally and military have actually targeted and fired on our border police. More than once.

Their "threat", is not a threat. It's like that lazy guy at work, when he "calls in sick". They won't be missed.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I found all this ridiculous and retarded, isn't the CIA involved in drug trade since ages ago? They have destroyed countries just to get money out of drugs and into other 'projects' so to speak, then they also 'help' that country?

The US is helping the country while destroying it by giving arms and money to drug cartels, how does that even makes sense?

Best solution would be to stop meddling in other countries affairs, then maybe this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

The US is helping the country while destroying it by giving arms and money to drug cartels, how does that even makes sense?

Most of the weapons that cartels have are not from an American source, but from the armories of the Mexican military.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Most of the weapons that cartels have are not from an American source, but from the armories of the Mexican military.

Ahh...now it makes sense. By "helping" us, they are acting as delivery mules for our arms into cartel hands.

It makes so much more sense.

LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Mexico's government can do whatever they want with their country. We must keep going forward and recovering. I don't know how Mexico helped U. S. officially and intentionally ever. I see how we historically used them.
edit on 5-4-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

if you really believe that (and i do too btw) then you should be full on for Trump because he has an established history in his private life of calling on the US gov to end its interventionist policies, promising he would do this if he was ever president, and now that he IS president this is exactly what he is doing, look at Syria.

the fact is meddling with other countries is what EVERY SINGLE world power has ALWAYS done. Read your history. Alexander the Great, the Roman empire....., the Turkish empire, Spain, Portugal, England, the Dutch....and later America. See a pattern? I know i do. This is the way things were ALWAYS done, and still are, only now we often use more subtle methods but if you look at what Obama and Clinton did to Libya and later Syria its very clear that taking over other nations is still quite en vogue.

If you want the US out of other countries you have no other choice than to support Trump. He wants us out of those entanglements and he is the ONLY one who both wants that AND has the power to make it happen.

I noticed Tulsi Gabbard, who caught alot of flack for going to Syria and being loud and proud about wanting us out of there didnt give any credit so far to Trump (at least not that ive seen) for his decision to de escalate in Syria and ultimately to get out completely. This would have NEVER happened under any other Admin....guaranteed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join