It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Senate Threatens to Stop Helping U.S. Against Drug Cartels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Mr.Trump doesn't take kindly to threats.Im sure there will be a responding tweet today.
Also I think the Mexican senate should smoke less of their product .

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's a laugh!

Mexico is going to stop aiding the US in combating CIA sponsored narco-terrorists? Its about time Mexico pulled out of that charade in the first place, if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Mexican official arrested for drug trafficking

Yeah they really can help control the cartels right? It's not a secret that the cartels pretty much run Mexico. Most of their police are either on the take, or ignore it, stay out of the areas they aren't welcome. Their politicians are no better and neither are some of ours.

If Mexico wants to put on airs, that's their problem at that point and can rot with the cartels. Tired of hearing them act like they can do ever so much when they are a major part of the problem. If either them or OUR bunch of crooks in the various alphabet soup agencies wanted the problem solved, it would have been solved a long time ago. Instead both sides have enflamed it and make it worse because it generates money, and a lot of it.

Strip away NAFTA immediatley, and they'll maybe try to actually fix their side of the issue but I doubt it. In the mean time we have our own to worry about and plenty of places to patch to right our own ship.

Edit: If they want help all they have to do is ASK.. Politely. Not demand. No political stunts like they just did with helping navigate that group through mexico to the border. Drop the nonsense already.

To be fair I'm sure with the vacuum created when one leader / group is outed / destroyed they end up being extorted and manipulated. We have to deal with that ourselves in our own country as well, and we've paid in blood just the same. We've been willing to help in the past and I'm sure if they were more polite and willing to actually work together in a truly mutually beneficial manner we'd help more but the demands have to stop.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Pseudosyntax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pseudosyntax

Anyone would think that you have not accepted that the drug war only has one origin, that is the United States of America, and that the only things that can be done to combat the epidemic of drug use amongst citizens there, revolve around the cessation of prohibition and the leashing of the intelligence agencies, so that they can no longer operate control over various narco-terror related organisations south of the US/Mexico border.

You have every right to be of a different opinion, but you have no right to your own reality. Reality is as it is, and will remain so whether you believe in it or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Their politicians are no better and neither are some of ours.

If either them or OUR bunch of crooks in the various alphabet soup agencies wanted the problem solved, it would have been solved a long time ago. Instead both sides have enflamed it and make it worse because it generates money, and a lot of it.

I think maybe you missed my point. I accept that the US has involvement in and/or creation of said issue. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the fake outrage of their gov when they don't do enough to root out corruption within their own ranks. I would rather it was not the case for either side.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Anyone would think that you have not accepted that the drug war only has one origin, that is the United States of America, and that the only things that can be done to combat the epidemic of drug use amongst citizens there, revolve around the cessation of prohibition and the leashing of the intelligence agencies, so that they can no longer operate control over various narco-terror related organisations south of the US/Mexico border.

You have every right to be of a different opinion, but you have no right to your own reality. Reality is as it is, and will remain so whether you believe in it or not.

The best way to combat this issue is to legalize drugs.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

They cannot do enough to root out corruption within their ranks, because their ranks are penetrated by proxy agents for the United States of America.

Mexico spends 580 million dollars annually on its CISEN, its intelligence agency. The US has an annual spend for its CIA of 15 BILLION dollars. You try preventing penetration of your nations infrastructural officialdom, when the power against which you are working can out spend you to the tune of 25/26 times over on intelligence. There is NOTHING Mexico can do about its officials being corrupted by CIA drug money, not a damned thing. Its like saying that all the Middle Eastern nations had to do was outspend both Britain and America in order to prevent ISIS rising, utterly ridiculous nonsense, unrealistic, and idealistic in the wrong way, not the right way.

Again, ALL the solutions to the drug problem, are to be found within the prosecution of members of the United States intelligence community, and with removing prohibition and replacing it with treatment programs to get people off the really harmful poison, while permitting people to do as they wish when it comes to legitimately beneficial things like the mary jane for example. Thats it and all there is to say about it. Asking Mexico to sort it out is like asking a five year old to stop accepting beatings from a drunken, bloated father. Mexico has no bloody choice in the matter at all. The things that infect its governance are the issue of the more powerful nation to the North, a nation which has deliberately kept Mexico powerless to protect itself over DECADES of manipulation, murder and espionage.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Are you seeing shadows or something? If you think for a second that ALL actors involved in this are CIA Plants, you're severely misinformed. It's no longer just the US at play down there and it hasn't been for quite some time. I'm in no way saying the US isn't at fault in the manner either.

legalization is a band-aid. You're trading one set of problems for another. Mary jane, as you say, I will agree on. Anything harsher is where we will diverge there and that's, ok.

Again, I'm sure if they were more willing to actually work together in a truly mutually beneficial manner we'd help more but the demands have to stop.

And just to be EXPLICIT here:

solutions to the drug problem, are to be found within the prosecution of members of the United States intelligence community

AGREED.. How much more spelled out does it need to be?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You do not agree though, because you think that Mexico as a country has any culpability whatsoever for the situation. It has NONE. It has NO power to change anything for the better, because it is not in a financial position to counter the operations from the north which destabilise it and rob it of resources of manpower, while puppeting the narco groups from the shadows. There are no solutions to the border situation or the drug situation, to be found below the US/Mexico border.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Solution, send the illegals back into Mexico, see how they like it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As it stands Mexico's primary exports are drugs and criminals. Most likely the entire establishment is controlled by the cartels by now. Build the wall and make them fix their own internal problems.

What would Mexico do if the roles were reversed?
One just has to look at Guatemala for that answer. It's beyond me why we as Americans are expected to put up with indiscretions the ones committing the indiscretions refuse to put up with.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
As it stands Mexico's primary exports are drugs and criminals. Most likely the entire establishment is controlled by the cartels by now. Build the wall and make them fix their own internal problems.

What would Mexico do if the roles were reversed?
One just has to look at Guatemala for that answer. It's beyond me why we as Americans are expected to put up with indiscretions the ones committing the indiscretions refuse to put up with.

I don't think you read all pages, seems like all the people that posted the same thing you did already left for good

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Oh NOOOOOO!

Well, that's it then. Withdraw the troops, forget the wall, lay off the border guards. If we don't, Mexico will....

wait...

What was it Mexico was doing for us again? Taking our money to fix their problem in the hopes they wouldn't keep sending their problem to us, right? But they keep sending their problems to us anyway. So... if they stop 'helping,' where's the downside for us? We keep our money, we close the border, and we fix our problem, since they obviously don't want to deal with us any more. They get to keep their poor, we get to keep our jobs. They get to keep the empty plants our businesses have built, and we get our businesses back (I doubt anyone wants to operate out of a country that is antagonizing us without a leg to stand on). They get to keep their drugs and we get to spend less on drug abuse intervention.

Should we be sending the Mexican Senate some 'Thank You' cards or something?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Oh NOOOOOO!

Well, that's it then. Withdraw the troops, forget the wall, lay off the border guards. If we don't, Mexico will....

wait...

What was it Mexico was doing for us again? Taking our money to fix their problem in the hopes they wouldn't keep sending their problem to us, right? But they keep sending their problems to us anyway. So... if they stop 'helping,' where's the downside for us? We keep our money, we close the border, and we fix our problem, since they obviously don't want to deal with us any more. They get to keep their poor, we get to keep our jobs. They get to keep the empty plants our businesses have built, and we get our businesses back (I doubt anyone wants to operate out of a country that is antagonizing us without a leg to stand on). They get to keep their drugs and we get to spend less on drug abuse intervention.

Should we be sending the Mexican Senate some 'Thank You' cards or something?

TheRedneck

At this point, after all has been said and done and people has stopped posting, your comment tells more about you and how ill informed you are than about the real situation going on, LMFAO

I didn't know this thread would become a joke but seems like lots of stuff on this site are pretty much that

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I see this as the best reason to seal the border. When they think they are doing a favor stopping drug dealers who kill their citizens. And of course attack their military but they think they are doing a favor? This makes me think a Korea thing may be a good idea. Set up a border lay mines fences guard towers and shoot anyone that crosses. Worked so far in Korea and you could tell Mexico when they get rid of the drug cartels we can talk about allowing people to cross.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Laugh away.

The bottom line is that Mexico is doing nothing... absolutely nothing... that is productive for us. They are taking money for not doing (or at least not doing productively) something to help themselves, and now have the unmitigated gall to pass an official resolution that if we protect our own country, they're not going to help themselves any more.

I have seen young children do essentially the same thing. They don't get a toy they want so they hold their breath trying to get their way. It's a funny tactic when they do it (they can't physically hurt themselves), but it is so much funnier when grown adults, especially supposed leaders of a nation, do it. Do something funny, and expect me to laugh at it.

This whole issue is a joke. It was a joke from the moment Mexico had the bright idea to even bring up and vote on such a silly resolution. Too bad you can't see the lunacy behind their actions... but at least you can laugh at me. Laughter is good medicine.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're right they aren't doing anything positive for the people, the unwashed masses, I bet there a select few that are doing very well out of this deal however.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Judging by their actions, I'd say we can count the Mexican Senators among those who are doing very well using US aid.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I kinda like the idea of using tax dollars to repair crumbling bridges and leaded water lines in our own country much better than paying leaders of another country to do nothing productive.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure the Mexicans were helping with stopping drug traffic. In fact, I think overall, Mexico profited by the drugs flowing through. I guess this means they are not going to be involved in bribing American boarder security anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to you Sr. In general, from what i stand, both countries are equally guilty of what's happening today and seeing it like that, it is ridiculous.

Here we have two countries that have supported each other for centuries fighting like little kids over who's to blame instead of shutting the hell up and sitting to talk things through and fix the issues, something which clearly would benefit both countries.

Why aren't they doing that? Each country has taken money from drugs and used it for their own benefit, whatever that means in the end but you can't say "oh they are sending drugs" while also saying with the other hand "here's some cash and money so that you can keep sending us drugs" and Mexico can't say "oh the US has a problem with drug dependency and we have issues with cartels because of that" and then with the other hand say "OK drug cartels, send us money and we'll let you do your thing as long as you keep sending the drugs to the US and not to our Mexican citizens".

In my opinion both are fully, completely, up to the neck full of it. And that's why this is ridiculous and a joke, right from the beginning.

But whatever i'm bored of this, if i could keep going arguing over dumb stuff i would, but i would have to insert my head into the screen to read at this point so i won't

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join