It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People don't know how to vacation anymore!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Amen Brother!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You wouldn't think it would impact your vacation but it totally does here's why. I am walking down to the beach. I have to stop 20 times so I don't run into the person that stops in front of me taking a selfie.

Stop walking so close to people that if they stop walking you either run into them or have to stop abruptly (or stop making up reasons to fit the OP). Why are you walking that close to people you don't know? Kinda creepy.

I am enjoying the waves hitting the sand, then two women block my view and start taking selfies in an almost X rated style in front of all the kids.

Two women blocked your view of the ocean? They must've been pretty enormous women. (Or stop making up reasons to fit the OP)

If there is anything historic or interesting to look at you'll have to fight with hordes of people taking photos with their phones and unlike back in the camera days people are just plain rude with their phones.

Yea man, I remember when tourists never took pictures of anything, ever, and were always like totally respectful of everything. Not.

When you drive in these small vacation towns people take selfies while driving, this is perhaps the most disturbing of all and the frequency in which it happens is shocking!

Also something that only happens when on vacation. I for one have never seen anybody use their phones while driving anywhere unless I'm on vacation.

Honestly dude you say you went to a spring break town, then you act shocked at spring breakers acting like spring breakers? Amazing.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Dude, we are talking about normal people walking on a normal sidewalk. I don't like people in my bubble, but it seems you've never been around a crowd before.

Dude, I'm around crowds nearly every week on my travels. I can walk in a high volume area without worrying about running into people because I'm not up their asses.

I never said my kids did I? I don't think it is appropriate to pull your swimsuit down on a public beach...

You said 'all the kids', is this one of those 'Oh! the Children!' moments? Let other people parent their kids, they don't need your input.

And for what it's worth, most places don't have laws about public nudity. People just don't do it because their uptight. Go to Europe, tits everywhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I grew up poor as well, first time I left Britain was a 5 night holiday in Majorca when I was 12 (In January so it wasn't really very warm) only paid for from some inheritance when my grandmother died.
I grew up by a beach though so every summer was a holiday when the tourists came back.

I grew up by a beach, too.

Sort of.

We had a lot of sand. No water, though.

Ok, it was a desert.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Spring break is a time of year not a mind set. Families take vacations during that time to not just drunk naked college students. Besides the are where he was is actually not a huge College Spring Break location like say PCB or Daytona used to be. Just because Spring Break is often associated with drunk horny college kids doesn't mean families vacationing should expect to see that. Especially in a spot not popular with that type of Spring

He didn't say specifically where he was other than it was a 'spring break' beach which, to me, implies it's a college spring break town.

Guess what? There's gonna be drunk college kids doing drunk college kid stuff. When you're walking in the jungle and the tiger eats you getting pissed at the tiger is not the answer.

Fair enough! However he said it literally right before you asked the question that he was in Clearwater FL. A place known more for it's retired population instead of it's crazy naked college students. Considering most of the population there is over 65 years of age expecting a little decency on the beach is not to much to ask for....Even if it is geriatric Spring Break Headquarters!!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Go to Europe, tits everywhere.

Not true. It's the same here.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

In reference to the two women blocking the ocean view must have been huge comment.....You have obviously never visited the state...

With all the fat people here I'm surprised the sun even hits the earth!! LMAO

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Some are missing the point. I have been vacationing here for decades, YES decades! Longer than some of you have been alive. The point I am trying to make is that at this exact same place something has changed in the span of six short years and it all has to do with cell phones and the inability for some to take their nose out of it !! yes six years. I walk just the same as I did six years ago, I lay on the beach just the same, I eat my dinner just the same.

And for Agustus Florida does have nudity laws:
Florida indecent exposure laws prohibit the display, exhibition, or exposure of an individual's sexual organs in a public place or while in public view. To prosecute a defendant for indecent exposure, the state prosecutor must establish the defendant's unlawful intent, the act of exposure, and the location of the act.

link   

Clearwater has been "ranked" as one of the best spring break spots for years. I don't think it's a new thing that spring break time in Clearwater is gonna be like....spring break.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Haha you nut!

...paddling pool, sorted.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? Clearwater is a notorious spring break town, enough that they add extra patrols each year.

It's ranked #10 in spring break rentals. I'm pretty sure it's not all blue hairs and families with kiddies doing the renting either.

edit on 5-4-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Lol, nudist beaches here...just mostly old people though so yuck.
Regular beaches topless is no problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I'm not missing the point, I'm responding to what you've said.

God forbid those damn whippersnappers want to document their spring break rather than quietly reflect on the beach, amirite?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Clearwater has been "ranked" as one of the best spring break spots for years. I don't think it's a new thing that spring break time in Clearwater is gonna be like....spring break.

For families....Not college students.

The inevitable and long-awaited week during spring semester filled with sun, friends, food and ridiculous behavior. What better time is there to act like a true college student? Whether you’re going to the beach, road-tripping or tourist-ing in a major city, spring break is never boring. So pack your bags, grab those snack and don’t forget your sunscreen. It’s that time of year again! And seriously—don’t forget your sunscreen.

Check out the best college spring break destinations that will make your friends green with envy over your Insta posts.

1. Panama City Beach, Florida

LINK

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
And for Agustus Florida does have nudity laws:
Florida indecent exposure laws prohibit the display, exhibition, or exposure of an individual's sexual organs in a public place or while in public view. To prosecute a defendant for indecent exposure, the state prosecutor must establish the defendant's unlawful intent, the act of exposure, and the location of the act.

I said titties, not cooch.

And I would be devastated if some hot young college girl flashed her reproductive organ at me. Just truly horrified.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: intrepid

Lol, nudist beaches here...just mostly old people though so yuck.

Hey man, old people need to dangle once in a while too. The just dangle more.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
For families....Not college students.

Riiiiiiight:

What better time is there to act like a true college student?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If people have never lived in Florida or even visited it is pointless to try to explain it to them. It's like everyone thinks all of Chicago is a war zone, but if you lived there you know where to go and where not to go.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? Clearwater is a notorious spring break town, enough that they add extra patrols each year.

It's ranked #10 in spring break rentals. I'm pretty sure it's not all blue hairs and families with kiddies doing the renting either.

Once again Spring Break is not just for college students. I promise you Clearwater is not a hot spot for college kids. Do some go there sure. But it has been and usually is mostly families. Believe me I live in Florida near PCB....I know Spring Break. Both from a College kid participating to being one of those police officers brought in for only Spring Break. I have worked Spring Breaks all over Florida and have never once been asked to fill in at Clearwater. Daytona, Ft Lauderdale, Miami Beach, PCB, etc yes....never Clearwater.

Just saying from personal experience and being a life long Florida Resident.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

almost 4 years in Europe the best vacation I had with the wife was in Slovenia, rented a house in the hills barely had cell phone coverage no internet . Spent a week hiking the hills with our dogs, reading by the fireplace and adult games to pass the time haven't been that relaxed in years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join