It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Knife Legislation Proposals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23291557]Kester[/post

I always remember this one, circa 1950

I was walking down the avenue swinging my chain

Along came a copper and asked me my name

So I took out my flick knife and cut his throat

Then wiped the blood off my Teddy Boy coat.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A heavy pipe wrench can do a number on truck.
I would imagine the same on a human.
Should we ban plumbers?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A heavy pipe wrench can do a number on truck.
I would imagine the same on a human.
Should we ban plumbers?

I say slit their necks with a piece of A4 paper fresh out of the printer.

Failing that, smash their heads in with the printer itself if said printer is out of paper...

Cripes... I think I am a psycopath!

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 6-4-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Oh dear, I sound like a psycopath now! Any Masons out there that want to intronise me?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Oh well,lucky I'm not in the UK,I can keep my sugar cane,possum killing,wood splitting, bush clearing,hook bladed machete till the queen says I can't. Best bush blade I've ever had,and its gota be 50yrs older than me by the looks if how it was made.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
An old toaster in a pillow case can reduce a man's head to pulp.
Thanks Stephen King.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

British Knife Legislation Proposals

If this is not disarming the British people what is? Are they doing this because they know the long awaited global melt down is imminent.

If my memory serves me right, a bloke who survived the Bosnian war, said that after 3 days people will fight each other for water and after 5 days they will kill each other over food.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
An old toaster in a pillow case can reduce a man's head to pulp.
Thanks Stephen King.

Bugger that... Knack his legs in old style with a lump hammer and then smash his face into an old fashioned typewriter Misery style : www.goodreads.com...

What a waste of a bloody toaster!

For cripes sake... I am hungry now!

Kindest reghards

Lags

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Utterly absurd. Its your country, you can do as you want, but as an outdoorsman Id be apoplectic. I have a half dozen different blades for foraging alone.

Baseball bats and crowbars will be next, then what...no martial arts?

You won't be able to head butt someone soon just air butt them...
Flying butt-pliers.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sharpen a leaf-spring off an old truck.
You can send limbs and heads flying in every direction.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There is hardly anything that you can't use as a weapon if you have the will to do harm.

Well, perhaps boiled spaghetti.

The point is that you have to address the root cause of the problem, not treat the symptoms. If you have a "gangsta" culture blooming, you need to take away what feeds it. Remove the potential recruits. Make it too much hassle and unprofitable. Make it uncool. Give them something better.

The police is pretty good at making things go away if there is funding and political will to get rid of the problem, but if there is no will to address the core issues, no amount of bans will help.

Apart from a reasonable restriction on what people should be allowed to possess (to prevent artillery exchanges and rocket propelled grenades in Central London say) this is a futile effort and mere window dressing.

Things like the stabbing and shooting spate in London happen because problems have been left to fester and develop without anyone giving a flying fleck. Give the people who make a positive impact means to thrive, and take away the conditions that allow these sub-cultures that promotes such behavior to flourish, and you may make it go away.

This is not a London problem, it is a near universal phenomenon. Let large groups of people languish without any prospects and without any good / positive role models and before you know it they will make their own little tribes.

Then, if you cannot just round them up and ship them off to Australia like in the past, you have a problem on your hands.

It amazes me that we cannot seem to learn this after centuries of the same thing happening again and again.

BT

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
There is hardly anything that you can't use as a weapon if you have the will to do harm.

Well, perhaps boiled spaghetti.

The point is that you have to address the root cause of the problem, not treat the symptoms. If you have a "gangsta" culture blooming, you need to take away what feeds it. Remove the potential recruits. Make it too much hassle and unprofitable. Make it uncool. Give them something better.

The police is pretty good at making things go away if there is funding and political will to get rid of the problem, but if there is no will to address the core issues, no amount of bans will help.

Apart from a reasonable restriction on what people should be allowed to possess (to prevent artillery exchanges and rocket propelled grenades in Central London say) this is a futile effort and mere window dressing.

Things like the stabbing and shooting spate in London happen because problems have been left to fester and develop without anyone giving a flying fleck. Give the people who make a positive impact means to thrive, and take away the conditions that allow these sub-cultures that promotes such behavior to flourish, and you may make it go away.

This is not a London problem, it is a near universal phenomenon. Let large groups of people languish without any prospects and without any good / positive role models and before you know it they will make their own little tribes.

Then, if you cannot just round them up and ship them off to Australia like in the past, you have a problem on your hands.

It amazes me that we cannot seem to learn this after centuries of the same thing happening again and again.

BT

I could stuff boiled spaghetti down a persons left nostril and choke them if you like?

OoOOOoooer....

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well, guess becoming a chef is out of the question now in the U.K. Cause... terrorism.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I guess it's universal.

No one is addressing the behavior of individuals, they are only focusing on the tools.

I see this as lazy and an attempt at control rather than addressing the actual problem.

Lazy is not the word. They don't address the problem because it doesn't fit the agenda. To leave the public defenseless.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This will have no problem passing. They all ready took their guns and their rights and their privacy. Its only natural knives come next. I dont see anyone speaking out about this. Where are the rallys? Where is the outrage?
edit on 7-4-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: Words

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

We can have guns. We can still have knives also.
Just a bit harder to get now.
One bit of good news is my Scottish basket hilt sword has just been reduced by 50 %.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand why The U.K. went to war with NAZI Germany. If this was the "freedom" they envisioned they were fighting for.
Most "western culture" has gone insane with fear, cowardess. Governments being run by girls (not women), and boys being raised by girls, expected to make good men. I don't see a bright future for "civilized society".

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

That actually is good news!!

I've always wanted one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join