It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Knife Legislation Proposals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Love going to Camden Town....but other than that I've got to say London is a cess pit.

Travelled all over the UK, (but never spent much time in Devon and Cornwall - hoping to address that this year when I'm planning on going to a festival just outside Exeter), and everywhere is massively different to London.

Austerity is all about the pursuit of a political ideology rather than a financial necessity and as a result the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are the one's who have suffered most.
Again, a discussion for another thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Brits

Somebody shoots somebody - "We need gun control laws!"

Somebody stabs somebody - "We need knife control laws!"

High level pedophiles molesting children - "Meh, nothing to see here. Current laws are fine. Move along."

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

High level pedophiles molesting children - "Meh, nothing to see here. Current laws are fine. Move along."

Absolutely nothing to do with the topic under discussion and just another crap attempt at Brit bashing.

Some of us are aware that there has been a paedophile ring in operation in Westminster and the upper echelons of UK society for a very long period of time.
Most of the abused children come from troubled backgrounds and unfortunately MSM seem complicit in under playing the extent and range of the abuse.
Hardly surprising considering that the people involved in this ring come from the same elite background as those who hold nearly all senior positions in politics, judiciary, police, armed services, clergy, press and senior civil service.

If you think that this situation is unique to the UK well, courtesy and T&C prevent from saying much more.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Some of us are aware that there has been a paedophile ring in operation in Westminster and the upper echelons of UK society for a very long period of time.
Most of the abused children come from troubled backgrounds and unfortunately MSM seem complicit in under playing the extent and range of the abuse.
Hardly surprising considering that the people involved in this ring come from the same elite background as those who hold nearly all senior positions in politics, judiciary, police, armed services, clergy, press and senior civil service.

That's the point.

The people pushing for bans against weapons tend to be the same ones covering up pedophile rings. Coincidence? Or maybe they have a reason for not wanting the average British subject armed.

"You're safer if your not armed." Does that make logical sense?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Guess they'll have to ban Sean Connery's thumb, next. (Rising Sun)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They are never taking my swords they will have to take it from my cold dead fingers.
Never I tell thee NEVER!
Huzzah!

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well at least one thing will mean I can get a good few years of 3 hots and a cot on the tax payers with the stuff I have from my scouting days so whats not to love as pretty much owning anything more than a butter knife will give you a stretch by the sounds of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Chagfest? Beautiful days? We may cross paths

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
They are never taking my swords they will have to take it from my cold dead fingers.
Never I tell thee NEVER!
Huzzah!

Haha yes, I mentioned you here fella...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

*Yet it is still perfectly legal to kill a Scotsman in York providing they are carrying a bow and arrow...

i thought it was only between the hours of Midnight and 6am, within the city walls and only if we (the Scotrmen) are wearing kilts?

I collect swords, this new legislation could be a problem for me...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The people pushing for bans against weapons tend to be the same ones covering up pedophile rings.

I would like to expose all paedophile rings and personally eliminate every single nonce involved......yet I like our gun control laws as they are at present.

Or maybe they have a reason for not wanting the average British subject armed.

None of us want more guns thrown into the mix.
We Brits by nature can be very violent, if we had more guns we'd only kill more people.

That is in no way a comment on US gun laws - different country, different mind set, different laws.....and not really any of my business.

"You're safer if your not armed." Does that make logical sense?

I understand your reasoning and why you could think that....I just don't agree with it in this instance.

Beautiful Days.

Never been.
Depends on the line up - The Levellers on their own are always worth seeing live - and flights.
I don't mind driving down from the North East, it's the drive back on Monday morning that would kill me!
Train might be an option as well if we book early enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Beautiful Days.

Never been.
Depends on the line up - The Levellers on their own are always worth seeing live - and flights.
I don't mind driving down from the North East, it's the drive back on Monday morning that would kill me!
Train might be an option as well if we book early enough.

Haha yes, hell of a drive!
I first went Beautiful days first actual time they started, many years ago, got in free in the boot of a Ford Fiesta lol, amazing festival.
I've been crap planning this year but if I make it, shout you for sure

EDIT
...and on topic, I wish beautiful days type of lifestyle for everyone, only knives anywhere near there are not being used in a stabby way.
edit on 5-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that the British government is going nuts. This is the second time this month they have put something stupid out there. I suppose a person is not allowed to use a sharp knife over there till they turn eighteen. Who drafted this legislation, the son or daughter of one of the legislators who didn't want to peel the carrots or potatoes?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Which is precisely what'll happen.

Like these...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Glassing?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Well at least one thing will mean I can get a good few years of 3 hots and a cot on the tax payers with the stuff I have from my scouting days so whats not to love as pretty much owning anything more than a butter knife will give you a stretch by the sounds of it.

They can learn the proper way to make and use shanks in there.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Glassing?

Smashing a beer glass on the table and shoving the rest in someone’s face whilst twisting the glass to cause maximum damage.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Glassing?

Pint glass smashed into someone's face, used to be rife in Britain, but like I said, after a few decades forced to use plastic glasses in late night establishments, it has become massively socially unacceptable to do that now so our populace have been allowed glass glasses for some years now again.
It was horrible, and tragically common in some parts.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let me put this in biggie letters so everyone can get it. BANNING ANY WEAPON WILL NEVER, EVER WORK BECAUSE CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. How does that fit.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Ah. Thanks. Worked as a bouncer in a little "check your knife at the door" bar in South Naknek, Alaska in my younger days. Had shot glasses thrown at me on more than one occasion. Never had one broken and aimed at me though.,.. Don't think it ever had a term...

Now that I know what it is, makes total sense. Nasty. Just as glad I missed that.

edit on 4/5/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join