It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, if we do use Military in conjunction with boarder security, it will allow us to get some return on our soldiers. This will allow us to have a bigger military to use if we need them while actually having them do something useful while they are soldiers. It is better to have them there than starting a war somewhere just to justify having them.

I am not against this as long as boarder security can work symbiotically with the soldiers. By doing this we can also use military jets during training to spot people going towards the boarder. Why can't everyone work together symbiotically on an issue like this.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Grasping at straws eh? So you're saying the US Government wants to wall in its own citizens into a giant country-sized ghetto?! Say it aint so! OMG.

That argument has no legs to stand on.

Yeah, because it never happened in history before, nowhere.

The people in the later GDR never believed that a wall will be built, to keep them in, before it really happened.
And do you trust your actual and any coming government that much?
If i see how scared many of the "U"S citizens are that the government will come for their guns, then i don´t think there is that much trust in the governments over there.

It isn't even that serious to really think it will somehow lead down this path you are trying to convey. There is a directive on the books already on willingness to ignore or disobey unlawful orders that contradict the laws established by the constitution/bill of rights.

Maybe we should take the passive approach and sit and do nothing. That has also worked well right?
edit on 3-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

To be honest with ya brah, I just think you are getting agitated and po'd because something is happening and people are getting their rocks off who are prevented from speaking out due to being called something they are not?

Honestly dude, if you and I went out and had a few brews and a blunt, I wouldn't be the Hitler you think I am! Cheer up mate!

im not agitated or pissed and im not really talking about you.
i just quoted you

i am totally chill. just annoyed.
i am annoyed at all these people that seem to want conflict. they seem to want people to get shot.
the are giddy about it.

i am annoyed at the fact if i or a few others would have made certain comments in a thread about gun control it would have turned into a huge deal and it would have been over my dead body cold dead hands # will all kinds of talk about the founding fathers and the constitution and how you cant pick and choose blah blah.

but when it comes to immigration. the border. using the military. those same people dont say # about a dude saying he dont care if the constitution forbids it. a couple of them address it by way of addressing me as crying and then say how the language means this or that... basically defending that post i mentioned.

so what that shows me is they clearly want some # to go down.
they clearly dont care about the constitution the preach about so much
and they only care about the issues that are important to them....

so yeah. im annoyed.
again, not at you. not yet anyway

and no beer for me.
not a drinker.

the other??

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: seeker1963
a reply to: Gothmog

Been a while since I read the book, but the movie is very much a satire on militarism. I don't know if Verhoeven ever actually confirmed it, but it's the running consensus with most film critics. Also, when you consider his most famous film, Robocop, it's clear that he has a penchant for hiding some very Left WIng positions behind mindless action movies.

Doenst matter at all what critics of a movie say , when it is in the book that the movie was based on...
And again , you are going off-topic

edit on 4/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   

What does he mean by military? The National Guard? Or is he actually talking about deploying the military on US soil?

I assume military. We are being invaded.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

We in Germany know what happens if the military is send to protect a wall that gets built:

What you guys over there forget is that a wall is designed to keep people out as it is designed to keep people in!

So how many Americans have run to Mexico lately ?

Tell me, you live there.
But don´t try to tell me that nobody did it...

Nobody did it 📰🧐

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder if Mexico is going to somehow join this effort and try to make the situation worse. I wonder indeed.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Directors regularly change the message behind source material. See Dune or The Shining.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Estimate is 800,000 in the past decade.

Where Do Mexico’s 1 Million U.S. Expats Live?

Recent estimates by the U.S. State Department have the total number of U.S. expats living in Mexico nearing 1 million. That’s up from only about 200,000 just a decade ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Directors regularly change the message behind source material. See Dune or The Shining.

Still doesnt make them correct.....The author , Robert A. Heinlein has it right there in the book.
And how did Dune and The Shining get brought into this ?
Even further off-topic.
If you want to reply in a fashion that is on-topic I will reply
Otherwise , dont waste my time.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What does he mean by military? The National Guard? Or is he actually talking about deploying the military on US soil?

The only thing being invaded is your brain

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well when the poster I'm responding to references the movie I'm going to go with the director's interpretation.

If you want on topic though, got anything that says the President can legally deploy the military on US soil in this case?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
June 2014 article..

Report: 90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

Ninety percent of the mostly-teen illegal immigrants flooding over the Mexico-U.S. border won't show up for their immigration court hearing, meaning at least 135,000 of the youths will simply vanish into the country this year alone, according to a key House committee chairman.

😃

And yet there is STILL a backlog of 600,000 Illegal Immigrants waiting to be processed. UNREAL. Can't blame Obama either. Republicans have run Congress since 2012.

That's right nothing was ever Obama's fault Whenever there was a scandal he learned about it the same way we did from the news because he was so goddamn uninformed or a liar or incompetent I don't know which is worse

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soberbacchus

"Posse Comitatus" has nothing to do with sending troops to defend the international border.

Will they be deployed on US Soil?

Posse Comitatus expressly forbids a sitting president from using the military for law enforcement, and border security is a law enforcement function.

Not when our military is protecting our borders! It is refreshing though to see so many of you trying to brush up on the Constitution.

Like Obama and Bush, he could call on the National Guard to go down to the border. But if that directive comes from the federal government, the guards legally can’t act as law enforcement.

The Posse Comitatus Act forbids using the military in civilian law enforcement.

It leaves Trump two options: have states send down their guards, which means states would have to foot the bill, or have guards on the border in non-law enforcement roles.

www.vox.com...

A section of the United States code prohibits a sitting president from using the military as a police force, and border security is a law enforcement function. The president could have been referring to National Guard troops.

A 2012 Congressional Research Service report noted that the Posse Comitatus Act “outlaws the willful use of any part of the Army or Air Force to execute the law unless expressly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress” — but also that “express statutory exceptions include the legislation that allows the President to use military force to suppress insurrection or to enforce federal authority … and laws that permit the Department of Defense to provide federal, state and local police with information, equipment, and personnel.”

Support functions, but not law enforcement activity.

The late-19th century Posse Comitatus Act is viewed as prohibiting the use of the military to execute domestic laws, according to a 2013 report by the Congressional Research Service.

Officials at the Pentagon didn’t immediately respond to questions about how they might carry out the president’s proposal.

www.bloomberg.com...

The Bush administration deployed National Guard troops to help conduct surveillance and erect fencing in 2006 and 2007, but those troops were prohibited from taking part in actual immigration enforcement. Troops reported they were even disarmed and had to have Border Patrol guards with them in case they encountered illegal immigrants during their duties.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Where did Trump get such a stupid idea anyways?

Roy Moore: Deploy Military to Fortify U.S.-Mexico Border
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well when the poster I'm responding to references the movie I'm going to go with the director's interpretation.

If you want on topic though, got anything that says the President can legally deploy the military on US soil in this case?

Yes , the President surely can if the situation meets certain criteria. Say an invasion by foreign nationals. What other folks are "quoting" is incorrect. It is against "the rules" to deploy active military in the US for police or regulatory actions targeting US citizens .However , in a case of protecting The Constitution against enemies foreign or domestic the President dang sure can.
The President is the Commander in Chief of all Branches of the US Military , after all. And , btw , considered the highest ranking military officer in the US even if never serving one day in the military prior to being elected President.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So should we direct the immigrants to your house to live? Since you don't even believe they are real!??

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

"Posse Comitatus" has nothing to do with sending troops to defend the international border.

Posse Comitatus expressly forbids a sitting president from using the military for law enforcement, and border security is a law enforcement function.

and border security is a law enforcement function.

No , it is not. Law enforcement is local and State. Border Security is Federal.

BS or ignorance? Only your brain knows.

Law Enforcement can be local or federal. Christ, it is like you forgot about the FBI.

Military can not be federally deployed for Law Enforcement activities.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah , you and I need to refresh some memories on our past discussion here....

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

and border security is a law enforcement function.

No , it is not. Law enforcement is local and State. Border Security is Federal.

BS or ignorance? Only your brain knows.

Law Enforcement can be local or federal. Christ, it is like you forgot about the FBI.

Military can not be federally deployed for Law Enforcement activities.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security

Well ,yeah . I believe I stated Border Security is a Federal Responsibility.
And your debate point is......

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Caravan will make permanent camp in your front yard

That's what they said

😣😎

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join