It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why else would you employ a force that is trained to shoot first and ask questions later? The National Guard and Border Patrol can handle a group of 1500. The only reason to deploy the military is if you want them to shoot anyone that crosses the border.

As others have stated on this thread they're "defending us from foreign invaders."

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn't bring that up.
I guess now the fbi=US Army?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump wants a military to guard his transparent wall? That's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money. Why not just make it much harder for companies to hire illegals if that is possible. Immigration won't be a problem if finding work is very hard.

Does trump even have a proper financial proposal? Or is this just another half-thought idea?

Because that would require the people causing this fiasco, the elected politicians, to do their jobs. They decided to not do their jobs for many many years and now Trump is doing what is required to secure our southern border.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Finally!

A leader that is willing to protect the American people and the American way of life.

Thank you President Trump!

From what? The first thing you should know about Trump is that he's full of #. Like today, when he yammered about how Obama "weakened the border" incoherently.

Again, here's the reality:

Illegal border crossings are at 46-year low or something like that as of last year and despite what the idiot liar spewed into a microphone today, as it turns out, under Obama, illegal border crossings were also way down.

So while I'm sure when he said "Obama weakened the border" if you'd heard it you'd have likely booed and hissed, the reality (not the Trump alternate reality) is that illegal border crossings were already really low compared to previous administrations.

Take a look at total border apprehensions for the last 5-6 decades:

It hasn't been less of an issue in most of our lifetimes and yet you'd think Trump is somehow saving us from a crisis that doesn't exist except in right-wing propaganda.
edit on 2018-4-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

President Trump is making America so great that everyone wants to come here. But it needs to be done in an orderly and restrictive fashion.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The NATO Rules of Engagement would like to have a word with you. I really wish you would stop trying to compare the US military to a band of lawless cowboys. Our soldiers are alot more professional than most people think or give credit for. If the Pentagon/congress says yes, then the POTUS is right to use our military as he sees fit (within the laws) to safeguard the country.

edit on 3-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Neither of those conditions have been met. Nobody is being deprived of their rights, privileges, immunities, or protections. And no one is obstructing the execution of the law. People in the states most affected by illegal immigration are still operating as any other US citizen and the courts are still running.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We in Germany know what happens if the military is send to protect a wall that gets built:

What you guys over there forget is that a wall is designed to keep people out as it is designed to keep people in!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I didn't bring that up.
I guess now the fbi=US Army?

Those coming here illegally might be safer if the military was there versus the FBI? lmao

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

all these dudes all giddy about the potential gunfire are not acting on emotions?

got it
youre in favor = totally rational
everyone opposed = emtional

constitution and gun control = written in #ing stone
constitution and military on the border = eh?

i understand

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Personally I prefer for the wall to keep me in the United States versus outside of the United States.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
This is purely a foreign related issue. Nothing to do with deploying troops against citizens.

Yeah, at first... Until they start intercepting American citizens carrying drugs across the border... Then before you know it , teenage American citizens are being literally executed on the southern border by the military, for simply attempting to smuggle 10 ecstasy pills (or whatever) back into the states.

Its the boiling frog scenario...

btw, this is the exact same argument I here on ATS constantly, when it comes to 2nd amendment rights...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

They do have a say in our economic well-being however. Economic sanctions wrecked Russia's economy and they can do the same to us.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Grasping at straws eh? So you're saying the US Government wants to wall in its own citizens into a giant country-sized ghetto?! Say it aint so! OMG.

That argument has no legs to stand on.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Personally I prefer for the wall to keep me in the United States versus outside of the United States.

Oh, the GDR had such people too.

They later became the best Stasi agents...

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

all these dudes all giddy about the potential gunfire are not acting on emotions?

got it
youre in favor = totally rational
everyone opposed = emtional

constitution and gun control = written in #ing stone
constitution and military on the border = eh?

i understand

Where did I say I was in favor of gunfire? WHERE??????

See what I mean when I talk about EMOTIONS and FEELZ?????? I know you aren't a mind reader either, because what you think of me isn't even close!

So there's that!

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Waco wasn't the military. It was the FBI. That was the whole point. The FBI were working within their legally proscribed duties. And yet people still bring up that instance as an example of blatant federal overreach.

But somehow the military being deployed on US soil, despite it being something the Founding Fathers wanted to avoid, is a good thing. It's absolutely ridiculous.

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: WarPig1939
This is purely a foreign related issue. Nothing to do with deploying troops against citizens.

Yeah, at first... Until they start intercepting American citizens carrying drugs across the border... Then before you know it , teenage American citizens are being literally executed on the southern border by the military, for simply attempting to smuggle 10 ecstasy pills (or whatever) back into the states.

Its the boiling frog scenario...

btw, this is the exact same argument I here on ATS constantly, when it comes to 2nd amendment rights...

If the moon was made of cheese...

There are processes for dealing with drug traffickers already, nice fear mongering tactic. If it ever got that bad, then that would mean the United States is in horrible shape and martial law should've been declared 10 years ago.

I am exaggerating but you do know how crazy you sound with inferring that this will go overboard somehow and you will be right in what you "warned"...

Yeah, no.

link   

Oh now the germans know best?
lol
sure

link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So we're forced to pick the lesser of two evils? A idiot president over corporate owned inactive politicians?
There's got to be a better way than always choosing between two evils..

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join