It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions names prosecutor to probe FBI, DOJ wrongdoing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Arnie123
Very nice. Actual real progress.

S+F.

One key sign of Huber's integrity, is that he doesn't have approved "leakers" working with him, like Bob Mueller does/has.
Sounds good brother. Lets see how this rolls out.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

From your CNN link...

However, Huber, who currently serves as the US attorney in Utah, wields significant power as a federal prosecutor with the ability to bring charges and convene a grand jury, if necessary.

The only thing that's missing is the word "Special" in front of the "Prosecutor" title. Huber can do what Mueller does, without all the leaks and drama.

When Hillary is called to Utah to testify, who in the media will know? Answer: NOBODY (Unless someone is camped out there 24/7 365.)

edit on 3/29/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, do you ever get tired of being a laughing stock? Just more wing nut wishful thinking. www.cnn.com...

a reply to: xuenchen

Did you read your own article?

Paragraph two.

Instead, Sessions revealed Thursday that Utah's top federal prosecutor, John Huber, is looking into allegations that the FBI abused its powers in surveilling a former Trump campaign adviser, and more should have been done to investigate Hillary Clinton's ties to a Russian nuclear energy agency.

www.cnn.com...

Exactly as the OP said, a prosecutor has been named, he will be looking into abuses by the FBI.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sessions is recused from things related to the election. How can he be appointing someone to investigate actions around the election?

He is ??

Yep

Attorney General Sessions Statement on Recusal

AND ?

Do you not know how to read all of a sudden?

Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

From Attorney General Sessions Statement.

AND ?

😎

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sessions is recused from things related to the election. How can he be appointing someone to investigate actions around the election?

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

Its called Un recuseing yourself. He did it voluntarily,and as such can come back if he wants.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

Its called Un recuseing yourself. He did it voluntarily,and as such can come back if he wants.

Its not even that.

He is not involved with Huber, he just appointed him.

Weird though, I dont remember these people screaming about recusals when Lynch refused to recuse herself after meeting bill Clinton secretly on a tarmac?

I guess some people wont be sataisfied unless only anti trumpers are looking in to everything.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Lol, do you ever get tired of being a laughing stock? Just more wing nut wishful thinking. www.cnn.com...

a reply to: xuenchen

Apparently not.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

This is about DOJ/FBI misconduct. It isn't about the election. Sessions is the head of the DOJ (and by extension the FBI). It's entirely within his purview. Unless your "defense" is that the FBI and DOJ were engaged in misconduct because of the election, so only Rosenstein can direct the investigation? That's even worse, right?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

This is about DOJ/FBI misconduct. It isn't about the election. Sessions is the head of the DOJ (and by extension the FBI). It's entirely within his purview. Unless your "defense" is that the FBI and DOJ were engaged in misconduct because of the election, so only Rosenstein can direct the investigation? That's even worse, right?

I am confused. Is the supposed misconduct about the investigation into carter page, other Trump campaign members during the campaign and supposed failure to investigate Clinton Foundation/Uranium One during the election?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The base (alleged) crimes and failure to follow policy took place during the election. Are you saying the campaigns were the reason for DOJ/FBI misconduct? That doesn't sound good...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Sounds like Sessions got some 'splaining to do about that recusal.

edit on 29-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The base (alleged) crimes and failure to follow policy took place during the election. Are you saying the campaigns were the reason for DOJ/FBI misconduct? That doesn't sound good...

Almost like a witch hunt?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I know right? Why would Jeff Sessions who is supposed to uphold the law in the country suddenly go this way?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why would he look into alleged misconduct in his organizations? Gee, that's a mystery. Everyone in the District is supposed to be unaccountable, right?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

No I dont think he does. he appointed a person that is running an independent investigation.

But I hope that this argument is pushed.

Very well then, time to have trump appoint a special prosecutror, one that, like Mueller, has nearly unlimited power and reach.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

Very well then, time to have trump appoint a special prosecutror, one that, like Mueller, has nearly unlimited power and reach.

Or, replace Sessions with an Attorney General who will do that. A Special Prosecutor who is NOT affiliated with the Justice Department would have the authority to perform the needed tasks. After all, what the Obama Administration did makes Watergate the equivalent of a jay-walking violation.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why would he look into alleged misconduct in his organizations? Gee, that's a mystery. Everyone in the District is supposed to be unaccountable, right?

What? I am just wondering why Sessions shouldnt be involved with anything related to the campaigns is the one directing this. Do the people under him think its BS and will not do it for him? Are they out of the loop and Sessions is going head on his own? Lots of questions about Why Sessions is doing this but I dont think the investigation itself if wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

He is looking into misconduct by the DOJ/FBI. Nothing about the campaigns is being investigated.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Disagree on the severity of what Nixon was proven to have done, and the conspiracy theory about Obama, that has never been proven.

I think I am being fair with that statement.

But - not a "cop-out" but off topic.

I am trying to stay on topic, after having threads removed.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I would be ok with that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join