It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions names prosecutor to probe FBI, DOJ wrongdoing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Let the outrage begin...
www.cnn.com...

Last year, former DOJ officials raised concerns over Huber's appearance at a White House press briefing to tout aspects of Trump's immigration agenda -- something that critics argued blurred the lines of the DOJ's independence from the White House, NPR reported at the time.

During a June 28, 2017, press briefing alongside the director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Huber spoke on the behalf of the DOJ in support of two bills that sought to enforce harsher penalties for illegal immigrants -- "Kate's Law" and the "No Sanctuaries Act," both of which were passed in the House.
Since then, Huber has taken on a leadership role on Sessions' advisory committee of US attorneys that provide counsel to him and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know. CNN is being awful nice to him. Very little criticism. That doesn't smell right...

edit on 29-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sessions is recused from things related to the election. How can he be appointing someone to investigate actions around the election?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: xuenchen

www.deseretnews.com...

So he knows the past Admin and would have had access to stories and info...right? Why would he resign and THEN come back?

Every new administration traditionally asks for mass resignations and refills the US Atty's with their own choices. Many of them are reappointed.
The media tried to play this for outrage when it happened ignoring that is done every time the WH changes hands. Bush had a small controversy because he switched things up midterm. But everyone cleans house.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm confused

To anyone familiar with your post history, that's nothing new.

You had best prepare yourself because, just like your presidential hopes were dashed, you're set up for a big impeachment let down.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Sessions is recused from things related to the election. How can he be appointing someone to investigate actions around the election?

He is ??

😂

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Uh, my candidate?

I never voted for anyone named Clinton - neither Bill not Hill.

To be honest but polite, many of your arguments are calling out fairness, which is fine. Everyone likes fair.

However, I think that going after Hillary at this stage is just for political points, not for justice.

I will also note that HTC is not president. Go ahead and cut off her feet and throw her bleeding to the sharks in the ocean for all I care, or for all the good it will do.

Fairness is important. But we have to deal with now, now.

Pointing fingers at past crimes is sometimes less important than catching crooks today.

So, to my point, making sure we figure out any possible problems we might have with our current president is more important to me than some washed up old lady.

And it is never an acceptable excuse to say "but they did it too!"

Who is still looking for Jack the ripper? Yeah we may never know, and I don't bring him up when some psycho cuts up a girl today.

thanks for your thoughts. Always a pleasure, if not agreement.

What fun would that be anyway?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

So, More breaking news about Sessions.

Sessions Says 'No' To Republican Requests For A Second Special Counsel

We know all that already.

Strategy Strategy

😑

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

The IG is already looking into the hillary investigation.

This has absolutely nothing to do with that.

This has to do with did the FBI and DOJ, many of whom are still active, act inappropriately or illegally in their investigation into trump.

This is far more important than Mueller investigation into trump.

If trump worked with russians to steal the election, jail him, and move on.

If the FBI and DOJ has been acting as unelected kingmakers that are trying to decide who is President by targeting one side with illegal wiretaps, leaking info, etc, that is a problem that would shake the country to its very core.

So yes, I think this investigation is very important, and is not even about hillary at all, and so writing off people that want this to happen as just wanting to get hillary is factually incorrect and glib.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He is ??

😂

Yep

Attorney General Sessions Statement on Recusal

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This has to do with did the FBI and DOJ, many of whom are still active, act inappropriately or illegally in their investigation into trump.

If the FBI and DOJ has been acting as unelected kingmakers that are trying to decide who is President by targeting one side with illegal wiretaps, leaking info, etc, that is a problem that would shake the country to its very core.

So yes, I think this investigation is very important, and is not even about hillary at all, and so writing off people that want this to happen as just wanting to get hillary is factually incorrect and glib.

Unelected Kingmakers? They wrecked Clinton's chances at the last min while hiding that people in the Trump Campaign were under investigation. How does that jive with the whole they are out to ruin Trump's chances?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Unelected Kingmakers? They wrecked Clinton's chances at the last min while hiding that people in the Trump Campaign were under investigation. How does that jive with the whole they are out to ruin Trump's chances?

Lets not forget that it was the dems who first wanted the IG to look into the FBI around the hillary investigation for the matter you state.

Now all of the sudden, wanting the IG to look at these is bad and just trying to get hillary.

As I have explained several times, there could be many reasons that Comey announced the investigationinto hillary, and still was out to get trump.

First, maybe he hated both and wanted leverage over both.

Second, and what I believe, he assumed like everyone else hillary would easily win, and so he was afraid that if the new evidence on weiners laptop became public, he would be investigated and criticized for not announcing it.

So he covered his bets assuming hillary would win.

Lets not forget the only reason that Comeys announcement had any effect was because he many many months before even before interviewing hillary decided he would act outside the scope of his position and decide no prosecutor would go after her.

Lets not forget that as the strzok texts show, Lynch even knew at the beginning that Comey would not recommend charges.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Good points.

I think it is a far stretch for anyone at this point to assume FBI or DOJ acted as kingmakers.

They have caught on to some very questionable relationships and communications with Trumps campaign staff and foriegn governments.

They are looking into it, and that is good.

But simply because they might bring shade on this administration is no reason to advocate a vast conspiracy that would be almost impossible to maintain, no less by very conservative LEAs at the federal level for decades...

This is hard to swallow.

I could go for the fluoride in the water explanation before this one. Just too damned complicated to work.

Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead sort of thing.

Now everyone can tell me how simple the conspiracy is, how it goes into a pizza shop, the masons, and the lizard folk inside the flat earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am surprised this did not leak.

I'm not.

It wasn't anti-trump.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

But thats not what is really going on.

Only papadopolous has been charged with anything remotely close to the original charge of russian collsuon.

Yes, tehy found out gates and manafort were shady; great they should look at all of the worms like that, like the Podestas, and many many more.

yet instead, they allowed the podesta group to retroactively file as a foriegn lobbyists when they charged manafort with the same exact crime when he was working with the Podesta group.

We have seen very compelling evidence that at least two of the agents working on the case hated trump.

We have seen evidnce that the head of the FBI leaked info to the press to hurt trump.

we have seen claims from people that have seen fisa warrants to spy on americans connected to trumps campaign that it used an unconfirmed piece of opposition research from the hillary team as the primary justification for wiretapping him. It also used a yahoonews article that was sourced from the very creator of the dossier as proof of its legitimacy.

And thats not to mention all of the shadiness with the hillary investigation; meeting on the tarmac, writing exoneration letters before hillary was interviewed, etc.

This is more than enough material to warrant an investigation.

Lastly, even if Mueller finds evidence that trump himself colluding, that doesnt mean the FVBI shouldnt be investigated, as they could have also committed wrong doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Rosenstein appointed Bob Mueller as Special Prosecutor because Russian hotel soap was found in Bill Gate's luggage, or some silly reason like that.

There's evidence of MANY REAL CRIMES associated with OBAMA all the way down the line in his administation...dated back to S.O.S. Clinton and Uranium 1.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

He is ??

Yep

AND ?

😮

Do you not know how to read all of a sudden?

Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

From Attorney General Sessions Statement.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Lol, do you ever get tired of being a laughing stock? Just more wing nut wishful thinking. www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join