It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions names prosecutor to probe FBI, DOJ wrongdoing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: burgerbuddy

This prosecutor started his work on November 13, 2017.

Good article here: www.americanthinker.com...

Likely before that date.... it says his work began in advance of that date. How far in advance, it doesn't say. It could have been months before.

That's true. I just used the November 13th date because it's the earliest exact date that I could find.

In a way, I'd like for the OIG/Huber investigation to be a bit more "leaky". If Prosecutor John Huber has been working with clear evidence, funneled to him through the OIG for this many months, surely at least one indictment should have been made.

Maybe that's what the mysterious "boots" were related to?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I understand, but I'm starting to be really excited that it wasn't leaky. I think it's a really good sign. Just caught this in the comments of the newest CTH post:

“I am pleased to announce the first members of the Attorney General’s Advisory Committee under this administration. These U.S. Attorneys will play an important role in carrying out the Department of Justice’s mission to reduce violent crime, combat transnational criminal organizations, secure our southern border, end the devastating opioid crisis, and return to the rule of law,” said Attorney General Sessions.

Link

Huber is on the list. The theory is this group are the gangbusters. I think this is meaningful. I'm starting to let myself believe that it's actually gonna happen, Care.

D eal or No Deal – There’s a Transparency Within Two Factions of DOJ and FBI Political “Small Group”
edit on 30-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Breaking news now ... Attorney General Jeff Sessions has announced the name of the person heading the investigation of FISA abuses.

It's John Huber who is the top Utah Federal officer in Utah.

Translation:
No "there" there and even Jeff Sessions couldn't figure out a way to justify the 2nd Special Counsel to investigate the lump of fake news being used to deflect from the fact that Team Trump is neck deep in criminals and Russian operatives.

This is pretty sad. At least Sessions figured out a way to "appear' to take the BS seriously. He gets to keep his job for another week.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Are indictments by U.S. Attorneys made public? There are an unusually large number of "sealed" indictments in the U.S. this year.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Breaking news now ... Attorney General Jeff Sessions has announced the name of the person heading the investigation of FISA abuses.

Translation:
No "there" there and even Jeff Sessions couldn't figure out a way to justify the 2nd Special Counsel to investigate the lump of fake news being used to deflect from the fact that Team Trump is neck deep in criminals and Russian operatives.

This is pretty sad. At least Sessions figured out a way to "appear' to take the BS seriously. He gets to keep his job for another week.

2nd opinion:

People not understanding the strategy yet.

Many will never "get it" 😎

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Jeff Sessions has the "Silent Executioner" nickname for a reason.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This will soon uncover the real stories buried deep in the last Administration.

I bet they already know the "who's and what's".

Hardy HarHar

Sessions said a while back he had somebody "looking" into this mess 😀

TikTok goes the clock 😎

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed on Thursday that Utah’s top federal prosecutor is investigating allegations of misconduct atop the Justice Department and FBI.

John Huber, is the lead U.S. attorney and top federal law enforcement officer in Utah, having served for two years under former President Barack Obama and reappointed by Sessions last spring.

According to Sessions, Huber has already been looking into allegations that the DOJ and FBI acted improperly in how a warrant to monitor former Trump campaign aide Carter Page was obtained leading up to the 2016 presidential election, as well as the role former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had in the 2010 Uranium One deal.

FAKE NEWS

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Another leftist without a clue and zero debate (as usual) just "Un-Uh." Hee-larious. Do tell: What's fake about it?

In other news Comey vs McCabe on an upcoming card! When that happens, I wonder if those who donated to McCabe's defense fund will start second-guessing themselves.
edit on 31-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Comey vs McCabe: The Cage Match

McCabe said the following about his talks with media:

"As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter."

The problem was that Comey had already gone on record that he never leaked information and never approved such a leak.

The inconsistency in the two men’s official statements was hard to ignore. Legal experts warned about what was to come. Law professor Jonathan Turley told CNN:

[McCabe’s] statement is going to trigger another round of inquiries. Who know about this and was this a leak to the media. Comey has already been accused of leaking info after he left. Comey is not out of the woods and McCabe’s statement doesn’t help him at all.

Now, McCabe vs. Comey is becoming the showdown to watch...

This week, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee members were permitted to review the report from the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) that started the entire McCabe controversy. On Friday, The Washington Post reported that after reviewing the report, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said in an interview that McCabe lied to Comey about the media leaks.

It Sure Looks Like Things are About to Go Down Between McCabe and Comey

An interesting point is made in the comment section of this next article in that after Lisa Page looked like she was going to be hung out to dry it was most likely she who turned over the text messages. This is inferred because A.) She would have very, very good reason to do so at that point and B.) all the text message originate from her as the "inbox."

Details of McCabe's False Statements Surface

edit on 31-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: hoss53

Another leftist without a clue and zero debate (as usual) just "Un-Uh." Hee-larious. Do tell: What's fake about it?

In other news Comey vs McCabe on an upcoming card! When that happens, I wonder if those who donated to McCabe's defense fund will start second-guessing themselves.

Indeed.
CNN and NBC were forced to cover the story.
That says a lot.
It says that there is much more to come.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

This will soon uncover the real stories buried deep in the last Administration.

I bet they already know the "who's and what's".

Hardy HarHar

Sessions said a while back he had somebody "looking" into this mess

TikTok goes the clock

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed on Thursday that Utah’s top federal prosecutor is investigating allegations of misconduct atop the Justice Department and FBI.

John Huber, is the lead U.S. attorney and top federal law enforcement officer in Utah, having served for two years under former President Barack Obama and reappointed by Sessions last spring.

According to Sessions, Huber has already been looking into allegations that the DOJ and FBI acted improperly in how a warrant to monitor former Trump campaign aide Carter Page was obtained leading up to the 2016 presidential election, as well as the role former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had in the 2010 Uranium One deal.

FAKE NEWS

A Brilliant deduction Watson !

👉🙄👈

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I hope the FBI and DOJ get taken down at the same time Trump gets taken down, that would be the best.

"You got your warrant and evidence illegally, you're fired"

"We found the smoking gun that Trump knew about and supported Russian interference in the election, you're fired"

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Their hand is becoming forced with increasing frequency. The spin was predictable but that aspect is weak and won't stand.

Just the current evidence in the public domain is damning and has reached the point that the old techniques to obfuscate aren't enough to avoid some upper-echelon heads rolling this time.

Yes, you're right I do believe, it's becoming fairly obvious that there is much more to come.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
I hope the FBI and DOJ get taken down at the same time Trump gets taken down, that would be the best.

"You got your warrant and evidence illegally, you're fired"

"We found the smoking gun that Trump knew about and supported Russian interference in the election, you're fired"

I know you get it about the DOJ/FBI/Deep State and that's cool. You are the type that will follow the evidence wherever it leads---much respect as always, Harp.

If Trump did anything worthy of being charged, I won't shed any tears and I'm more than willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads too, but c'mon brother...this is the against-all-odds "outsider" we've been needing.

Remember when the Bushes and Clintons got together in the same room all buddy-buddy to condemn him? Yeah...that tells us a lot. Peace, My Friend.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

My guess is that McCabe is actually telling the truth on this one. There are people in the upper-echelon who are typically authorized to leak certain information to help craft whichever department's narrative. And in this case, he probably did have permission from the Director. Strozk and Page may have as well. Maybe McCabe doesn't like being the public fall guy, especially since it comes right before he was ready to retire out of the limelight and may be losing his pension.

Comey simply lied and claimed ignorance because he knows how bad it looks, and he doesn't have many friends in the White House to run interference for him. And when the evidence comes to light that shows Comey was in on the "insurance plan", his defense is going to simply be that he misremembered. But at a certain point, hopefully, they'll both have bigger problems than just a few leaks.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: butcherguy

Their hand is becoming forced with increasing frequency. The spin was predictable but that aspect is weak and won't stand.

Just the current evidence in the public domain is damning and has reached the point that the old techniques to obfuscate aren't enough to avoid some upper-echelon heads rolling this time.

Yes, you're right I do believe, it's becoming fairly obvious that there is much more to come.

And based on what Professor John Turley is saying, this move by Sessions is "a stroke of Genius".
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In June of 2017, prosecutor JOHN HUBER addressed reporters from the White House podium. Liberal Media was perplexed and upset that he was there. I wonder why? As the article states, Obama let justice dept officials speak to reporters from the White House.

Story from NPR: prayingmedic.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

he had to reach across country because everybody in dc knows everybody else so you get someone from outside dc less chances of them being in bed with one of the ones under investigation.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is from NPR? Interesting.
Funny how this got so little coverage over the weekend.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did QAnon not know about this? Surprise. The appointment will not stop Trump from firing Sessions, and Trump will never accept the result of the investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join