It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Military Moon Base Probably Actually Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Cool thread.

I've heard stories about Mars but the moon base is more plausible.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
well let me just say that neither the dyna-soar spaceplane neither the MOL military space station concepts were cancelled, you can do the math

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: smurfy
it absolutely makes no sense should there not be a Moonbase in existence now.

Well, if there wasn't, would it be missed?

Do you mean like this idiocy,
www.timetounite.com...

Or perhaps this just to have the realisation that we you and I are more priviledged than ever before, and that there are people, not necessarily governments, out there with vision who do try to make a difference,
" . . . The United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them. This country was conquered by those who moved forward, and so will space."—President John F. Kennedy, 1962

"In spite of the opinions of certain narrow-minded people, who would shut up the human race upon this globe, as within some magic circle which it must never outstep, we shall one day travel to the moon, the planets, and the stars, with the same facility, rapidity, and certainty as we now make the voyage from Liverpool to New York."—Jules Verne, From the Earth to the Moon, 1865

If you were around in the 60's, you would realise that Apollo 11 was celebrated all over the world as an achievement of man, mankind in the face of the 'impossible' as Verne put it in his own way a hundred years before.
So it doesn't matter if anything really life changing, (and it was then and not just a feelgood factor) isn't missed by someone, there will be many, many more who would think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, how are they supposed to be secret if people keep talking about them.

I guess that explains all the rockets that amateur astronomers keep seeing shuttling back and forth between the Earth and Moon, hauling supplies and fresh personnel.

Oh, wait. Nobody sees those.

Years ago a launch platform was built on a ship. It depends on who you ask as to weather or not it was successful. I know that at least one rocket was launched successfully. I was unable to find anything about it for this post. If you can find or know anything please let me know.

My point is that if said ship is in use today it would not be hard to launch supply's and people without anyone seeing it.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The photo you posted that was allegedly taken by China's mission has apparently been debunked as being a hoax (manipulated) SOURCE:

Someone took an original image, then digitally added structure-like features.
ETA: There is a thread from 2012 about this: HERE
edit on 3282018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

Sea Launch

Sea Launch is a multinational spacecraftlaunch service that used a mobile maritime launch platform for equatorial launches of commercial payloads on specialized Zenit-3SL rockets through 2014

By 2014, it had assembled and launched thirty-two rockets, with an additional three failures and one partial failure

Odyssey

Odyssey is a self-propelled semi-submersible mobile spacecraft launch platform converted from a mobile drilling rig in 1997.

It's just an example that it can be done, has been done, and the military could have been doing it for decades.

They also have a lot of remote islands too.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yes that's why I said supposedly and unconfirmed. I am aware there is a debate over it.

Has anyone done a formal image analysis yet to definitively show the pics are edited?

The shadows do appear to be very similar at first glance.

Oh, do you have any idea where that 2nd photo is from? It has a Disney logo in the bottom right corner and I'm interested what show it must have been on. Any help is appreciated thanks!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No one could land on the sun.
Don't be foolish.

Oh yeah??? You could do it at night!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks for adding a link to that thread, didn't see it till now. Wow it's long. Way too long so tyvm.

Ya the shadows look identical.

If I could edit my OP I'd remove that pic + the paragraph on the Chang'e debate. Oh well.

Now to debunk that 2nd photo?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

No one could land on the sun.
Don't be foolish.

Oh yeah??? You could do it at night!

Lmfao
Touche'

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I like conspiracies theories but this one has a big flaw i believe. The moon is regularly (daily, weekly, yearly i don't know precisely) hit by meteorites so an external base, i don't think so. Now if we're talking underground why not; the hollow moon theorists will soon kick in

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMasterOne
I like conspiracies theories but this one has a big flaw i believe. The moon is regularly (daily, weekly, yearly i don't know precisely) hit by meteorites so an external base, i don't think so. Now if we're talking underground why not; the hollow moon theorists will soon kick in

Wernher von Braun supposedly said that the threat from micro meteorites could be substantial and overwhelming. I don't know if he really said that, it's just alleged.

Normally that argument is used in the "moon landing never happened at all" topics along with stuff like the radiation belts or von Braun's other alleged quotes like how it'd take an orbital staging station and insane amounts of fuel etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I asked the mod to remove that pic.
Don't want it ruining my cool thread which can stand just fine without it being there mucking things up.

Thanks again for the links!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I compiled and created this thread from scatch in 1 hour 30 minutes so couldn't research deep enough fast enough. I grabbed those two pics with only a few minutes of searching. I'm on a very tight schedule.

Also I wish the "edit post" function lasted a whole day. It only allows edits within 4 hours. You posted the correction about 6 hours after I posted so that's why I gotta get a mod to help fix it.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Which reminds me I intended to link a handful of other spacecraft projects (I had 30 or 40 tabs open so it became a huge mess).

Stuff like this I noticed I forgot:

French Hermes DynaSoar knockoff from the late 70s

Venture Star

British Skylon

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

My only question would be what advantage does having a base on the moon have and why would it need to be secret? Those questions need to be answered before any real speculation should be made.

edit on 00331America/ChicagoWed, 28 Mar 2018 21:00:37 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMasterOne

Oh ya and the 1958 Air Force Lunex base was going to be underground. That was their design plan (probably because of von Braun's alleged warnings about micro meteorites).

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
that would be totally cool, and would explain the missing trillions. more people would support this then they think, so stop hiding it and spill the beans.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
that would be totally cool, and would explain the missing trillions. more people would support this then they think, so stop hiding it and spill the beans.

That's the thing - if Congress got oversight they could say "NO" - and the military just can't allow that to be an option.

So therefore it'd have to be black budget and way above top secret. Simply to ensure it gets funding.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
lol

There are several reasons the Americans never stayed on the moon.

1: You would be better off in orbit around the Earth.
2: its cheaper
3: There is no oil on the moon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join