It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Military Moon Base Probably Actually Exists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: doubel post

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Metallicus
My only question would be what advantage does having a base on the moon have and why would it need to be secret?

It gives your enemies three whole days to see your attack coming.

All this moon base stuff was interesting when there were only a couple of satellites in orbit. These days with low orbit crammed with all kinds of junk, the only real reason to go there is to pick Helium-3 berries to fuel Skunkworks' little fusion reactors.

Preserve mankind when an E.L.E. hits the earth.

I thought it would be obvious?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

My only question would be what advantage does having a base on the moon have and why would it need to be secret?

All this moon base stuff was interesting when there were only a couple of satellites in orbit. These days with low orbit crammed with all kinds of junk, the only real reason to go there is to pick Helium-3 berries to fuel Skunkworks' little fusion reactors.

Preserve mankind when an E.L.E. hits the earth.

I thought it would be obvious?

While I understand that argument, it would seem especially grandiose to expect the remnants of humanity to get back to the moon to make use of whatever was stored up there after an ELE as well....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

well Im not sure on how it would work on the moon , but didnt Robert Zubrin already propose an idea to have sufficient oxygen for the surface of mars, I know the atmospheric conditions are different but im sure there are possibilities given that ice has been found near the poles of the Lunar surface , which can be converted into oxygen , water and hydrogen
of course this would still require a lot of materials to be taken from earth

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why is innuendo and fantasy confused with reality? Why?

NO, AMERICA DID NOT BUILD A SECRET MOON BASE
By MUFON Admin

mufongeorgia.org...

The idea of a secret manmade base on the Moon is inherently unrealistic to those with even a rudimentary understanding of spaceflight. Even so, some of those who appeared on “Far Side of the Moon” made such a claim. Thus, it is important to explain why such a notion is outside the bounds of realism.

In order to accomplish our goal of putting a measly base with capacity for six astronauts on the moon, we would need the equivalent of three and one-half Saturn V launches! Since half a launch is still a launch, we are talking about sending four Saturn V rockets uphill. Covertly.

Nobody would notice the US government buying 5.5 tons of kerosene, liquid oxygen, and liquid hydrogen at a time? Then multiply that by four?

Again, who is making rockets with the capacity and endurance of a Saturn rockets?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

well if they didnt notice the US government trafficking arms all over the world and selling coc aine back into the states then why would they bat an eyelid at them buying up kerosene !

never mind the fact they could just make it themselves

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

well if they didnt notice the US government trafficking arms all over the world and selling coc aine back into the states then why would they bat an eyelid at them buying up kerosene !

never mind the fact they could just make it themselves

What does that have to do with:

Nobody is producing a rocket that has the endurance and capacity to get equipment to the moon to support a moon base, much less build one?

How is the moon base communicating with earth from the dark side of the moon?

Nobody would notice the USA government buying up 5 million pounds of rocket fuel at a time?

The moon is under constant observation. Nobody would notice rockets zooming from the moon? Broadcasts from the moon?

What purpose would a base on the dark side of the moon blind to earth serve?

The opening post showed shuttles hardy big enough for two people. How are they holding enough cargo for a moon base? What did they build the landing strip on moon out of? Concrete sets up in space? Heavy metal plates? Show were those shuttles were designed to lift off from the moon?

Reality is a bitch.

The moon base theory has more logic holes than a moon made out of Swiss cheese.
edit on 29-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed and added

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The reason that I brought it up because humans are pretty good at hiding things in plain sight !

Just because there are no plans for a rocket that has the capabilities to get there doesnt mean that it doesnt exist!
if they have a top secret plan to build a moon base then the lift vehicles to get that equipment there would also be top secret and therefore the plans for those heavy lift rockets would be made secret.
As for the shuttles from the moon I have no idea how they would hide this from astronomers!

Why would they buy the rocket fuel when they can just manufacture it by themselves , as to leave no evidence !

I mean you have very important questions which do poke a lot of logical holes in the theory of the moon base , but just like you I am also speculating as to how this can be !
Im not using facts im just thinking aloud !

As for landing strips , Im pretty sure you could manufacture concrete on the moon
as for a dark side of the moon base, there are multiple purposes you could use a base on the moon for, Virology , chemical weapons , exotic particles , all sorts of experiments which are too dangerous to carry out on earth where all the life is !
The moon is almost perfect for these types of scientific experimentation.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I resonate with what you are suggesting.

The idea of a secret space program would be a crazy idea to me had I not seen what flew over my house 8 or 9 years ago - it was a saucer with a cut out (notch on one edge) and to me it was man made (bizarrely had nav lights) and was totally silent - on that basis I am pretty convinced that the USA and UK are collaborating on and new forms of propulsion which are literally like something from a sci fi movie. FYI I have a degree in Aerospace.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, how are they supposed to be secret if people keep talking about them.

I guess that explains all the rockets that amateur astronomers keep seeing shuttling back and forth between the Earth and Moon, hauling supplies and fresh personnel.

Oh, wait. Nobody sees those.

I wonder how many others stared this before seeing the last sentence as I did, can't take them back

There have been many sightings but people simply refuse to believe the obvious.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

A civilian space program would eventually help in hiding the whole program.

What if the eugenics crowd simply want a place with only the perfect bloodlines with the objective being eventually taking the pure to another planet of their own.

I always think of the secret when money/gold goes missing or when tons of honey or walnuts disappear from warehouse.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godric
a reply to: muzzleflash

What a joke, you moron.

Where do they pee?

Just curious.

You know so much about this.

You must know where these astronauts pee.

Where is it?

Just wondering?

Can you answer that simply?

Into a machine that recycles it back into drinkable water, lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Your thread is killed by reality of needed resources, man power, and economics.

Debunk the dark side of the moon is populated by unicorns.

I don't think the thread's been killed.

If I knew all the government's secrets then I'd be in a lot of trouble.
Most of their 'secrets' are still unknown to the public.

I'm sure if you did some research you could answer most of your questions, and I'm glad to see you question everything.

There is no "dark side" of the moon by the way, it's the "far side".

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

Who knows, but the possibilities are endless as to why and why.

Ya that's true. It's really hard to tell what's going on when our government keeps so many secrets and lies about everything all the time.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMasterOne
I like conspiracies theories but this one has a big flaw i believe. The moon is regularly (daily, weekly, yearly i don't know precisely) hit by meteorites so an external base, i don't think so. Now if we're talking underground why not; the hollow moon theorists will soon kick in

The moon is full of lava tubes or some type of caver structures. Massive ones.
www.extremetech.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

How was oxygen produced to keep the personnel alive on the moon ?

The basics are the questions that need explaining.

NASA has the technology to do that.

In 2018, NASA hopes to put a rover on the Moon that will carry the RESOLVE (Regolith and Environment Science and Oxygen & Lunar Volatile Extraction) science payload. RESOLVE will contain the various tools necessary to carry out in-situ resource utilization (ISRU). Basically, RESOLVE will sift through the Moon’s regolith (loose surface soil) and heat them up, looking for traces of hydrogen and oxygen, which can then be combined to make water. There is also some evidence that there’s water ice on the surface of the Moon — RESOLVE will find out for certain by heating the soil and seeing of water vapor emerges.

It seems to be basic chemistry and the technology has been around to do this for a long time...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
It doesn’t matter how many SeaLaunch ships or remote islands you have to launch from, there are only a few workable trans-lunar orbits and any unannounced spacecraft achieving escape velocity to transfer to a lunar transit would be immediately picked up by Earth resources.

Why would those "Earth resources" which are either run directly by or heavily regulated by the government tell anyone about what they detect if they were asked not to mention it?

Do you sit around and get radar readouts from every space launch or something?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: TheMasterOne
I like conspiracies theories but this one has a big flaw i believe. The moon is regularly (daily, weekly, yearly i don't know precisely) hit by meteorites so an external base, i don't think so. Now if we're talking underground why not; the hollow moon theorists will soon kick in

The moon is full of lava tubes or some type of caver structures. Massive ones.
www.extremetech.com...

Interesting link, thanks!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Why is innuendo and fantasy confused with reality? Why?

Nobody would notice the US government buying 5.5 tons of kerosene, liquid oxygen, and liquid hydrogen at a time? Then multiply that by four?

Again, who is making rockets with the capacity and endurance of a Saturn rockets?

Of course you and anyone not working directly on the program wouldn't notice things like this. No one goes poking around on military bases without clearance for one.

According to this website's statistics - kerosene production , there was around 40 million tons of kerosene produced around the world in 2016 alone!

So you're claiming that with tens of millions of tons of something mundane like kerosene, we'd all magically notice 20 tons "disappearing" from our constant surveillance? That's hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join