It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive vibrations of LOVE, Peace and Strength to the YOUTH rallies against gun violence-

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I'm sending them vibrations to awaken to the reality of the world and the need for citizens to be able to defend themselves and the reality that no law restricting legal fun ownership will do anything to protect the people.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: alldaylong

If something is a mishmash, it is a confused mixture of different types of thing

Well, a constitutional republic is a very specific thing. It’s not a mixture of anything and it’s not confusing at all. You just didn’t know what it was. I’m willing to bet i could explain it a few more times and you still wouldn’t know what it was. Some people just aren’t good at understanding things. That’s not your fault. But it’s not mine either. So......
edit on 24-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
People

Can we remember this is a rally against gun violence. Not a rally against guns.
No one here is for gun violence.

Thank you.

You sure about that?

From my email news widget thing when I log in:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Okay.

The kids and celebs had their march today.

What's in store for tomorrow?

Are they expecting someone to trash the Constitution now?

Have DC ban guns?

It's over now. Time to go back home, youngins'. Play time is over.

Sad to say that today’s calls for gun control will be rehashed tomorrow, ad nauseam, on the Sunday morning talking heads shows...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elvis_Is_Dead

originally posted by: timequake

originally posted by: seagull

Oh, I see...

In order to practice my rights, I have to ask. I see.

I actually meant an idea or two with some actual merit.

Your rights are changeable as in any other democratic country. You still have the biblical right to covet with an Ox as long as it's not your neighbours, it doesn't mean you won't wake up with a horrible disease to your little weapon.

Rights are not changeable or else they would not be rights--something that is inalienable. Privileges are changeable. Elvis_Is_Dead, feel free to enjoy your ox, I guess, since that seems to be your thing?

If rights are not changeable then you don't have any...

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Oh, I see...

Your rights are changeable as in any other democratic country. You still have the biblical right to covet with an Ox as long as it's not your neighbours, it doesn't mean you won't wake up with a horrible disease to your little weapon.

No, our rights are amendable as in a constitutional republic.

Amendable / changeable please tell us the difference?

Amendable - it requires ratification by a majority of the States, not national popular vote or federal legislation.

Changeable as a democratic nation - depending on the nation, it could be done by writ or a popular vote.

Bottom line, the USA amendment system is designed to prevent the whim of the emotionally ignorant from trampling over the rights of others.

For those not familiar with basic English:

COLLINS DICTIONARY

Enjoy and goodnight!

Good grief.

While you are looking at the dictionary, maybe you should check out "unalienable."

Then after that, move over to the actual Constitution and brush up on Article 5. Amending is not just a change, it is a lengthy process with debate and ratification. It can enhance and create as much as it can modify.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Sillyolme
People

Can we remember this is a rally against gun violence. Not a rally against guns.
No one here is for gun violence.

Thank you.

You sure about that?

From my email news widget thing when I log in:

And they want to go after the "pro-gun politicians" to put them on notice and/or vote them out.

Sounds like an anti-gun rally to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'll bet the GOP is wondering WTF are we going to do now....

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hopefully, they'll have enough intestinal fortitude, not to mention brains, to realize that this bunch is barking up the wrong tree.

...and someone should remind these kids, and their controllers, that they might want to be careful what they wish for...

But, time shall tell what it tells.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
I give them part of my spirit energy. They see through old world politics.

Sadly this is not true.

They do not see clearly at all.

Perhaps your spirit needs some clarity itself...so that they CAN SEE...new world politics are still run and POLICED by the same old scums that have always been around.

Send the OLD WORLD strength love and light and quit pretending these programmed youth are saying anything new.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'll bet the GOP is wondering WTF are we going to do now....

If they are smart they will realize these kids can't vote and the adults won't vote for them anyway, and go on with their lives.

Not that GOP politicians have been showing a lot of brain power lately...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Politicization of youth never ends well. It is a desperate move of the far left. We will never give up our rights.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

a reply to: queenofswords

These young people need to recognize that our 2A is not the cause. Guard your 2A like treasure.

Americans once had the right to own slaves.

Then common sense prevailed and that right was taken away. The same will eventually happen with the right to own arms.

It may take awhile, but it will happen.

Can you show us where we had an enumerated right in the Bill of "Rights" to own slaves? I am asking for some friends.

Thanks in advance.

Stop playing silly bugger.

You know as well as i do that slavery was allowed until it's abolition in The Thirteenth Amendment.

It didn't have to be written down anywhere, it was just a know fact that if people wanted slaves they took them.

Is it written down in your Constitution that you allowed to breath air?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Can we petition ATS to host a snowflake forum so that all the melts can get together for a group hug and wipe each others tears? You know, maybe even make it private so no beastly fascists can interrupt the positive vibes that appear from and go nowhere? It's got to be better than this circuitous tailspin. We can put both Almost Boss Hogg and Gonzo together as the icon headliner.
Whoa, hate/thought crime alert, where's the nearest safe space, I've offended myself.
Sobs unconditionally.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Sending many positive vibrations of LOVE, Peace and Strength to the YOUTH trying to stand up against gun violence. On their own?

They got my respect. As a parent it is something to be proud of.

SAD THEY DON'T GOT MORE SUPPORT FROM THEIR ELDER LEADERS IN POWER...

I can only second your sentiment, time for a change

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Our government operates as a constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives. You should understand at least that much.

So The U.S. is not a democracy ?

How very strange.

No, not a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic where we vote democratic style but value the independence of region and to make it fair have a balanced representation. When the elected officials vote in their respective chambers of Congress or Senate, THAT is a democratic vote. By having 2 Senators from a small state have as much power as 2 from Californian it balances out the power and prevents a mob mentality from taking over the country from the most populous areas.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Woodcarver:

...an infringement on my right to carry a weapon on me to to protect myself from violent attacks.

Rights that are given can be taken away for the right reason. Every single gun rampage on its own is a right reason to repeal the 2nd amendment and to to bring in highly restrictive gun control in line with saner nations. I couldn't care less if your right to own a gun is infringed. Innocent lives are more important than your individual right, so the sooner the 2nd amendment is expunged from the constitution, the better for America.

It's time to grow up. It's time to question the mentality of every single person who believe they need a gun, and also to look at their neuroses...because it is not sane to want a gun, there's something wrong with you inside.

Rights are not given by man, that is what the US Constitution proved. Rights can't be taken away only tyranny will attempt to squelch rights. If rights are man made, then man can establish them and take them away. When the universe created them as laws of nature, that is why the people can say with conviction that they are 'rights' . For instance, I have a right to defend myself and that is what the 2nd Amendment was covering. You have a right not to defend yourself but do not have the authority to keep me from defending myself.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Democracy is "mob rule"

No. That's Communism.

Yea good point, the communist use Democracy ("see, the people want it") but they cheat and write in the votes. Just say Putin wins with 77%. Or Stalin won with 99% I seem to recall one report from History class.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

Oh, I see...

Rights are not changeable or else they would not be rights--something that is inalienable. Privileges are changeable. Elvis_Is_Dead, feel free to enjoy your ox, I guess, since that seems to be your thing?

If rights are not changeable then you don't have any...

I guess you weren't a jew in Germany when they were deemed too dangerous to have weapons to defend themselves?

They are rights like to breathe air and eat food. Not a right to drive a car nor to force your religion on someone else is it? We can have this discussion if you are honest with the facts.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Definition of the word " Democracy "

A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

If it looks, sounds and smells like a Democracy then that is what it is.

If you say otherwise, then it sounds like a load of Codswallop to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Definition of the word " Democracy "

A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

If it looks, sounds and smells like a Democracy then that is what it is.

If you say otherwise, then it sounds like a load of Codswallop to me.

Your argument is akin to saying that red and blue are the same because they are both colours.

There are various forms of democracy and lumping them together in the way you have is misguided.

Go and study, do some decent reading instead of entrenching yourself in ignorance.

edit on 25/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join