It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive vibrations of LOVE, Peace and Strength to the YOUTH rallies against gun violence-

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: RomeByFire

Haven't there been several stabbings and sword killings in schools overseas. I seem to remember one in Japan within the last couple of years where several children were killed and many more injured.

There were some in Russia and Sweden, too. Actually, I just did a look-see and there are lots of incidents of school violence all over the world.

Even though guns weren't used, this should tell us all that teens everywhere are having psychotic issues or else something else is happening to some of them. So, it is not the weapon chosen, but the state of mind that causes them to become violent.

Care to source your fabricated Japan attack. As per population density, they are (by far) the best nation when it comes to violence. It is virtually non-existent.

And one over the last few years? I can count twenty mass shootings over the last year.

I don't care if "people will use other weapons," let them.

How many other civilized nations have mass shootings?

Some people are so resilient to any sort of change they instantly deflect away to something else; it's classic propaganda.

You know what these kids and their naysayers remind me of?

Donald Trump.

"He's not qualified, he'd never win, he won't last a year, etc etc"

Keep on underestimating the power of the youth of a nation that is sick and tired of being shot by lunatics while sitting in a #ing classroom.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If rights are not changeable then you don't have any...

Just because those fearful people want them changed doesn't make it so. There will always be people that will attemp through use of force to prevent others from excercising their rights, but that doesn't mean that dont exist.

edit on 24-3-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: wtfatta

"I support the right of the educated to protest."

And who's going to decide who's educated?

You?

In America, consensus should decide rather than one judge's call. Do you draw the line at 12 or what age?

It appears this is their Hitler-esque plan to change the people to think whatever BS they want like they did with "Jews are the devil". All they do to get the plan rolling, is merely brainwash the next set of electorate, the children. This is textbook stuff and proven to work.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I am more informed than you think.

Then you need to show it . Which you did not with your statement.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Woodcarver:

...an infringement on my right to carry a weapon on me to to protect myself from violent attacks.

Rights that are given can be taken away for the right reason. Every single gun rampage on its own is a right reason to repeal the 2nd amendment and to to bring in highly restrictive gun control in line with saner nations. I couldn't care less if your right to own a gun is infringed. Innocent lives are more important than your individual right, so the sooner the 2nd amendment is expunged from the constitution, the better for America.

It's time to grow up. It's time to question the mentality of every single person who believe they need a gun, and also to look at their neuroses...because it is not sane to want a gun, there's something wrong with you inside.

So if your fever dream comes true, will you be upset when the Fed decides the 1st needs to go away to protect people?

Cause that is what you are advocating, I am not even going to touch on the facts that refute the dangers of guns in our country.

Sorry millions of people don't want to dismantle the bill of rights over a cause of death that isn't even in the top 10 for the states.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: queenofswords

These young people need to recognize that our 2A is not the cause. Guard your 2A like treasure.

Americans once had the right to own slaves.

Then common sense prevailed and that right was taken away. The same will eventually happen with the right to own arms.

It may take awhile, but it will happen.

Can you show us where we had an enumerated right in the Bill of "Rights" to own slaves? I am asking for some friends.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

I feel as if I'm trying to explain how to make fire to a Neanderthal, actually that would be an insult to the Neanderthal....at what point did I suggest that I thought that it was possible for some guy and his trusty ox to turn up at the White House and have the 2nd amendment changed? I didn't. I am fully aware that in a democratic country there is always procedure before anything is changed.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I've been watching. I'm very impressed with what those young adults have been able to accomp!ish.
Perhaps this time will be different. No one is asking to outlaw guns. They/ we just want sensible gun regulations.
Fair enough.
What do you suggest?

No one needs an assault rifle unless you're a solider.

Hahaha no thanks...
Clearly you don't understand the subject seeing as you can't tell the difference between military issue and civilian weapons.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elvis_Is_Dead
a reply to: timequake

I feel as if I'm trying to explain how to make fire to a Neanderthal, actually that would be an insult to the Neanderthal....at what point did I suggest that I thought that it was possible for some guy and his trusty ox to turn up at the White House and have the 2nd amendment changed? I didn't. I am fully aware that in a democratic country there is always procedure before anything is changed.

I've got to say I feel bad because I love Vonnegut, Timequake was a great book too...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: WarPig1939
We adults that have a problem with it mean business too and we wont go down without a fight if it comes to that.

I will not sit silently and let my rights be decided by an army of KIDS that dont even pay taxes let alone contribute to society other than protesting on a weekend.

some of us adults agree with the kids. some of us adults went out to protests ourselves.

so you're not the big bad grownup who knows best here. you're just a guy with an opinion.

know your place in the universe.

Were you protesting guns or the system that creates the hate?

Were you protesting people hurting others in mass that THEY KNEW?

edit on 24-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Lab4Us

But luckily I’ll be gone by the time you’re living in your communist utopia!

I never realised that trying to help preserve life was solely a communist ambition.

What have i been missing all these years ?

It isn't. But what is would be the attempt to sell us a fake safety for our natural freedoms part.

edit on 24-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just watching some of the scenes from the march - reminds me of the Hitler youth. These people are fanatics and cult-like.
edit on 24/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I've been watching. I'm very impressed with what those young adults have been able to accomp!ish.
Perhaps this time will be different. No one is asking to outlaw guns. They/ we just want sensible gun regulations. No one needs an assault rifle unless you're a solider.

I would like sensible abortion restrictions too...lets make it all part of the same package and take away as many rights as we can from our fellow citizens.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Perhaps this time will be different. No one is asking to outlaw guns. They/ we just want sensible gun regulations. No one needs an assault rifle unless you're a solider.

I would like sensible abortion restrictions too...lets make it all part of the same package and take away as many rights as we can from our fellow citizens.

The only rights that are absolute are the rights of God, any other is relative.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

And one of those absolute rights is the right to keep and bear arms. The 2nd Amendment merely states the government cannot infringe upon the right.

Glad to see yo agree and are a 2nd amendment supporter.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
If bullying causes school shootings, why don't students in other nations lash out and shoot their school up from being bullied?

Or do we live in fantasy la-la land where bullying is solely an American problem?

If bullying causes mass shootings, why aren't any mass shooters gay or transgender?

Does bullying just magically stop after high school in the fantasy la-la land?

Why aren't there more mass shootings, considering bullying also happens at people's workplaces and in extracurricular activities?

ATS's motto is to deny ignorance... couldn't be further from the truth. Jesus, people get more offended at protesting students and video games about killing Nazi's than they do mass shootings... what a world we live in.

Don’t think it’s any secret that schools around the world (in developed countries) are MUCH more disciplined than US schools. Perhaps you should observe those three fingers pointing back at you as you point your fingers at others...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Elvis_Is_Dead

That literally had nothing to do with what I said. Well done, sir. Try again.

The issue was about malleability of rights: I get that you think that they can be changed by government. I stated that rights are something a government cannot give nor can it legitimately take away except through use of force. Keep up.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And one of those absolute rights is the right to keep and bear arms. The 2nd Amendment merely states the government cannot infringe upon the right.

There’s no such thing as an absolute right regarding anything human

ONLY God has absolute rights

Go ahead and buy a machine gun and see if you have absolute rights

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

There’s no such thing as an absolute right regarding anything human

ONLY God has absolute rights

Go ahead and buy a machine gun and see if you have absolute rights

If you actually understood the Constitution and Bill of Rights, you would understand my last statement. Those documents do not GIVE or GRANT anything. They, in effect outline what the government CANNOT do to the God given rights inherent upon anyone when born.

That is exactly what you said. And, therefore, you agreed the protections of the 2nd Amendment are valid.

Thank you for being in the right.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Okay.

The kids and celebs had their march today.

What's in store for tomorrow?

Are they expecting someone to trash the Constitution now?

Have DC ban guns?

It's over now. Time to go back home, youngins'. Play time is over.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join