It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton In, McMaster Out!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone gave Bolton a job, no less Trump.
Can the news get any worse?
I have my doubts.
Iran, here we come.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I like Bolton. Hopefully this means we're done playing games with the Norks and will finally rectify that situation once and for all.

Good point, we've been so successful with war the past twenty years, why stop now?

Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan.... All now great places to travel, and finally back in the top twenty countries to live.

Our foreign policy is bar none, getting results for just pennies on the dollar.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Are there any Trump supporters here who voted Trump because of the fear of Hillary starting a war? If Trump started a war would your position on Trump change?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
trump - "i'd steal their oil"

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bolton eh? I know where my next investment will be placed.

It's great to see the neocon's back in power....

www.medicalproducts.com...

Body bags a new growth industry. Halliburton might also be a good place for part of your portfolio....

Doin business the American way...capitalism rawwwwkkkkksssss.
edit on 23-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ya'll remember when John Bolton did that cameo appearance on Tom and Jerry?

In all seriousness....im not a fan of the dude. He comes across as the most insufferable man on the planet. The kind of guy that wears socks made of synthetic materials and his whole house smells like feet and stale tv dinners.

Im not sure what this means for the 4d chess argument, as mcmasters was fired afterall.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The kind of guy that wears socks made of synthetic materials and his whole house smells like feet and stale tv dinners.

I entirely agree, and your descriptive prose has conjured olfactory responses in my memory I'd really rather not remember....

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Damn right I am. I am for silencing the midget dictator once and for all and casting his country back as far as is needed to ensure that the world has nothing to be concerned of from his little patch of hell for a few generations to come.

The irony of your perspective is this fact: it IS the USA that has wreaked havoc, misery, hell, suffering, murder and MORE on a unprecedented scale via destroying thriving democracies; turning secular nations into non-secular states, etc; all for their own selfish interest.

The crimes against humanity perpetuated by the USA is the far greater sin than any nation on this planet in the past 60 years—including N.Korea—has ever committed. The brutality does not go entirely unnoticed. The US has always harboured aggressive intentions against other nations for selfish interest.

U.S. Holds the World Record of Killings of Innocent Civilians: www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, I can tell by your post(s) that you have drank the kool-aid of propaganda and none of this will be accepted despite the facts. Can't teach an old dog...

I'm tired of sitting here in the largest American city he can most easily reach and listening to his threats.

Oh, YOU'RE *tired* of threats, huh...?! Well, sticks and stones.

YOU are tired of his *threats* while *safely* sitting "in the largest American city" while your currency and way of life still remains intact because it has not been destroyed by selfish foriegn intervention, huh..?

Your entire post demonstrates the height of American arrogance...

You know who is really *tired* of America's S#?! Children and other innocent civilians across the globe who have suffered due to American imperialism, such as this little girl:

Yet, she still shows the symbol for PEACE despite her face being all busted up due to American aircraft artillery. Something your post(s) have never done, *moderator*. That is an ironic term considering your thought process concerning geopolitics has never been moderate at all. In fact, it's very *extremely* ignorant...

Again:

Damn right I am. I am for silencing the midget dictator once and for all and casting his country back as far as is needed to ensure that the world has nothing to be concerned of from his little patch of hell

You know, a lot of people feel the same way about the USA re: the words in bold.

Btw,I own a home in the US and do much business there. On the surface, America is very normal operating society and it's land is very scenic. However, the reality is it's a pretty s#hole. Despite the fact most Americans are good, decent, honest, and hard working people; when one weighs the high rate of violence, poor government and social infrastructure along with the dynamics of its highly dysfunctional society against other G20 nations—American can also been seen as a little patch of hell.

“If those who support aggressive war had seen a fraction of what I’ve seen, if they’d watched children fry to death from Napalm and bleed to death from a cluster bomb, they might not utter the claptrap they do.” ~ John Pilger

Sincerely,

Young dog...

edit on 23-3-2018 by Involutionist because: ...my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Yeah, "USA sucks, yadda, yadda, blah, blah." I've heard this before, but my points still stand. I am an American. While I agree that my country isn't always "right" in the global morality sense, I have zero interest in participating in an exercise of self deprecation. There seems to be an attitude some folks have of "The US has done bad stuff so Americans should support policies which make us sit back and accept reciprocal bad stuff from other countries." That's not going to happen with me, period.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There seems to be an attitude some folks have of "The US has done bad stuff so Americans should support policies which make us sit back and accept reciprocal bad stuff from other countries."

That is a straw-man argument. Deflection...

Oh what the hell, 'll play along: list some of those *policies* "which makes [others] sit back and accept reciprocal bad stuff from other countries."

Yeah, "USA sucks, yadda, yadda, blah, blah."

It doesn't entirely suck. It does have its many good qualities that have been empirically weighed. After all, I wouldn't of invested in property down there if it didn't. For instance: America is the EASIEST nation to earn a lot of money due to its huge consumer market (population). If one is not "ballin' out" in America, then they're surely F#ing up big time...

I have zero interest in participating in an exercise of self deprecation.

And yet, you express tons of interest and ignorance by bashing other nations due to being heavily influenced by propaganda. Your geopolitical IQ is unbelievable low (rudimentary) for someone who spouts off as much as you do...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

My position on North Korea is influenced by the propaganda coming out of North Korea itself. Are you trying to argue that North Korea hasn't repeatedly threatened the United States? Are you denying the fact that their ability to make good on those threats is, at the very least, progressing along a path which will make it very possible in the not too distant future? Are you contesting the fact that sanctions haven't worked, particularly considering the prior administration allowed North Korea to reach the point where they could start developing nuclear weapons, then applied sanctions which had no teeth whatsoever?

I'll be honest, from what I've read of you, your insults against my "geopolitical IQ" are a real hoot. Do you have mirrors in Canada? Find one and stare into the abyss behind your eyeballs, please.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Probably the most disturbing is the fact that Bolton doesn't want NK to back down. He actively wants the talks between Lil'Kim and Trump to fail in a big way so (as he believes/expects) we can have a mandate to strike them militarily.

Fox News Interview - specifically the end

Considering we are officially still at war with N. Korea, not to mention a UNSC resolution authorizing it, you dont have to look for a reason to resume the war.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

My position on North Korea is influenced by the propaganda coming out of North Korea itself.

Oh really...?! So, you have a personal subscription and DIRECT link to North Korean news media and think-tanks ...yeah? (rhetorical)

Again: you're basing your geopolitical views strictly on western corporate news media and claiming it came from N.Korea.

Honest question: which western and global think-tanks to do you refer to? Which independent *on the ground sources* do you subscribe to? Which government and non-government organization data banks have you referred to concerning declassified memos centring around geopolitics—both past and present issues?

Are you trying to argue that North Korea hasn't repeatedly threatened the United States?

Are you claiming that the *democratic* U.S.A hasn't repeatedly threatened the *Republic* of North Korea...?

After all, history has shown that it IS America who has always been a threat to North Korea and not the other way around.

The US has been threatening; pointing close range missiles at; imposing sanctions; and engaging in covert war against North Korea for the past 70 yrs.

When was the last time N.Korea did something even remotely close on American soil? Don't you dare claim the Sony hacking b.s propaganda campaign a few years ago...!!! lol

North Korea Has Never Attacked the US, but the US Has Killed an Estimated 4-10 Million Koreans:www.abovetopsecret.com...

That above is just a rabbit hole. A geopolitical glimpse...

Are you denying the fact that their ability to make good on those threats is, at the very least, progressing along a path which will make it very possible in the not too distant future?

Based on the United States DEMONSTRATED history re: holding the world record of killing innocent civilians; the ILLEGAL INVASION OF IRAQ and LIBYA and other foriegn policy initiatives post 9/11 in Afghanistan (isn't it interesting the huge OPIOD epidemic?): I'm more worried about Uncle SAM.

Are you contesting the fact that sanctions haven't worked

History has also shown that contentious relations with the US often manifest UNFAIR sanctions...

Why should North Korea give up its Nuclear capability because the US —the ONLY NATION to ever use nuclear bombs on CIVILIAN population— demands it...? Who the F# are the US to dictate that...? Give your head a shake...

I'll be honest, from what I've read of you, your insults against my "geopolitical IQ" are a real hoot.

I haven't really said much on here (ATS). I keep the real good stuff for the real world. I live out (invest time and resources) towards some of these topics beyond social media. Again, what think-tanks do you subscribe to...?

Do you have mirrors in Canada? Find one and stare into the abyss behind your eyeballs, please.

I have mirrors everywhere I live. Here in Toronto, there in California, across the pond in London, Hamburg and Amsterdam, and in the West Indies.

Cool, you think my geopolitical understanding is not up to par. No worries, "moderator"...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

For right or wrong, you need to keep in mind that diplomacy boils down to dominance. The US has a dominant position over NK. Our "threats" are an assertion of that dominance.

If they don't like it they are free to take action. But they won't...because that dominance is very real, and very deadly.

We can discuss philosophy here all day. But it'll never matter in reality. The reality is we are strong, they are weak...and they should act like it based on the way human diplomacy works.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Good grief people need to chill out with North Korea war........

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bolton is no diplomat. And that's what you need. He's a terrible choice. He's worse than any other choice Trump could have made. Strongly dislike Bolton.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So, again... what you foolishly called a strawman earlier comes into full play. To everything you claim about the actions of America, I say "So effing what?" America killed North Koreans. OK, yup, sure did... that means I should sit here with my thumb up my ass listening to North Korea's threats and advocating against military action against North Korea because: Karma? I DON'T CARE how many North Koreans the US has killed, this isn't a popularity contest nor is it a kindergarten class where tit for tat is forgiven in the name of parity. I am an American. SO long as it is my country's boot on the throat of the world, I don't need to worry about the rest of the world getting upitty and placing any boots across my throat.

I am an American nationalist. My country isn't perfect, far from it, but on a global playing field I will defend what we do.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My sources in North Korea claim that Kim Jong has already appointed a counter to Bolton.

His name?

Ho Ree Chit.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Bolton is no diplomat. And that's what you need. He's a terrible choice. He's worse than any other choice Trump could have made. Strongly dislike Bolton.

What's encouraging is that most of the Liberals along with the people who have been wrong about mostly everything over the past 10 years, are coming out against John Bolton.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah, "USA sucks, yadda, yadda, blah, blah." I've heard this before, but my points still stand. I am an American. While I agree that my country isn't always "right" in the global morality sense, I have zero interest in participating in an exercise of self deprecation.

How is recognizing that all of our wars in the past twenty years have been lost based on predefined goals and hemorrhaged money hating America?

I love America. I love winning. I love doing what we say we're going to do and not wasting money.

And it's not just NK we have to be concerned with Bolton on.

But I'm a fiscal concervative... So I guess you wouldn't understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join