It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird just happened could it be tactile hallucination?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi folks.

I don't normally post in this forum but thought this topic might be worthy? :

Just a few minutes ago a very odd thing just happened to me.

I am sitting at my desk (working from home) when all of a sudden I felt the back of my shirt collar being pulled back which also led to my head being slightly snapped back too...

This is the very first time in my 52 years on this planet that this has happened to me.

Strange...!?

Now here is the coincidence :

Last week my Mother in-law passed away after a very long struggle with progressive supranuclear palsy (a fairly rare brain disorder)

More here : www.ninds.nih.gov...

My wife and I spent alot of time with my mother in-law before and after her passing away.

The funeral is to be held tomorrow and I have been entrusted and honoured in giving a goodbye tribute to her during the ceremony.

I was actually thinking of my Mother in-law and running through the text I have written when this happened to me.

Could this be a tactile hallucination caused by tiredness?

Thoughts from those who have already experienced this are very welcome.

Thank you.

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 19-3-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Never, I suppose, if you were in a normal way of life before and attended some of any physical exercises.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

What do you mean when you said "slightly snapped"?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It could be very well be attributed to tiredness. Why not get some deep sleep over several days and see if it happens again?
edit on 13CDT09America/Chicago03590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

Slightly snapped back as in pulled very quickly backwards

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
It could be very well be attributed to tiredness. Why not get some deep sleep over several days and see if it happens again?

This is planned for after the funeral (next weekend) as I think once the emotional side of things are over we will be hit like a train with the lack of sleep.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Kindest respects

Lags

Did you felt something like a static discharge too?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Nope, nothing at all, just felt as if someone pulled the back of my short collar very quickly.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Nope, nothing at all, just felt as if someone pulled the back of my short collar very quickly.

Warmest

Lags

Ok. What you experienced is the effect of tiredness, due to a wandering mind. Is the same as when you dream that you are falling and suddenly jump of in the bed.
Your mind got so lost that the brain simply sent you a signal to come back again. A slapped in the face.

Get some rest sir. And remember her the best way you can.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Kindest respects

Lags

Warmest

Lags

Ok. What you experienced is the effect of tiredness, due to a wandering mind. Is the same as when you dream that you are falling and suddenly jump of in the bed.
Your mind got so lost that the brain simply sent you a signal to come back again. A slapped in the face.

Get some rest sir. And remember her the best way you can.

These are my thoughts exactly...

Getting some rest is first on the top of my bucket list for next weekend.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I had a physical nudge once that I feel was a good friend who had died in an accident, just saying goodbye. And the circumstances might be considered 'mirthful'. Anyway...first thing I thought of when reading your post. Nothing wrong with regarding your experience in that manner...especially if it brings comfort.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Day dreaming?

Dee emm tee

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I had a physical nudge once...
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I had this happen to me several times a couple years ago, but I have no idea what caused it. I was sitting in my computer chair and it was as if somebody came up behind me and nudged the chair with their knee trying to spin it around. it wasn't that hard, just a nudge like somebody would do if they were trying to mess with you, but it got my attention. This happened in a period of about one month, probably 3 times.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Hi folks.

I don't normally post in this forum but thought this topic might be worthy? :

Just a few minutes ago a very odd thing just happened to me.

I am sitting at my desk (working from home) when all of a sudden I felt the back of my shirt collar being pulled back which also led to my head being slightly snapped back too...

This is the very first time in my 52 years on this planet that this has happened to me.

Strange...!?

Now here is the coincidence :

Last week my Mother in-law passed away after a very long struggle with progressive supranuclear palsy (a fairly rare brain disorder)

More here : www.ninds.nih.gov...

My wife and I spent alot of time with my mother in-law before and after her passing away.

The funeral is to be held tomorrow and I have been entrusted and honoured in giving a goodbye tribute to her during the ceremony.

I was actually thinking of my Mother in-law and running through the text I have written when this happened to me.

Thank you.

Kindest respects

Lags

Im not normally one to jump to stuff like this...but...I dunno...i've heard too many stories from completely reasonable people and seen some weird #...honestly...Imma say ghost.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They have tech that is scary. They use a field around your body.
edit on 3-19-2018 by Springer because: removed data collecting link, WE DON'T ALLOW THAT HERE

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
motor control..kinetic potential weapons

Oh ya that site seems totally legit.........is that your site?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: anotherside
motor control..kinetic potential weapons

Oh ya that site seems totally legit.........is that your site?

Its a forum for people who get remotely tortured and stalked to collectivize and bring our oppressors to justice. No its not my site.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A yank of the shirt collar? Come on over to my house, you'll never sleep again

In all seriousness, I'm one of the last people on this site who gives the paranormal/evil spirits/demon mumbo jumbo so much as a glance, but there are times I wonder about at least the paranormal end. Or if our perceptions are sometimes just really skewed. Or wonder if it's crossover from alternate universes (I'm much more fond of that theory, TBH)

Let's see, since we moved into this old house almost 3 & a half years ago, we've had the distinct heavy odor of cigar smoke (I'd attribute this to a neighbor, but no one smokes cigars that I know of)
We've heard heavy footsteps on the first floor while in the basement (we seriously thought we had a B & E on our hands, but nobody was there) Footsteps have also been heard by all of us in the kitchen, on the stairs to the second floor, and roof (no joke, that made us go WTF)
Light, barely intelligible one-sided conversations (although that quite possibly could have been the neighbors, they come & go at some odd hours for old folks & our walls are thin)
The pantry door -- which is a snug, flush fit when closed and requires a good tug to open -- opens on it's own. As does the basement door, and that's a pretty secure tongue latch when it's closed.
Lights, usually the basement ones, are found turned on. Had that happen over the weekend, nobody was down there since mid-week last week, I have no idea how long the CFLs had been going for before anyone went down there & noticed. It's still possible one of us simply forgot to flip the switch off, though.

The only incidents that really gave us a good run of goosebumps that can't be explained by being ditzy or the neighbors was a dark figure sitting in the reading chair in the living room one night that I saw going downstairs to the bathroom. Hollered at my husband for scaring me, and got a holler back from upstairs from him. Looked back, no figure seated anymore. Now, it's a damn dark living room at night, and it could have been shadows all wonky & my extremely tired eyes screwing with me, but...like I said, makes me wonder.

Also, fingernail-like rapping/drumming on doors at night once in a great while. My kids' bedroom is across the hall from ours, and my older one was awake one night when that happened. I thought it was one of them wanting something, but nobody was at the door, and the time it would have taken for someone to hop back into their bed & get situated wasn't enough between the noise & me opening the door. Still, older kid was spooked enough to sleep on the couch that night ("I heard it too, it wasn't me! Can I sleep on the couch?" Never seen a kid move so fast after being told yes)

The cat also gets real bent out of shape and squawks a lot at the access panel for the fireplace's ash pit in the basement. Don't know what he doesn't like about it, but he's quite vocal. Also, don't leave him down there alone. He'll make like greased lightning to GTFO of there once he realizes he's solo down there.

I used to think there was a distinct sensation of someone sitting down beside me on the bed at night while my husband was at work. However, I debunked that one with a brain fart. I marked the legs of the support frame and lo and behold, they were slowly depressing into their holes a bit, generating a sitting sensation when the bed resettled along with them. Tightened those wingnuts way up Gorilla Grip style and I haven't felt that since.
edit on 3/19/2018 by Nyiah because: Fixed borked tag

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've had a shirt tug once or twice, at work, wide awake. I usually wear headphones to drown out the people around me while working. In order to get my attention, they need to do something. Well, I thought it was somebody being a bit of a prankster so I turn around to find nobody there! It happened again a few minutes later. It was from behind at the base of my sleeve like it was pinched between the thumb and index finger with a quick tug. I had to rearrange my shirt after each tug.

I no longer wonder about things like this ("Who or what is doing this"), I accept that as a corporeal being we can be reached or touched, if even briefly, by ????

Here is an even stranger thing that just happened to me this past weekend. Lying in bed, no drafts or anything as the bedroom is back a ways. No windows or doors open. I am facing the wall only a few inches away. I feel a breeze move across my arm like somebody waved a flat cardboard box very close to me to generate a breeze. All the hair on my arm moved as it passed by! There is not enough room between me and the wall. I was on my side with my shoulder above my arm so it was rather protected.

I don't know of anyone near or close passing. It is an apartment and I know the guys who lived there before me. They've never talked of anything like that happening ever.

You are in touch with the woo, or, the woo is in touch with you! There are things in this world we just don't know.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Here is an even stranger thing that just happened to me this past weekend. Lying in bed, no drafts or anything as the bedroom is back a ways. No windows or doors open. I am facing the wall only a few inches away. I feel a breeze move across my arm like somebody waved a flat cardboard box very close to me to generate a breeze. All the hair on my arm moved as it passed by! There is not enough room between me and the wall. I was on my side with my shoulder above my arm so it was rather protected.

If you hadn't mentioned this, I would never have remembered it. I get those phantom indoor zephyrs quite a bit, but I'm so accustomed to them that I outright ignore them now. It's definitely wind, you're right, hair absolutely moves, but the source of the wind is an unknown.

There are things in this world we just don't know.

Of all the truths in existence, this is the more basic and ever-lasting. Despite our curious nature, we'll never answer ALL of existance's riddles

top topics

<<   2 >>

join