It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... *this* happened....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I had an awful, awful day today. While coming back from this disaster, I got to a bus stop to go home. I was back and forth from the stop, throwing out various items (the Gatorade bottle was last to go), and because I was about to fall asleep on the spot, up, down, sat staring at the ground, etc. The bus was due to finally show up, I happened to look back, and *right* exactly where I had been sitting, all shiny and new (which, for a 2017, is just damn odd) was a one cent piece. I looked at the exact piece of ground after downing that Gatorade, which was completely disgusting, and made my stomach upset. I didn't have any change on me at all. This thing seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I have my own reasons for not trusting an appearance like this, But something made me grab it off the ground before I got on the bus.

I am a bit mystified, and kinda freaked out. Anyone got any ideas?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
I had an awful, awful day today. While coming back from this disaster, I got to a bus stop to go home. I was back and forth from the stop, throwing out various items (the Gatorade bottle was last to go), and because I was about to fall asleep on the spot, up, down, sat staring at the ground, etc. The bus was due to finally show up, I happened to look back, and *right* exactly where I had been sitting, all shiny and new (which, for a 2017, is just damn odd) was a one cent piece. I looked at the exact piece of ground after downing that Gatorade, which was completely disgusting, and made my stomach upset. I didn't have any change on me at all. This thing seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I have my own reasons for not trusting an appearance like this, But something made me grab it off the ground before I got on the bus.

I am a bit mystified, and kinda freaked out. Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah...your next Gatorade will be a penny LESS!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Not after that one. Ew. I'd rather drink the contents of a car battery.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It has been said that the “departed” will sometimes leave a “penny from Heaven” for those they left behind as a gentle reminder and token of affection.

Just saying.
edit on 16-3-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Leprechauns !

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
It has been said that the “departed” will sometimes leave a “penny from Heaven” for those they left behind as a gentle reminder and token of affection.

Just saying.

This is what I thought of too.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, finding a cent on the ground is alot better than a kick in the teeth... I suppose.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

But, I have no departed people I know of. Which makes it even weirder, if it was that.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I find cents all the time. I usually leave them, as it's not worth the effort to pick them up.

This thing *appeared* out of thin air.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's the funniest story I have ever heard. It reminded me of the time I was held captive in a convent for buying cigarettes for my cousin who was a Nun there. Mother Superior caught us and needless to say, she wasn't too happy. Likely preoccupied. It all came after a Bus probably much like you were waiting for had skidded on some spilled lamp oil which made the cobblestones slippery, and the buss careened into the hedge there. Mother Superior was understandably distraught since the hedges had been there since the times of the Norman Conquest.

But I digress..... cool find ! If it wasn't raining pennies from heaven, then just who might of put it there ? I'm guessing it was demonic. I would go back and put it right back where you found it.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Pennies don't come from heaven. There is no bus stop fairy.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

At least ...finding a penny is supposed to be good luck. So...Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There is no bus stop fairy.

My mom always said on every bus there's always one weirdo!...I couldn't find him!

edit on 16-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Your mom was right, sort of. They ride the bus when its cold or raining and they got no place to go.

So its either the underpass, the rain and cold , or a warm bus.

Tell her they look 'weird' because they are poor.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Your mom was right, sort of. They ride the bus when its cold or raining and they got no place to go.

So its either the underpass, the rain and cold , or a warm bus.

Tell her they look 'weird' because they are poor.

Damn maybe I told the joke wrong

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Just be glad someone didnt epoxy it down as a prank on you.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Pennies don't come from heaven. There is no bus stop fairy.

I wasn't expecting one. It does remind me of when I found 2 crisp $100 bills in 2 very different locations last winter. One was behind a bush by a building, one was in a grocery store, in the middle of the floor. About 5+ miles separated the 2 places.

Then, I opened my big fat mouth, and never found another.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Just be glad someone didnt epoxy it down as a prank on you.

It wasn't there the entire time I was puttering around the stop, and no one was near the stop, on the sidewalk, or anywhere else. I looked square at the spot it appeared, like I said, thanks to the nasty gatorade I had drunk. There was nothing but concrete, until I got up to get on the bus.
My face was about a foot from the spot, and if I had seen it during then, it'd have been another dumb 1 cent piece. Nothing of importance at all.

Besides, the jerks like to epoxy quarters and half dollars when they do that.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

At least ...finding a penny is supposed to be good luck. So...Good Luck!

supposedly they are only good luck if they are face up ..if they are face down you flip it over and leave it for the next person.....so someone told me once
edit on 16-3-2018 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 16-3-2018 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Mannah from heaven takes many forms. Mostly though you just get what you need.

edit on 16-3-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join