It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... *this* happened....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Proof it's all BS...

When, in Canada, we got rid of the penny, the saying and superstition quickly became "dimes from heaven".... How the heck did all the Canadians in "heaven" get the memo about the currency update?

Giant. Eye. Roll.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It's too late, once a penny picked, you're nicked.

All they can do now, is draw a pentagram (if you have no pens, use pencils, a pencilgram) and mark it around the edge with salt circle (Himalayan rock salt works best, pink) and recite

LOO-KAH-LAH EE EE-KEH-ZAH-HEH-KEH-AH-LAH BABAGE Y EDLPRNAA BAH-BAH-GAY EE EH-DAH-LAH-PAH-AHR-NAH-AH RA-AS Y BATAYVAH RAH AH-ESS EE BAH-AH-TAH-AH-EE-VAH-HEH OD SOBOLN Y RAAGYSOL OH-DAH SOH-BOH-LOH-NAH EE RAH-AH-GAH-EE-OH-ESS-LAH MYKMA VNAL YALPOR OYVEAE MEE-KAH-MAH VAH-NAH-LAH EE-AH-EL-POH-RAY OH-EE-VAY-AH-AY DS BYAH ASPS O NOKO DAH-ESS BEE-AH AH-ESS-PAY OH NOH-KOH.

then spit on the coin and toss it outside of the circle. Wait for Satan to arrive and collect it, and then when he returns, cleanse yourself with parsley, gather up the salt and put it in a ceramic jar, bury it 100 yards from where the circle was made, and then avoid that bus stop forever more.

The ol' devils coin trick.. gets people every time.
edit on 17-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pennies don't come from heaven. There is no bus stop fairy.

sure there is...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

This thing *appeared* out of thin air.

For all you know, it appeared out of thin air.
Since you did not watch it appear out of thin air, you can't say that it did.
It may have fallen out of the sky, which has occurred before, according to Charles Fort.
A dragon may have snuck in and placed it there while you were throwing trash away.
Many things may have happened. It may have been there for hours before you arrived and you simply didn't notice it.
I remember one time my wife and her friend went shopping and her friend's husband and I stayed at home and watched football.
They came back wearing huge and gaudy earrings. The other husband and myself never noticed the earrings, even though we have looked the ladies in the face numerous times in the THREE HOURS that they had been home after shopping.
They finally made us look at their ears and gave us a real ration of crap for never paying attention to them.
You were admittedly tired, so I think it may have been there the whole time, you just didn't notice it right away.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

A dragon may have snuck in and placed it there while you were throwing trash away.

Dragons do not meddle in the affairs of mere mortals.

Unless OP can speak dovahzul... in which case

het kuz daar kerf. sov nii voth onikaan.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: intrptr

Proof it's all BS...

When, in Canada, we got rid of the penny, the saying and superstition quickly became "dimes from heaven".... How the heck did all the Canadians in "heaven" get the memo about the currency update?

Giant. Eye. Roll.

Whose face appears on the coin? Render unto Caesar...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Bet you can't fit in your nose.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Not after that one. Ew. I'd rather drink the contents of a car battery.

At least ...finding a penny is supposed to be good luck. So...Good Luck!

supposedly they are only good luck if they are face up ..if they are face down you flip it over and leave it for the next person.....so someone told me once

'Heard that too.. At least you're 1 cent richer!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i felt bad so i threw it there
jk

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
During those days that I always stayed late at college, I always had to have exact change because the bus service didn't give change nor used smart cards. This one night I was short of just under one pound. So, I'm deciding whether to go to the bank, then the shops to get some money, when I walked past the vending machine on the ground floor stairwell. Right there between the vending machine and the wall was a pound coin. The only problem, was that I couldn't reach to get it. Nor could I move the vending machine. Tried using a rolled up magazine, but that didn't work. Nor did using a sheet of newspaper Then I saw it, a one meter long ruler. Slid it under the vending machine and managed to flick that coin back into the hallway and watched as it rolled along the corridor until it started to spiral and fall flat. Managed to grab it before anyone else saw it. That night I managed to get home thanks to a little coin that somebody has lost.

Apparently, it was perk for the janitor to keep all the small change found under the vending machines. Since then, I've always looked for spare change under vending machines whenever everyone else has gone home.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The US doesn't have a penny though.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The US doesn't have a penny though.

We still calls them pennies, guvna.
Oooohhhhh!
I get it now, hahaha!
It went over my head at first.... or around it anyway.
You are correct.
edit on b000000312018-03-18T08:41:28-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 18 Mar 2018 08:41:28 -0500800000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join