It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stan Friedman is Retiring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
It's about time this ultra left moron retired.. www.nytimes.com...

I think you are getting a bit mixed up with the name of the person in the link you provided, and the man this thread is wrtten about.
Smh.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

originally posted by: Gothmog
Enjoy the time off Stanton
Although I wasnt a huge fan (you shot down some of my most favorite stories including Bob Lazar)
You have my respect and well-wishes.
Journey on.

Well said .
I will say Stanton lightened up a bunch on Lazar in the last couple of years.
I’m at 35 years of UFO interest and I believe Bob, The Roswell story and Astr0.
on another note I dont think Stanton is Ultra Left probably just Canadian

This was long ago and a galaxy far , far away...
When I believed...

(post by Lathroper removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I recal him as a guest on the show.

May he have a happy retirement.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Wow, that is some strange magic going on in that article. Here from the article:

In addition to Mr. Friedman, those found guilty were Lester N. Shafran, the former director of the Parking Violations Bureau; Michael J. Lazar, a real-estate developer and former city transportation administrator, and Marvin B. Kaplan, the chairman of Citisource Inc., a company chosen to manufacture hand-held computers to issue summonses for the parking bureau. Mr. Kaplan was also found guilty of having perjured himself while testifying before the Securities and Exchange Commission last February.
Judge Whitman Knapp, who presided over the trial, scheduled sentencing for March 1 at 10 A.M. Lawyers for all four defendants said they would file appeals at that time.

Though that story is completely different, but look at the last names involved (bolded by me for easy to seeiblity). What are the odds?

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Good!

Good riddance! He was a major force in ruining ufology. He didn't contribute anything but bs. I hope he is abducted and anally probed, something I'm sure he'll enjoy to the max. His new cavity would match his mouth's.

How was he a major force in ruining ufology? The manor forces are the hoaxers, the scammers etc

Every time I saw Stan go up against debunkers, he always came on top in most of them.

Waiting for "he done it all for money reply" lol

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I've been following Stan since he first started in 1967. The one thing you can say about him is that he has never wavered or deviated in his admittedly old-school message. He has also never been involved in any kind of proven hoax.

I know someone who knew Stan in the early days.

She describes him in one word - in capital letters: TENACIOUS

According to her, he was the Real Deal - - like an old time crack reporter. If he even got a whiff of some lead or info - - he'd show up on your doorstep.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I know Stan casually.

He is one of the nicest men in the field, and in a very small group dominated by huge egos, he is a rather humble man.

Has he been perfect with his research and record? I'm sure he'll be the first to say that he's made mistakes. I DO believe that he's treated the subject with the professional respect and caution it has deserved and done the legwork many weren't willing to do.

I say this while fully disagreeing with him on Bob Lazar (another friend). Stan is someone that it is easy to just announce topics of agreed disagreement and focus upon the areas of common interest.

I think that ufology benefited tremendously from his work in Roswell alone, never mind the abduction field that he focused upon later in his career.

But, whether you agreed or disagree with him, he was the consummate gentleman who prepared hard and was good to the people around him. I hope you enjoy your well-earned retirement, my friend!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Good!

Good riddance! He was a major force in ruining ufology. He didn't contribute anything but bs. I hope he is abducted and anally probed, something I'm sure he'll enjoy to the max. His new cavity would match his mouth's.

I don't care what you feel about what he did or didn't do for Ufology. Your "hopes" for him demonstrate the type of person you are, and it doesn't surprise me in the least you wouldn't appreciate a person like him, for he'd never write something that vitriolic, sophomoric and smug.

For someone so homophobic, you seem quite centered upon certain visuals.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

It's about time this ultra left moron retired

"Ultra left"? Seems like that's the worst insult one can make on ATS these days. But what does political ideology have to do with UFO's, anyway? Approximately zilch, IMO.

It's actually the highest compliment.

Take a look around at who fires off shots like that.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
You don't consider MJ-12 as a hoax then?

Why do you believe it was a hoax?

I read his book, Top Secret/Magik decades ago(I think that's the name).
He says he received the microfilm anonymously on his doorstep which is what I'd say if I'm hoaxing but I trust him for some reason.

If it is a hoax I think he fell for it rather than orchestrated it.
Like the documents Bill Cooper was "allowed" to see when he was in the Navy.
The conspiracy isn't to hide aliens, it's to make people think they're hiding aliens.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The MJ12 papers microfilm appeared in Jaime Shandera's mailbox (not Friedman's) in late 1984. I do believe the papers to be a hoax. To go into details would be to take this thread off topic. Suffice to say that Bill Moore was working on a 'fictional story' about MJ-12 in the early 80s. He also had proposed to another researcher that introducing some faked documents into ufology may help out some people. Even Stan himself has only maintained that 3 or 4 of the papers are not hoaxed.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why did South Park come to mind while reading your post?

Cartman: Rainbows? I frigging hate those things!
Stan: What's to hate about rainbows?
Cartman: Well... you know. You'll just be sitting there, minding your own business, and one will come marching in, and crawl up your leg, and bite the inside of your @ss, and you'll be all like, "Hey! Stop biting my @ss you stupid rainbow."
Wendy T: Rainbows are those colors in the sky that comes out after the rain.
Cartman: Oh! Rain-BOWS! I guess those things are alright.

Thanks for the laugh!

a reply to: Guyfriday

You missed one.

The 12 jurors, their expressions grim, delivered the verdict at 11:11 A.M. after deliberating for three days on the eight weeks of testimony and argument in the case.

(NYT article)

That is crazy JuJu right there! Completely unrelated but not at the same time! Good catch!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I wish him a long and happy retirement.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm hoping Stan will be a future poster...here on ATS.

I enjoyed conversing with Stan on his ATS interview.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I'm hoping Stan will be a future poster...here on ATS. I enjoyed conversing with Stan on his ATS interview.

He seemed like a pretty tough-skinned poster on the old UFO discussion list (damn, I can't remember what it was called).

Sure. Drag him over and he and Jim Oberg can beat up some people. Maybe even me.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The MJ12 papers microfilm appeared in Jaime Shandera's mailbox (not Friedman's) in late 1984.

My bad, I'm a lot rusty. (I remembered microfilm at least
)
Thanks for the info, I'll have a look.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join