It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sad to hear this news I know he endured a long struggle against that illness.

Some already speculating if his death wasn't coincidence because he was supposedly bring certain things to light. Well he now lives on in the light exploring what he always wanted to know.

Have a good flight out there in the universe. .

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Amazing life, now the journey of the unimaginable begins....RIP

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Brilliant mind, Hawking will be missed. We were lucky to have him!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

RT states " he said that humanity only has about 100 years left to colonize another plant if it wants to survive."

I wonder what plant that would be ?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
RIP Mr Hawking. Safe travels or your next adventure!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

What a great conspiracy thread for ATS, ... Who "dissapeared" Stephen Hawking, and what is it they are trying to keep from us???

edit on 3/14/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

That's too funny!!

...and too easy!

LOL!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A big fan of his stuff, most of it over my head though.

Since this is a conspiracy site, I can't help but bring up one about him that I heard some time ago. It was claimed for the last 20 years or more, he was just a puppet. In a literal sense. At one time he was a brilliant man, but for the last years, he was not much more than a shell in a chair. The words he "spoke" were actually sent to his computer by someone else somewhere. Another physicist perhaps, passing off ideas that would be more readily accepted if it came from Hawking.

Food for thought...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, I don't dare to say anything about this before some evidence that this might be possible comes to light

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

well he may not have found the theory of everything , but at least he is free and we wont forget his contribution
as our entire species stands on the shoulders of giants !
and thanks to stephen we have seen further to the horizon than we have done before

edit on 14-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: CaptainBeno I broke down in tears tonight hearing the news. And doing so right now. This man helped shape the world with his wisdom and knowledge. Thank you and god speed.

Why are you sad? The guy lived 55 years longer than he was supposed to.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Thirty6BelowZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Gotta second this one... I was chatting with my buddies last night when the Twitter notification came through and I immediately said, "Hmm, Stephen Hawking died... Wonder where he's at right about now."

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sad day.

RIP

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
He was an Oracle, in a sense.

He was much more than a mere genius, he was a miracle of life.

RIP Mr. Hawking

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nothingness isn't so bad, certainly better than infinity in a Utopia where nothing bad ever happens, who'd want to spend eternity in such a facade... and it's highly unlikely such a place even exists so I'm sorry to say there's a 99.9% chance you will turn to nothing but dust when you die.

I'd want to. I'll take my chances with the .1% chance of it. In the end, we both win or I win and you lose. But I win either way.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
RIP sir. May you float forever on the high energy waves of the cosmos.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If Hawking was still a sentient being today I think he would be urging us to grab the popcorn and watch the murder investigation.

Strange I was just musing last Thursday if the states really broke free from British rule announced in 1776 after a Q post.

According to this theory if you were able to survive the freefall across the event horizon of a black hole you would only appear to be dead by the observers you left behind!

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 14-3-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Very few are born with such an awesome mind. And even fewer would have the ability to live with his condition for over 50 years and still be 'that' awesome.

A true loss for us. Everything to be gained for him.

RIP... from this world.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS

More to follow.

NEWS

We all crave answers to the big questions about what this all means, but he earned answers more than most of us. Glad he is finally getting them.

Lord what a brilliant mind. Happy travelling Stephen and thank you for sharing your insights with us mortals while you were here.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
RIP sir. May you float forever on the high energy waves of the cosmos.

If there isn't an offer from SpaceX yet or a go-fund-me page to finance launching his body into deep space (ideally in the direction of the nearest black hole) then there should be.

If anyone deserved the first honor of a space burial...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join