It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

but if it were to repeat that level genius would have been born 13 years ago as Steven was born in 1942 and Einstein died in 1955 when Hawking was 13 years old.

Maybe this is the one?
edit on 14-3-2018 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

No god =/= no soul

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PainGod

Exactly.

And your link, who knows, but if he was born on the 14th of March I'm sure the coincidence would raise a few eyebrows.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

He shed his earth suit and returned to his eternal unencumbered spirit body, as we all do.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

There is a huge difference bewteen book/test smart and real world smart. Hawking was a big picture person and was smart in all dimensions of thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
BREAKING: Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

Can't say I really care.

Flame away.

Who gives a flying ***k about you johnny?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Felt sorry for Him with the disease,other than that the guy was made into some super intelligent human being beyond comprehension.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
He was a survivor and he said his disability helped him along the way, to focus more. No matter his age and that, still too soon.

RIP

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Exactly.

And your link, who knows, but if he was born on the 14th of March I'm sure the coincidence would raise a few eyebrows.

Hawking died on Pi day and Einstein's birthday. It's also the 300th anniversary of Galilieo's death.
Well done.. Mr. Hawking.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
REST IN PEACE
you will always be remenbered!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
The mind.

Wonder one day if we can connect or plug in into the “network” one day even after passing.

I really hope not. What would you do if you were depressed and couldn't ever die again?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible

Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking

Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future, with the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded

All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

edit on 14-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Those whom are making comments about god, and hawking now will know there is a god.

You're being extremely disrespectful to this great mans intellect. You all always bang on about respecting beliefs, and when a good man dies, happening to be an atheist, you bang on about his beliefs and coming retribution.

I expected to see better sentiments here than on Fox News facebook comments.

They are tamer here, but all you theists speak as if you somehow have extraordinary evidence for the existence of god. Which you don't.

Respect the man for his humanity and contributions to humanity, and leave your theism at the door.

Rip Mr Hawking, thank you for your wonderful contributions to the intellect of humanity.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: myselfaswell

but if it were to repeat that level genius would have been born 13 years ago as Steven was born in 1942 and Einstein died in 1955 when Hawking was 13 years old.

Maybe this is the one?

Difference between years 1879 2018 =139=13

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

No god =/= no soul

You said

He doesn't need your prayers, he now knows. If there is a god, and he is merciful, then he will have mercy, is there any choice? If not then what are you banking on?

So if it isn't his soul who now knows, what is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
RIP Dr. Hawking.

Your photo will now adorn my office wall looking over my shoulder next to Dr. Einstein and Dr. Feynman.

So it goes.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, you posted him saying there is "no god" not there is "no soul".

Also my post said "if there is a god and he is merciful" which has nothing to do with what Dr. Hawking may or may not have believed.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Bigburgh

My links keep going corrupted and I put this thread in only 8 minutes after it was reported.
I don't know what is going on in ATS - but if you got it first - hats off to you.

RIP Hawking...

Was the movie about him any good at all?

Yes, it was (the hollywood movie). Matter of fact, watched again a little while ago. RIP Mr. Hawking, I am greatly saddened by your passing.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

His quote, "In my mind, I am free" keeps swirling around in my mind. Rest in peace Mr. Hawking, the mysteries of the universe are no longer mysteries.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
God speed Dr Hawking.
Always a great loss to the world when a person who became famous for REAL contribution to humanity passes away.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join