It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A g

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
The devil. A hard subject for many because it is true evil. All their mistakes, sins, terrible moments. But to me the idea of God/Devil/religion gets to me in a very intellectual way. Not to challenge its existence as belief. I was raised luthren. I personally think ego creates our religion.

What we expect sometimes becomes what we get.
It though is always on a leash.

For does not the flower need a stem?

Perhaps the devil is ego personified?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

originally posted by: anotherside
The devil. A hard subject for many because it is true evil. All their mistakes, sins, terrible moments. But to me the idea of God/Devil/religion gets to me in a very intellectual way. Not to challenge its existence as belief. I was raised luthren. I personally think ego creates our religion.

What we expect sometimes becomes what we get.
It though is always on a leash.

For does not the flower need a stem?

Perhaps the devil is ego personified?

exactly what i think. Id like to apologize im trying to control my thumbs but as ive stated i drink to drown out head stuff so i can sleep.

A g is short for "A god" it was a thumb error.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

Are you getting all metaphysical and poetical on us now or what? Like maybe you're saying we see what we are expecting to see or as Buddha said 'everyone gets what they want' (or something like that).

Apparently that is only from "Apocalypse Now" though I could have sworn it came from Buddha and have thought so for many years. The actual quote from Apocalypse Now is ' Everybody gets everything they want '

And now I just saw ' everybody gets what they want ' by sarah connor from ' the terminator '

That sucks because I have been living by that maxim for many years now. I suppose popular movies can be sources of wisdom too, in their capacity for reflecting and revealing themes dominant in the collective conscious. Or perhaps only my poo; as that sounds like a load of b.s. (maybe).

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
a reply to: yughii

Are you getting all metaphysical and poetical on us now or what? Like maybe you're saying we see what we are expecting to see or as Buddha said 'everyone gets what they want' (or something like that).

Apparently that is only from "Apocalypse Now" though I could have sworn it came from Buddha and have thought so for many years. The actual quote from Apocalypse Now is ' Everybody gets everything they want '

And now I just saw ' everybody gets what they want ' by sarah connor from ' the terminator '

That sucks because I have been living by that maxim for many years now. I suppose popular movies can be sources of wisdom too, in their capacity for reflecting and revealing themes dominant in the collective conscious. Or perhaps only my poo; as that sounds like a load of b.s. (maybe).

Look into syncromysticism. You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

look into syncromysticism. You hit the nail on the head.
a reply to: anotherside

Gotcha. You know that one OP of yours about 47? Right after that ( like in a weeks time ) I noticed three references in t.v. shows about 47. They were always references to a negative or traumatic thing or set of things. I have no idea what the significance numerologically is. I suppose I should read the thread but I'm too lazy to shift over there right now just like I was too lazy to sign in and say something back then.

But I acknowledge the concept. syncromysticism.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yughii

look into syncromysticism. You hit the nail on the head.

Gotcha. You know that one OP of yours about 47? Right after that ( like in a weeks time ) I noticed three references in t.v. shows about 47. They were always references to a negative or traumatic thing or set of things. I have no idea what the significance numerologically is. I suppose I should read the thread but I'm too lazy to shift over there right now just like I was too lazy to sign in and say something back then.

But I acknowledge the concept. syncromysticism.

In syncromysticism jake kotze mentions "concioussness resonators". 47 is to me one of them used in all kinds of media. 4+7=11
In masonry it starts out with 2 pillars then 3 pillars.
Could be a numerological wink or nod.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

pretty good leonard cohen references there!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We are what we eat and we are what we believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join