It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for sanctions against South Africa?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil
Crazy how this brings out the right wing when it only concerns whites, yet are quiet when it is happening to other races. In fact they ignore it or say not my country not my problem.

Yet now it is their problem, gee I wonder why.

That's probably because right now you are seeing the hypocrisy of the left in white South African refugees vs non-white refugees from anywhere else.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Raxoxane

I was willing to listen until you linked the videos and who made them.

Lauren Southern

Lauren Southern is a Canadian far-right[5] political activist and Internet personality associated with the alt-right

Southern took part in an attempt organized by the identitarian group Génération identitare

Identitarian movement - is a European and North Americanwhite nationalist

Nothing but a group Neo-Nazis to spread false propaganda.

Why do so many people seem to read from the same script of responses?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Having lived in South Africa for a number of years working with the military, pre-1994, and seeing what has become of the country now, I think sanctions are long overdue. They were due pre-1998. When I was there the crime rate was quite low. Sure they had pipe bombs going off in Soweto and other townships, hell, we even had one near where we lived in Germiston and one in Thembisa near Edenvale, and there was the grenade attack in Katlehong. Back then, things were dealt with differently, more effectively and efficiently. Now there is a majority protected species, AA and BEE are abominations that seek the opposite of similar programs worldwide. AA and BEE suppress the minority and elevate the majority, which is directly inverse to say Affirmative Action in the US.

It seems like the white south africans are almost like royal game, killed out of hatred and sport. The farm murders are a good indicator of this kind of obscene behavior, but what do you expect. Little Nicky pulled the strings to make deKlerk the frontman traitor and it is all about money and resources. Look at deBeers, Anglo-America, Rand, Rio-Tinto, etc. It's a big bed, they're all in it together and the present/past politicians since 1994 are all benefiting from the kickbacks. The US and UK won't help with sanctions, they were the ones that wanted the south african economy collapsed in the first place to make it easier to move resources by graft rather than value.

Just let me know when the revolution starts, I always planed to come back through Botswana, but I might be getting too old for this stuff ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

Shilling for the SA gov eh? Anyway the guy you called a nazi was not being racist.

S A deserves a spanking with loss of aid and troops going in to help the farmers and shooting any who try to attack them.
Mandela dead 4 yrs and it already gone to crap.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You (South Africa) need to get some more attention to this. Breasts being burned off with blow torches? Babies being chopped up and boiled alive?

I don't pay much of any attention to "news" or social media - ATS (which I haven't been on as much as I'd like lately) and other people are my gateway to what's going on outside of my own little world, but this is literally the first I've heard of any of this. Some intensive social media campaign to bring attention to this, and with any luck, a celebrity to help spread the word. As much as it pains me to admit, this seems to be the only decently successful way to get a 'movement' going, or information flowing.

I'll certainly be looking more into it myself, and will do my small part to bring it up in conversation. Get the ball rolling downhill...

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

because they cant be reverse racist running. SA can they? Surely its just white nazis getting their just deserts right? SMH!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i am sorry for the horrors you are facing the un needs to stop this but they for most part are cause of this.
the only way i see this as stopping is if they threaten to seize dubeers mines because they will put a stop to it but it will be horrific as i beleive the former rulers gave a few of their nukes they claimed were destroyed to diamond industry as insurance.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Africa have been lost to racism and radical Muslims..

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Sounds like history repeating itself... except your people are on the losing end this time. You should leave the land and return to your homeland in Europe. Your child and grandchildren’s survival is more important than your pride.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
South Africa maintained the traditional commando system to deliver security to rural areas as police were ineffective at stopping or solving crime. The commando was basically a militia including both White and Black citizens, often former soldiers. Former SA President Thabo Mbeki decided to dissolve the commando in 2003 despite vigorous protests. While the commando did provide a vital service they also went too far in many cases assaulting innocent people. It was state-sponsored yet lacked the accountability of say police or military.

Here's a sample of what led to the dissolving the commando in just one province: www.hrw.org...
On the other hand it appears the commando was a vital part of keeping rural areas safe:

Agri SA Chairman Kiewiet Ferreira, a farmer in the central Free State Province town of Harrismith said: "We need commandos, and we see them as one of the backbones of the rural protection plan, without a doubt" He also pointed out that, in 1998, former President Nelson Mandela included the commandos in a rural security plan, and "encouraged farmers, especially white farmers, to join the commandos and help in rural protection". "If you [take into account] how many operations commandos have been involved in, under the police - more than 50,000 operations in 2001 and 37,000 operations in 2002 (most of them road-blockades, foot patrols, vehicle patrols, farm visits, manning of observation posts) - that's nearly 90,000 operations in two years," Ferreira said.

en.wikipedia.org...

The rise in farm murders (as reported by Afrikaners since police no longer keep record) followed the ending of the commando. Now it's up to the farmers themselves and any security companies they may employ which has become SA's biggest business boom. It's a very difficult situation with no easy answers as firearms laws have also become much stricter and require license from the police.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I wonder how the op is doing?

This really makes me question things very much.

Do you see what i see?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

the commandos were disbandedd to make it easier to kill the farmers who were dis armed. Thats the real reason.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

AND THE WORLD DOES NOTHING...

You are going to have to save yourselves. You personally.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Hi Dave,

I was just around the corner that day when the bomb went off at the taxi rank at the golden walk in Germiston.

We also had one go off behind the shopping mall in alberton but it detonated prematurely and only the bomber was killed.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I'd rather have SA whites brought to America than Somalia goons!

Save the whites!

Here I thought neo-nazi BS was banned from ATS but your post proves otherwise.

Childish response. There's nothing neo-nazi about what I said.

SA Whites are hard-working, self-improving people. Most Somalians are not, as evidenced by their countries' economic status.

Just facts, kiddo.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
too those who say whites should go back to europe some of their families have been there for almost 500 years do you think all white people ,black people , latin people , and asian people should leave the americas? no? why not going by your logic they should. way i understand it this land was sparsely populated when it was first settled then after colonists build it up the zulu nation tried to annex them and the boers beat them back. the native africans migrated to south africa after it was industrialized. they should have made a right to bear arms into their countries laws firearm ban is now going to get them slaughtered because no goverment will help.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sanctions should be put in place but I doubt the idiot Dems in the USA will allow it without a serious fight.

We have a few SA staff in the company I work for, both black and white and all of them agree what is happening is terrible and not good for SA. This is why they stay in other countries to teach English because SA has no job prospects for them and now the white ones are scared to go back. Most told me they won't go home to see their families and one nice lady told me her family told her to say here in China where she is safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
can the NFL players take a knee for this racism

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
can the NFL players take a knee for this racism

If they do, will the owners let Kap play,will a lot of white ppl stop losing their sht???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join