It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for sanctions against South Africa?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
so my buddy just said no mass genocide going on. isolated cases of farmers being killed by their workers.

said black and white babies are killed cause some believe in Muthi(voodoo type medicine).. babies are raped cause they are told sex with virgins cure aids.

said you hear about something like that once every couple months.

he said isolated cases of torture in the farm murders cause of racism.

i told him what the OP said in this thread in many posts and he said those posts are not a lie but blown way out of proportion.

take all that for what its worth.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rax2Rax2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

just to be clear to everyone i was not calling you or anyone a liar. did not want to come off like that.

SA is huge. dont know where you are in relation to him.
he is in Durban. has family all around. mostly Joburg.

im just trying to inform people and i am trying to stay informed because i am going to be there.

edit on Sat Mar 10 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'd rather have SA whites brought to America than Somalia goons!

Save the whites!

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
and i am sorry but i tend to lean towards trusting my buddy.

www.iol.co.za...

pretty good news site for us westerners to look.

i talk to my friend a lot. i talk to some of the middle/upper guys at work who are from Durban. one is from Zimbabwe. well for him Rhodesia.

none of them ever talk like it is on the scale as posted in OP.
not saying they would but in all our conversations and me asking and them knowing i am coming(one helped fund it) i would have expected to hear if it was genocide style.

or not at all and the OP knows best cause she is there.

just trying to give all the info i have and my opinion as well

Roxx i wish you were gonna be around cause i liked you.

i was going to PM you some stuff cause i will be driving from Joburg December 7 so i was gonna see if you had any tips for a cool spot to stop

hang in there my friend

no disrespect intended at all

i dont know #. lets be clear about that

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I live in the US. Does anyone know if there is a way to sponsor a family that is at risk of genocide? How does one approach doing this?

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
I live in the US. Does anyone know if there is a way to sponsor a family that is at risk of genocide? How does one approach doing this?

i dont think so anymore.

my buddy wants to come here with his family. for different reasons. more about opportunity for his son.
i told him i would sponsor him/them to come here but he said that is not possible.

i have not researched it but he has.

i am pretty sure back in the day something like that would be possible but not now.

he said it is very hard for people to come to the US.
hard to explain but he said there is a lot of corruption down there and its just an impossible situation to get through.

he woks down there for my parent company. i am in ohio. he said he could come in if the company on this end handled it as a work situation with him eventually getting legal permanent status.
he said it wouldnt be hard that way cause the nature of his job. he is not like a busboy with no skills.

the company is not offering that not so its not possible.

he said to do it on his own it would cost thousands ans thousands of dollars US and it is not guaranteed.

so in long no i dont think you can

i was going to try to sponsor/house just his kid so he could come here and stay with us and go to school and # but its just not happening.

violence/genocide aside, white people down there are not in the greatest shape opportunity wise and especially if they are younger generation or with no skills.

he is a little older than me in his upper 40's. was in the army and through that way he became a metallurgist 20 years ago so he has a good job in tech where he is at but he said even with his qualifications if he lost his job he is #ed.

his son is 15 and said he has zero chances. its basically fast food and thats it.

said college is out cause he is white. the answer is pretty much youre white, # off.

crazy # for sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
and i am sorry but i tend to lean towards trusting my buddy.

www.iol.co.za...

pretty good news site for us westerners to look.

i talk to my friend a lot. i talk to some of the middle/upper guys at work who are from Durban. one is from Zimbabwe. well for him Rhodesia.

none of them ever talk like it is on the scale as posted in OP.
not saying they would but in all our conversations and me asking and them knowing i am coming(one helped fund it) i would have expected to hear if it was genocide style.

or not at all and the OP knows best cause she is there.

just trying to give all the info i have and my opinion as well

Roxx i wish you were gonna be around cause i liked you.

i was going to PM you some stuff cause i will be driving from Joburg December 7 so i was gonna see if you had any tips for a cool spot to stop

hang in there my friend

no disrespect intended at all

i dont know #. lets be clear about that

I don't think every white person in SA is going to have the same intensity of experience regarding the racism. If you have something that is desirable, such as land, you will more likely be a target for the more extreme behavior mentioned in the OP.

No one is saying that every single person will have these horrible experiences, at least , not yet. Look into the Rwandan genocide to see how the cycle builds up. There were many people in denial right up to the moment the mass killings began. It's beyond our scope of imagination that one moment we can be safe and the next moment running from machete yielding murderers.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

like i said.
i dont know #.

im going with believing the person i know personally closest to it.

thats the best i can do.

i just know that no matter how you slice it the situation is not good.

i am eager, nervous, excited and scared by what i am going to see

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Its not ALL of SA either its in a particular region, I have a friend that lives in Johannesburg, and they arent experiencing the same thing, they DO get the racism from the black community but not the killings like they are gettign there.

Thats like saying that just because something isnt happening in Georgia, that its not happening in Alabama

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Racial issues aside any country threatening to end private property contracts by executive action is a danger to the free market. Economic sanctions are surely in order from the US as is withholding foreign aid. The right to property is a fundamental right that should remain protected in any free country.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
While I agree that rule of law should be atop of any ones list of priorities, I am disturbed by the casual mention of genocide of Blk ppl , over 10 folks liked or starred such a suggestion, remember the Herero were almost exterminated and let's not talk about the Belgian Congo under King leopard.
what this does is force me to take a more extreme posture...like Fk-it!!! bring it ,because for me the past weighs heavy , however I recognise bull# scapegoating for lack of a real plan, I'm a thinking man and can see that my posture is weak-assed as hell, we are talking about real lives here, so with that said hold the gov't responsible ,if the ANC is out of ideas about how to solve poverty among the vast majority of it's ppl..that's where the challenge lays.
edit on 10-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The new president there has declared that they will indeed confiscate the land from whitey. Then he stated that soon they will slit the throat of whitey.

(post by PapagiorgioCZ removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I was willing to listen until you linked the videos and who made them.

Lauren Southern

Lauren Southern is a Canadian far-right[5] political activist and Internet personality associated with the alt-right

Southern took part in an attempt organized by the identitarian group Génération identitare

Identitarian movement - is a European and North Americanwhite nationalist

Nothing but a group Neo-Nazis to spread false propaganda.

edit on 10-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
I'd rather have SA whites brought to America than Somalia goons!

Save the whites!

Here I thought neo-nazi BS was banned from ATS but your post proves otherwise.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Crazy how this brings out the right wing when it only concerns whites, yet are quiet when it is happening to other races. In fact they ignore it or say not my country not my problem.

Yet now it is their problem, gee I wonder why.

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think its sad that Canada and Europe rejected refugee status for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join