It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I am shocked we are not getting the old chestnut "the god of the old testament is not the real god" apologist stuff

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.;
5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

edit on 3-5-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

but every man a liar

Does that include the MEN who wrote your bible, or are they somehow exempt from the rules?

If “every man a liar”, that would make any bible a lie because they were written by men, who, according to your own bible, lie.

There are so many contradictions in christian bibles (and other religious texts) that I’m surprised anyone believes them.
edit on 452018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There are many English versions on the market I have at my fingertips 14 different English versions. Not one of them agree with the other. The NIV has four versions alone and they are working on another version. The ASV and the NKJV are so similar I would say the latter is just another edition of the ASV. There are three versions I have in English that have the word English in their Title. There is the Bible in Basic English (BBE), the English Standard Version (ESV) and the World English Bible (WEB) and these three are not the same.

But there is something that the AKJV has that all the other don't. It has ALL the WORDS, PHRASES, TERMS, SENTENCES, VERSES, SECTIONS, and CHAPTERS IN IT.

Now that is a truth many don't realize about the AKJV.

Not only that, another thing it has is when the Translators did their best to make the English translation so they had to add words to the text so it would be simple and easy to read. So as to let the reader know what they had added to the Scriptures they put all the words they added in ITALICS. This way the were truthful and accountable to men and God for what they added, for there were three times in the Scriptures they were translating, warnings about adding or taking away words from the Scriptures.

So, if they left all the WORDS, PHRASES, TERMS, SENTENCES, VERSES, SECTIONS, and CHAPTERS IN IT so nothing was taken away, and they ITALICIZED ANYTHING THEY ADDED, then this group of translators were the most honest and truthful men when it came to the AKJV translation, compared to all the other men who made versions in English since the 1880's.

edit on 4-5-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So your book, just like all of the other books, don’t agree with each other, but somehow, your book is correct?

Still, all those books were written by men and, as your book says, “but every man a liar” so they lied in that book too.

Either “but every man a liar” or they’re not. If they are, your book is a lie written by liars. If not, then your book is a lie by stating that.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I prefer the Gnostic Version.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Well, knowledge(gnosis) is needed in order to do things correctly. So in the case of Biblical knowledge(gnosis) that is the mind of Christ.

1Cor 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

But how do you know that’s true?

Remember, “but every man a liar”. So it’s likely all lies by men. Unless your book lies. Can’t have it both ways.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Oh now you are using gnosis
You got annoyed when I did, but its ok for you too? But back on topic.

How do you know what you said was true? How do you know there are not other truths?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

How do you know what you said was true? How do you know there are not other truths?

Come now. You know the answer to this already.

The answer is “Because bible”.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

But which bible? The Catholic is longer, the Protestant shorter, his "preserved word of God blah blah blah"etc. Then there are all the denominational changes. Should it be in Latin? Greek? Hebrew for old testament? Modern English? Middle English? German? etc etc

Its a very varied, badly edited book.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Whichever one they idolise.

It’s actually funny. These religious folk who say they follow their bibles (pick one) completely forget what’s written in it. Specifically about idolising and not to do it, like so many “christians” do.
edit on 652018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
God is God, and he's taken care of business, so anyone who stands before him tries to call him to the carpet, will be cut down to dust.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You of course can prove this right. Because by my reckoning, and decades of spiritual experience, there are many gods, and little Jehovah is not predominant. An Morrigan has more pathos and Flavour, as do Mr Wednesday, and An Dagda.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
God is God and you are you. Do as you want until he comes to clean house and get rid of the UN and sets up his kingdom of heaven on earth forever.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
God is God, and he's taken care of business, so anyone who stands before him tries to call him to the carpet, will be cut down to dust.

I call your petty god down to the carpet.

Nope. Still here and not dust.
edit on 752018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
God is God and you are you. Do as you want until he comes to clean house and get rid of the UN and sets up his kingdom of heaven on earth forever.

When’s that going to be? Sick of waiting for someone’s god to come and do what people say they’re going to do.

It’s almost like men have lied to control other men. Just like the book you worship says.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So this god of "love" will clean house? Oh and the UN is the problem? I don't remember the Bible. Also only some folks get to have heaven on earth according to revelations. You really should wonder if you are going to be one of them.

My self, being part of a non apocalyptic, but rather cyclical spiritual path, your little death cult is bland
Your god has not stricken me down, his "only begotten son" is running really late (you should really read your mythology a bit better, he is running very late, as if, he's nothing special).

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am shocked he did not include FEMA in this. All the wingnuts do

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I am shocked he did not include FEMA in this. All the wingnuts do

True.

I personally think his god will appear just after a bill is passed on fictional, impractical firearms

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join