It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

The LORD God is the God of all the earth.

This is very important understanding for the UN.

You said your god was the god of Israel. Now your god is the god of all the earth?

How do you know that though? Can’t be becauwecof your bible, because it’s written by men who lie.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well, we can very easily see your freewill was not taken away by your response.

because my rights are man given, not god given.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Making it a larger sized font, does not make it so. Your deity is a regional deity nothing more. He is a Storm god at best. Also the deity in the old testament behaves differently than his proxy says he does in the new.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redchad

There was one thing in the Epic of Gilgamesh that always just didn't click. The story about how Adam sent his sons back to find the garden of Eden to get from the fruit of the tree of everlasting life. It just didn't match up with all the other tribal myths of the world not even the Bible. It was clearly made up after the flood, and it was not found in any other societies to be collaborated as was the Bibles stories as you call them of the first couple, the flood, and the longest days/nights/middays/sunset/evenings While the tribal myths and legends do support the bibles historical facts not one supported that fallacy found in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

edit on 16-5-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well it might not click with you neighbour, but gien the epic of Gilgamesh is from another Semitic culture, a much older one than the Israelites, you get a different version. Just as the various Indo-European peoples have similar but not identical myths (sorry your bible is a grouping of Myths not fact). If you understood comparative Mythology, you would under stand that.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If anyone is worth their salt they know that almost every major religion was started by a person of the Shemite family line.

But the Epic Gilgamesh leaves to much uncollaberated Historically that is is unreliable as fact. But the AKJV Bible is being proven true from not just history but archeological finds as well. Right down to Current Money correctly translated n the AKJV when they found Canaanite coins dating back to the time of Abraham.

God is God because only he can preserve his word to every generation forever. PTL!!!!

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Again with your Abrahamic bias. Buddhism was not started by any Semitic person. Nor were the Vedic faiths. That is a large chunk of the populace right there.

Your bible does not gel with history. No matter how you try. You are living your faith, fine. But it is not proven to be the only truth out there. Or to even be true.

There are many Gods, your badly edited book even admits that to be the case.

Síth co nem.
Nem co doman.
Doman fo nim,
nert hi cach,
an forlann,
lan do mil,
míd co saith.
Sam hi ngam,
gai for sciath,
sciath for durnd.
Dunad lonngarg;
longait- tromfóid
fod di uí
ross forbiur benna
abu airbe imetha.
Mess for crannaib
craob do scís
scís do áss
saith do mac
mac for muin,
muin tairb
tarb di arccoin
odhb do crann
crann do ten.
Tene a nn-ail.
Ail a n-úir
uích a mbuaib
boinn a mbru.
Brú lafefaid
ossghlas iaer errach,
foghamar forasit etha.
Iall do tír
tír co trachd lefeabrea.
Bídruad rossaib síraib rithmár,
'Nach scel laut?'
Sith co nem
bidsirnae

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Great I think were getting somewhere, if you accept the flood story in Gilgamesh which you really have to because 1200 years later someone puts it into your bible. You must therefore accept the Enumah Elish creation story as part true! Because same again it mentions the Gods as does your bible. This isn't a wrong translation they both mention Gods. So not sure how you convert this into the one God?

Round pegs into square holes! sorry doesn't work, but you know what? you're so indoctrinated that if archaeological or any evidence surfaced that challenged your point of view you still wouldn't believe it.

I'm not sure why you posted this thread?
"If God is God why?"

Because you think to know the answers so really your just trying to push your point of view onto everyone. Sad really

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

God is God because only he can preserve his word to every generation forever. PTL!!!!

But your god didn’t do it. Men did.

I’ll ask again.

Do all men lie or does your bible lie?
-If all men lie, the bible can easily be a lie because it’s written by men.
-If the men who wrote your bible wrote the truth, your bible lies by saying all men lie.

Quite the quandary the writers of your bible put themselves in.
edit on 1752018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They wrote about God.
Prolly the greatest story ever told.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

the same stories all have a common origin, at the time of the scattering of the people when United hey were building Babel. So it is not about accepting anything over the other, they both affirm the same story that is all, not that one made it up after hearing the other 1,200 years later.

Remember, Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible and the only way he got the correct info was from God. Remember again, he spent well over 60 says with the LORD face to face on a mountain top, and then wondered with Israel hearing from the LORD and additional 40 years.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
The scriptures that Moses wrote were under inspiration from the LORD, God Almighty.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The scriptures that Moses wrote were under inspiration from the LORD, God Almighty.

Are you sure?

If I’m not mistaken, Moses was a man and, as you confirmed, all men lie.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23409889]ChesterJohn[/post
Like I said you put round pegs into square holes you are brainwashed
I find it strange you comment PBL.
Because God displays remarkable callousness towards the human beings he kills. Throughout Exodus he directly controls Pharaoh's emotions in order to prevent him from letting the Jewish people leave Egypt to worship, thus leading down a path in which all of the first-born children of Egypt are murdered by God, and Pharaoh and his army are needlessly drowned to death. In other cases he manipulates the emotions of Israel's enemies in order to justify slaughtering entire tribes and cities. God orders genocide on several occasions and commands the Israelites to leave no man, woman, or child alive, such as in Jericho. He opens up the Earth and kills a large number of his own chosen people because he was jealous of another god they were beginning to worship. He killed who knows how many innocent children in Sodom and Gomorrah for the sexual perversion of their elders, and killed everything on Earth in the great flood except for Noah and the lifeforms he rescued. All of this was done out of pride, jealousy, or wrath, which are among the seven deadly sins, or else it was done simply because God was unhappy with humanity falling short of his image of them.

I'm glad your God isn't my God
edit on 18-5-2018 by redchad because: Spelling

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Attn: ATS friends and lookers, and enemies, I was instructed as much as possible to avoid and not to answer Noiden and Terrydon79 as they are not seeking to develop the OP but to derail it or attack me.

So I am not dodging them I am simply keeping to the Instruction of a ATS Admin for peace and unity of THREAD TOPIC.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
a reply to: [post=23409889]ChesterJohn[/post
Like I said you put round pegs into square holes you are brainwashed
I find it strange you comment PBL.
Not sure what PBL means can you clarify?

Because God displays remarkable callousness towards the human beings he kills. Throughout Exodus he directly controls Pharaoh's emotions in order to prevent him from letting the Jewish people leave Egypt to worship, thus leading down a path in which all of the first-born children of Egypt are murdered by God, and Pharaoh and his army are needlessly drowned to death. In other cases he manipulates the emotions of Israel's enemies in order to justify slaughtering entire tribes and cities. God orders genocide on several occasions and commands the Israelites to leave no man, woman, or child alive, such as in Jericho. He opens up the Earth and kills a large number of his own chosen people because he was jealous of another god they were beginning to worship. He killed who knows how many innocent children in Sodom and Gomorrah for the sexual perversion of their elders, and killed everything on Earth in the great flood except for Noah and the lifeforms he rescued. All of this was done out of pride, jealousy, or wrath, which are among the seven deadly sins, or else it was done simply because God was unhappy with humanity falling short of his image of them.

I'm glad your God isn't my God

Well, at least you think you know better.

I would say yes, the True and Living God, to whom all men are accountable is Holy, Righteous, Just, etc etc and by those characteristics he must do what a holy, righteous, Just God must do. I'll leave that between you and him.

Funny though, I have my proofs Allah is not Jesus, God in the flesh, the Word that is God and one with God. Allah's followers would deny every point of that.

therefore I find it quite rewarding to see that you have not brought this forward concerning "the god" of the Moslem, whose followers TODAY, NOT 2,000to 4,000 years ago, but TODAY have SLAVES, SELL SLAVES, Behead and kill innocent journalist, men, women and children around the world TODAY, who bomb innocent people TODAY, who drive cars, trucks and trash trucks into people TODAY, who raise and teach their children as young as 2 years f age to hate JEWS and AMERICANS, WESTERNERS, and their societies. Who are currently behind 99% of the terrorizing going on in the world TODAY.

Why don't you attack ALLAH with the same accusations, as you find in the OT Bible, towards the LORD God Almighty, Jesus Christ, the fullness of God bodily, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost who are one?

When you openly attack Allah and his followers, because they claim to be doing Allah's work today, then I may be more lenient on you.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You don’t have to reply or engage. We can all still point to the many errors with what you and your idol, sorry, book, says.

So, all men lie. Is that true, or is your book lying?

If all men lie, then your book is a lie because it’s written by men.
If all men don’t lie, then your book is lying.

Not to mention all the absolute lies in your book.

But religious fundementalist try and twist it and say science is wrong, while using an electrical device on the internet that has been developed by science.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I see you still use the derogatory turn “Moslem”, even after being explained (multiple times) that it’s a slur.

Typical double standard xtian.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I somehow missed this bit.

who drive cars, trucks and trash trucks into people TODAY, who raise and teach their children as young as 2 years f age to hate JEWS and AMERICANS, WESTERNERS, and their societies

So you hate christians now too?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lol you have to laugh! Islam isn’t as bad as your religion it’s worse, it’s a religion made up to compete with your own. At least you’re religion copied the main parts from an earlier belief system. Same as the story of Christ! Copied or stolen from an earlier belief system. In reality both beliefs were previously pagan. I take it from your post you are aware that there are at least ten other belief systems that pre date Christ by many years all with the same story born of a virgin, made miracles, changed water to wine, crucified, raised from the dead the son of god. How do you squeeze your round pegs into these square holes. I find it laughable that you even try.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Couldn't the earlier beliefs be a perversion of what was known earlier and the Bible got it correct?

It doen't mean that the Bible is wrong. Remember it is God who will preserve his word to every generation forever Psalm 12:6, 7. Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible by inspiration for all scripture is given by inspiration of God, including the AKJV 2Tim 3:16.

All men including the calling out of Abram come from the same stock, same stock same stories for a the earlier civilizations, the fist was Nimrod, a son of Canaan, son of Ham. Who was going to practice a post-flood perversion of worship, and God scattered the three sons descendants to the wind and gave them different languages.

So over the years those stories later written or recorded before Moses could contain the errors. It always seems people always want us to think the Bible is in error, when in my belief it is the other way around, those earlier stories are wrong and the AKJV Bible got it correct.

The number one thing is to remember the oldest is not always the most reliable, even today's modern Bible scholars want us to believe the oldest TR are incorrect and want us to believe the latest documents Apleph, Vanticanicus, Alexandrianicus and the Siticanicus as truth and not the oldest. Funny how the oldest are considered to be true in secular or other religions but when it comes to the Bible the opposite is true.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join