It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

That is a quibble. Historical account implies historically accurate. It may be shown that it is not a record which matches the historical records surrounding it. Should that matter? No. I certainly do not wave the Lebor Gabála Érenn (for example) around as anything more than myths and legends which are important to my own spiritual path.

So I return to the fact. Someone who holds the Bible in the form of the King James to be the preserved word of God (thats a Gnosis) and historically accurate (again a gnosis), should be able to defend both of these. He has yet been unable to do so. Thus he would be a hypocrite to say attack Islam (as he does) or Paganism (as he has).

Thus I asked him for proof. You waded on in. Like a white knight. We all know what white knighting really is right?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Actually, there are differences between the very first edition of the KJV and later editions. It has changed since the first copy of the press. This video mentions how you can tell if you've got a first edition KJV or not (at 1:20):

I have a first edition of the 1611 KJV bible and I gave you the correct information in my above post to Noiden.

You are referencing the New World [JW] bible version of the rejected selected MSS of which your committee used. those MSS are highly rejected by most all Scholars of the KJV biblical MSS translators. The JW's used the KJV bible till their NT rendition was introduced in 1950 and the OT rendition was introduced in 1961.

"The New World Bible translation committee had no known translators with recognized degrees in Greek or Hebrew exegesis or translation... None of these men had any university education except Franz, who left school after two years, never completing even an undergraduate degree." Franz had stated that he was familiar with not only Hebrew, but with Greek, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and French for the purpose of biblical translation.
Unquote
Wikipedia

One man with two years of university education mastered 6 languages [no Aramaic] and translated the entire OT and NT with rejected MSS? I don't think you should go there.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

So I return to the fact.

As I pointed out to you in my other posts, you have no facts and no facts to return to. You are confused with the word implication. You need a good English dictionary to show your error in assuming the authors intent. The author did not key board the word accurate, in this conversation, and you cannot produce any evidence contrary to that fact. There is no need to be childish or insulting as everyone is wrong at some time in their life and in this case you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Neighbour, selective editing of posts is a sign of a weak argument.

Again you seem to be white knighting Chester here.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Terry if you can give me a AKJV Bible verse to support your claim then I might be inclined to rethink my position n the historicity of the Bible, and repent if necessary. But so far the AKJV Bible has proven itself to be an accurate source of past history when it wrote about it hundreds to thousands of years be fore thing actually took place in history. There are a bunch more historic facts that will only take place in future history. This is why many want to get rid of the Bible.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It is an act of faith in God preserving his word True, Pure and accurate in English today.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dcopymope

You will notice the word Holy does not show up until Exodus and it is not about any man or religion or culture is is about a piece of land.

So from Genesis 1 onward the the earth and the world system and man was never good or holy, until god claims such as.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

But the area in which God gave to Israel covers Babylon, UR, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, So Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the Sinai Peninsula, which will be part of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth along side the Kingdom of God, given to the Jews as a promise form Jehovah and will have his appointed King, Jesus Christ, ruling on the Throne of David which is located in Jerusalem. All this History is still waiting to be played out and the Bible will prove to be 100% Correct on this issues which are yet history/Prophecy.

I was quoting what the claims of men concerning the Gilgamesh Epic, it is not what I agree with or say it is. I don't think it goes any further back that 4000-3098 years BC (a mistaken key punch on my part I over looked in my previous post).

edit on 21-6-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Try reading your precious book and you’d know the verses they’re in.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

there is none. How about you read it and be familiar enough to know it so you can quote it. Here is you chance to convert me, find the verse that supports your view.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Obviously you don’t know your book if you claim

there is none

Or your being dishonest, like normal.
edit on 2162018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Obviously you don’t know your book if you claim

Obvious you know nothing about it either, because there is not verse to support you view. While I have accurate historical data that already backs up the historicity of the AKJV Bible and you can't even find that.

Isn't it time for you bugger off now?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Aww. Poor Chester.

What’s it feel like to not know your own book?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Faith is not fact. It does not need to be, it is an act of belief. Thus you can not say that based on an act of faith it is demonstrably true. Two different things.

Faith can't be proven.

Fact can't be an act of belief.

QED

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

For you maybe not, but historical support from actual history is.

You must remember if the Bible was written by unsaved me it would not have so many scriptures against man's ways, ideas, thinking, and religions.

You would do well to know what the Bible speaks the most about and it isn't Christians or Jewish spiritual or religious applications/

Once you read it again, then come back as tell me what it speaks more about.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

There is no "for me"If you say something is factual, then it is objective. Yet here you are you say its a belief. Beliefs are inherently subjective.

The Bible has had many authors of the various parts, in various languages, and subsequent translations and editions. It also has not been shown to be a particularly good measure of history. Specifically this applies to the bit that applies to Christianity. The new testament.

I have told you, that I have read the bible, in that I mean several versions. I've read the other Abrahamic texts too.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Faith is not subjective it is factual, just not to people who don't have any other than in themselves.

You do know the more you post your ignorance the more you make this thread the most active in this forum?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You really seem to be a wee bit out of it neighbour.

A leap of faith (an act of believing in or attempting something whose existence or outcome cannot be proved or known.)

You have to prove that what I post is ignorance neighbour.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The word of God stands against all who oppose it not I. Bibliaphopia is quite clear with all the assaults of the Bibliophiles that abound to pervert it to render it myth and legend. In so doing it is eliminated from judging them and leaves the matters of a mans life of godliness up to the dictates and whims of what may may feel is moral and upright and based on a standard that is not even trustworthy, man himself.

The odd thing about the Bible it is not one of many religious books because after reading it for many years it does not have a whole lot of religious application for me at all. I see a God that condemns man at every turn of his book. This book speaks more about a people that come from one man Abraham, through his son Isaac and then passed down to his Son Jacob.. He throws off Ismael and Esau like yesterdays trash.

He then show his racist head when he exults one nation, Israel above all others and then chooses out from that nation to have the embodiment of his son come from one tribe. And them from that one mans death he declares that all who believe on him and his bodily death and resurrection for Atonement and Life, shall be saved out of all the other so called good and godly men who don't agree.

He makes a mockery of all of men's feel good religions and services they attribute to him. the religions of every nation other than the one he chose that belief to come from. He speaks down about the religions of the world as false gods and false ways, and false means of attaining true enlightenment.

He says that even if the nations unite (UN) and come against Him He will give them over to that which they will believe, a man of sin, who is just like them. The son of perdition who will sit on the mercy seat and make himself God. He will cause those nations to encircle one City out of many in one country they were only recently brought back too, and he will perform 500 prophecies he wrote by the hand of Holy men, after the year 2018. He will destroy those armies with a sword in a moment in a blinking of an eye they will all lie dead and he will all the birds to come feast on those mighty men's flesh.

He then with a rod of Iron rule over the nations that are left of all of them for 1,000 years. A thousand years man will grow in his resentment and hatred for the one who sits on that throne in Jerusalem. They will secretly spew forth their hatred and guile and infect a whole new generation with not one influence from the Devil which will show mans true nature that not one of them can say it is any one else's fault. And at the end of that 1,000 years they will gather themselves again around that Holy city and God himself will destroy every last one of them.

Then in a moment he declares He and he alone will judge every man, woman and child who would not accept or believe in his chosen man from Books he has kept, the Bible as well will be there but they already have that history behind them, just as man today has much of that history that is found in its pages behind them. He will have the audacity to judge minds and hearts of every one from all ages, by his holy requirement they weren't able to keep and they refuse to believe that when he sent his son as a ransom for many because he knew they could not keep his Words, Laws, Commandments, Judgements, Testimonies, Precepts, Statutes, Ordinances and Ways. They will fall one by one because none of them are able to meet his righteous standard. The God seems cruel and vindictive but yet he logic and judgement is sound.

Then one this God rids this planet of the wicked men who destroy the earth, he will fold up the heavens as a garment and burn up the earth and create and new earth and a new heaven. An Earth that has no more seas, it has only one River and that from the throne of God does it flow and it is called the river of Life and it will flow in this new earth.

This God has the might to see the beginning from the end and he chose to do things his way, not by the ways of a man doe he act, but by his holiness does he do all things.

As pointed out in the Original Post of this Thread, if God knows the beginning from the end and fixes it before the end comes should not man act accordingly to that which he has shown, His love for the world. Yet a man will stand staunch against God as if God is the enemy. But it is man who has condemned himself by not believing in his son, and stand convicted by his own choice and not a choice of God

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
2Peter 3:9 ¶ The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Oh neighbour, I'm not God Fearing. That would be you. Your deity is of no moment to my day. The rest of your post is typical uneducated rehtoric. You can't argue the point , thus you try to divert the conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join