It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is God, Why. . . ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

What utter nonsense. But of course that is what you are saying about the OP so turn around is fair play.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

As always, showing why its utter nonsense is the best option. OR you could man up and say "I believe this is utter nonsense" and admit, you can't prove it. Again, this is a matter of faith. Yours, Mine, and Tzar's. Each is different, his and yours are not compatible however.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Because any king or god has an inferiority complex and must feel worshiped.

Time and time again history has proven that power corrupts. No matter who it is, where they came from, lineage, whatever. When given power, the temptation to exeise that power cannot be resisted. And anyone who comes against the one in power shall be dealt the harshest of consequences.... hell ring a bell for anyone?

I did not choose a god who will sentence to hell anyone, including those I call family, just for not thinking like I did. I will not choose a god who would send anyone to a hell of the likes described by the christian bible. I don't care what your sin, crime, or lack of whatever is. There is not anything one can do on this planet that a sentence of the biblical hell could earn.

Don't follow the christian god? Hell for you. Don't follow the muslim god? Hell for you. Don't follow the buddist god? Purgatory and reincarnation into the world of hell we all currently own? I don't know.

God always is and always was so they say. Where did God come from? Created himself? Not likely. Anything in this existence, no matter the realm, no matter the timeline, there is nothing outside of nothing. Nothing is omniscient. Only misunderstood and faking a claim to godhood.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

To be fair most polytheistic european faiths do not (or did not) have you sentenced to hell (or equivalent) for not following a certain deity. That was kind of the point. Choices.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Similarly an atheist will not condem you to hell for anything. As for the Buddhist path? They have no God.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

What utter nonsense. But of course that is what you are saying about the OP so turn around is fair play.

what noinden said. i am open to being proven wrong provided you can connect some dots for me.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I will do nothing that the Bible does not attempt to do. You see the Bible believes in God from beginning to end. God never tries to prove his existence or his works, he states them clearly in his word and he is and his works stand.

The problem is not my ability to prove you right or wrong, or to expound a thousand words of proof because it would be useless.

The problem is your hearts.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I will do nothing that the Bible does not attempt to do. You see the Bible believes in God from beginning to end. God never tries to prove his existence or his works, he states them clearly in his word and he is and his works stand.

The problem is not my ability to prove you right or wrong, or to expound a thousand words of proof because it would be useless.

The problem is your hearts.

gravity doesnt have that problem. chemistry doesnt have that problem either. or geology. or paleontology. yet they all have a problem with the narrative you provided. and your ability to prove them wrong is very relevant. but it sounds like you arent interested in debating the finer points of "why".
edit on 10-4-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Entropy is at work on all of that God has created for the time being. All the Sciences will fail and come to an end. The very nature of things you see in science had its beginning in God when he created the Earth as we see it today. But that which was before that has nothing in this world or in the Bible.

So you will only have a short time to wait and all your questions will answer themselves. What you do before that time comes will dictate your personal outcome. No Chemistry, Pathology, Paleontology, Physics, Ethnology, Theology, Geology or any other branches of science will matter at that time nor will it profit you or anyone else.

I only tried to answer the questions that were presented me and the reaction I have gotten from them.

1Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Entropy is at work on all of that God has created for the time being. All the Sciences will fail and come to an end. The very nature of things you see in science had its beginning in God when he created the Earth as we see it today. But that which was before that has nothing in this world or in the Bible.

So you will only have a short time to wait and all your questions will answer themselves. What you do before that time comes will dictate your personal outcome. No Chemistry, Pathology, Paleontology, Physics, Ethnology, Theology, Geology or any other branches of science will matter at that time nor will it profit you or anyone else.

I only tried to answer the questions that were presented me and the reaction I have gotten from them.

1Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

you should talk to more people who have questions. every time i touch this kind of topic, there are always more questions than answers.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The bible is incapable of believing in anything. It is an object. If you were to claim the writers (and there were a great many) of the bible believed in that diety, you might have a leg to stand on. However the physical bible? Not even a pantheist would claim a book believes in something.

You kepe making foolish statements like this.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Do you even understand entropy? Given you don't understand radio waves (GPS, WIFI, RFID etc) I doubt you understand thermodynamics.

Theology is not a branch of science, nor are several other things you listed.]

Again, I question if you understand anything your write.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

questions are natural in the mind, but when one continues to seek more and more they are not interested in truth, they are more likely looking fro a way around it. Ask Hawkins how that did for him. Oh, To Late he now knows for sure the existence of God and the answers in the OP are true. Ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

You had the natural knowledge of God and his truths educated right out of you, thereby leaving you in a state of never ending questions just like Hawkins had, the answer to one of his quests (a direction taken to answer questions), answered raised even more Questions. Just as when the Colliders where built to answer the Big Bang question left more questions than they were expecting to find.

Until you have an epiphany of God there will be no way for you to find and or accept any answer of God existence. You do know the same word Agnostic in the Greek, which many like o throw around as if it is some sort of enlightenment in and of itself, is in Latin know as Ignoramus?

If you want to KNOW for sure, you will need to seek that with an open mind to that which you seek. Jesus said, Seek and you will find". . .. If you are closed off to that which you see to know then you are not an agnostic. But an Atheist which mans you have far greater faith than I possess.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You however are very quick to point out, that words from other languages don't count. Or that the meanings change
Thus it must be assumed you will stand by your own standards here. Otherwise you will be being a wee bit hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
God is God and he had fixed all wrong but until an appointed time we still live in a fallen world.

Even so come quickly Lord Jesus.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

questions are natural in the mind, but when one continues to seek more and more they are not interested in truth, they are more likely looking fro a way around it. Ask Hawkins how that did for him. Oh, To Late he now knows for sure the existence of God and the answers in the OP are true. Ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

professor hawking is actively communicating with you from the afterlife? telling you in person what he has found beyond the veil?

You had the natural knowledge of God and his truths educated right out of you, thereby leaving you in a state of never ending questions just like Hawkins had, the answer to one of his quests (a direction taken to answer questions), answered raised even more Questions. Just as when the Colliders where built to answer the Big Bang question left more questions than they were expecting to find.

natural knowledge was his profession. and typically yes, the questions just keep coming. some people enjoy the hunt more than the kill. and then others enjoy shortcuts.

Until you have an epiphany of God there will be no way for you to find and or accept any answer of God existence. You do know the same word Agnostic in the Greek, which many like o throw around as if it is some sort of enlightenment in and of itself, is in Latin know as Ignoramus?

you clearly havent done any research on either of those words. which is a direct reflection of your research in general.

If you want to KNOW for sure, you will need to seek that with an open mind to that which you seek. Jesus said, Seek and you will find". . .. If you are closed off to that which you see to know then you are not an agnostic. But an Atheist which mans you have far greater faith than I possess.

jesus is generation z of theology.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I am a fool compared to you great wisdom.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But which god is he? Is he even a he? So many Gods, and people pick that one

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
IN case any wonder, for some ignorant reason, which god I am referring too, when I say "ig God is God". It is the Lord God Almighty, the One True God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Not one created in the image of corruptible man by mere sinful men.

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, . . .

posted on Apr, 24 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You mean the supposed “all loving god” who turns out to be vindictive, jealous and very angry? So “loving”, that it (supposedly) kills almost everything on the whole planet.

That god?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join