It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump likes the idea of a president for life.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Trump likes the idea of a president for life.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he thinks it's great that China's president now holds that office for life and muses that maybe the U.S. will do the same someday.
Trump's remarks were met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors Saturday at his South Florida estate. CNN said it obtained a recording of the remarks.
Chinese President Xi Jinping recently consolidated power. Trump told the gathering: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great." Trump added, "I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

www.yahoo.com...

How does this notion sit with people here? Do you agree with him? Do you think that we should just have one guy run everything until he dies?
I know at least one man who would disagree.
George Washington. Washington was so popular that he was pressured to keep being president but declined because he did not want to set the pattern of long tenure in the White House.

Trump apparently thinks otherwise, of was he just joking?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
At least you provided a link.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We are now at a crossroads of destiny.

We can either;

A) Rise up and fight certain tyranny. There will be blood spilt, lives will be lost. The nation may die. Millions will forever be changed.

B) It was a joke said in jest.

I'm thinking A.

When do you want to start shooting senators?

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

False dichotomy.

C) Realize that the president is a true jackass who is unfit for the office and should not be re-elected.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

False dichotomy.

C) Realize that the president is a true jackass who is unfit for the office and should not be re-elected.

Damn.

Well don't vote for him.

I might.

All depends on who is running.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, he "announced" but would you be surprised if he bails before 2020?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well, he "announced" but would you be surprised if he bails before 2020?

Personally?

In all honesty?

Meh.

My taxes got lowered and the ####ing mandate is gone.

I'm good.

So is my 403b and 401k.

As long as no one comes along and wants to raise taxes or take my hard earned, then I'm groovy. Baby.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So is my 403b and 401k.

I wonder how the Trump trade war might affect that.

While my withholding has indeed "given" me about $1600 for the year, I'm not sure it will cover my tax bill. I'll have to consult the new W4 calculator soon to make sure. I expect that I'll have to reduce my exemptions a notch, actually, to avoid under-withholding.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
He has his phd in trollery.

I'm not even joking.

He may be the actual court jester character.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why beat around the bush he may as well crown himself king... All hail Donald the first....

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So is my 403b and 401k.

I wonder how the Trump trade war might affect that.

While my withholding has indeed "given" me about $1600 for the year, I'm not sure it will cover my tax bill. I'll have to consult the new W4 calculator soon to make sure. I expect that I'll have to reduce my exemptions a notch, actually, to avoid under-withholding.

Dude?

I'm an engineer.

I have not a ####ing clue what you're saying.

My accountant said I did okay and I have to pay taxes this year.

Like I do every year.

But the Trump tax cut allowed me to increase my contributions by 6% without any noticeable effect to my paltry little pay check. So Now I'm up to 19% contributions which (I am told) is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The only thing trump is for life is a dam fool

That he could be for free. Just be himself.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Trump's trade war will affect the performance of your investments. You may not have noticed what the stock market did recently.

I don't see how the tax cut would increase the amount you can defer. In fact, on first blush, it would seem that the opposite would be the case. It's simple math but since you're an engineer I wouldn't expect you to understand.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Why beat around the bush he may as well crown himself king... All hail Donald the first....

Poor Sarah...I wonder how long she will put up with that dork and his asinine comments.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As it stands with the shape of the Democratic Party, I am all in favor of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Trump's trade war will affect the performance of your investments. You may not have noticed what the stock market did recently.

I don't see how the tax cut would increase the amount you can defer. In fact, on first blush, it would seem that the opposite would be the case. It's simple math but since you're an engineer I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I know enough to be in the bond market and not the stock market.

But other than that?

C'est la via!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

People just love his foot in mouth disease, it's so refreshing, so nice to have a president that speaks his mind, like literally every thought, I'm sure she is just loving every minute of it.....

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The left is incredibly easy to troll given they take every statement literally and can't parse between a serious statement and a tongue and cheek statement.

edit on 4-3-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Lol. I see this is the second thread on this.

Left gets trolled with next to no effort.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

The left is incredibly easy to troll given they take every statement literally and can't parse between a serious statement and a tongue and cheek statement.

Tongue in cheek?

More like his head up his rectum.
edit on 4-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join