It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea for Transgender Equality!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

He wants to wrestle the men. Now that he will be leaving the transphobic state of Texas, he will be able to.

Not one person on this entire thread has said anything Negative about trans people.

Lol. Consistently calling him a chick is pretty dickish, don't you think?

That's like thread about BLM saying "I don't have a problem with nig***s. I think they are just fine. I haven't heard one negative thing about nig***s in this thread!"

No it isn't.

You're implying that calling her "her" is an insult when it's really just the truth.

The n word always was and will be an insult, caling a woman her isn't, some folk just like pretending it is. Thee folks want everyone to conform to their worldview, to suspent reality and role play.

Again, it's that entitlement thing we covered earlier.

A racist would say the n-word is "just the truth", as well.

You do not understand the physiological component behind gender dysphoria. You are calling him a girl and he is clearly not. For a boy like him, who has to fight for his own identity on a daily basis, calling him a chick is most certainly a dick move. If you do it, you are a total asshole. Simple as that.

Well, no...no you're conflating two very different things.

That particular word was and always will be an insult, it is intentionally used as such.

Apparently calling some women "her" only really became an insult quite recently.

That's like me turning 'round tomorrow and claiming insult at my friend calling me dude. It was fine up to a point...and would require them to adapt to my new way of interpretation.

The meaning of the n word, as far as I can tell, has not changed. It is and always will be an insult and is intentionally employed as such.

What you're trying to do here is actually really manipulative and underhanded, you're trying to asociate anyone who disagrees with your world view with racists.

And it's absurd.

Calling a boy a girl has always been an insult. In fact, most insults that reflect weakness are named after women or typical woman-associated things. You "throw like a girl" "don't by a pussy" "what a #" "panties in a twist" "bitch", etc.

All of those things I could level at many in this thread but I don't. Because I'm not a jerk.

But not everyone agrees it's a boy...and you know that fine well.

You just can't handle that harsh truth. And so anyone who doesn't agree with it has don wrong from your perception.

you're basically trying to bully and insult people into agreeing with you, that's essentially what's happening here.

Nope. Again, you are doing that thing the snowflakes like to do now. Act like a jerk and then play victim when you're called a jerk. Same with people who think they are all about free speech then tell people to shut up when they react to their "free speech". Trump culture has become the epitome of snowflake culture.

Truth on this subject is something I (a person who has studied the topic in and out) and you (a person with an opinion that is uninformed on the topic) will never agree with. But being an asshole is calling anybody what they don't want to be called.

If somebody came up to me and said "Hi, I'm Bob", I'm not going to say "NO WAY, YOU ARE ROBERT, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ROBERT NO MATTER HOW MANY NAME CHANGES YOU GO THROUGH ROBERT"... because only a total dick would say that. And that is you and many others in this thread.

What does Trump have to do with it?

I told you, I'm not your victim, I'm not anyone's victim.

I'm not insulted, you're just being a hypocrite. Call me what you like, I'm simply pointing out the double standard, thats all.

I don't care about Donald Trump.

The snowflake is the person desperately trying to conflate anti-TG folks with racists, calling them dicks and assholes because said person refuses to kowtow.

If i were your victim I'd thnk or say whatever you instructed me to think or say. You couldn't hope to make a victim of me if your life depended on it.

I clearly have a stronger constitution than you. Insults are only hurtful if you allew them or want them to be.

Which is it with you, allowing or wanting?

Either way we all have a choice, I'll let you make your own while you continue to try and force me to make the choices you deem reasonable.

God, you're whiny. If you wanna call somebody something they clearly don't want to be called, you are an asshole. Just own it and stop whining when somebody calls you a jerk.

Okay then.

I dn't want to be called an asshole, I find it hurtful and insulting.

Doesn't that make you an asshole too since you've called me one several times?

Or don't these rules apply to you? I guess not...not that it matters.

I'm not really nsulted, I was lying.

It's a technique that I've developed.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

He wants to wrestle the men. Now that he will be leaving the transphobic state of Texas, he will be able to.

Not one person on this entire thread has said anything Negative about trans people.

Lol. Consistently calling him a chick is pretty dickish, don't you think?

That's like thread about BLM saying "I don't have a problem with nig***s. I think they are just fine. I haven't heard one negative thing about nig***s in this thread!"

No it isn't.

You're implying that calling her "her" is an insult when it's really just the truth.

The n word always was and will be an insult, caling a woman her isn't, some folk just like pretending it is. Thee folks want everyone to conform to their worldview, to suspent reality and role play.

Again, it's that entitlement thing we covered earlier.

A racist would say the n-word is "just the truth", as well.

You do not understand the physiological component behind gender dysphoria. You are calling him a girl and he is clearly not. For a boy like him, who has to fight for his own identity on a daily basis, calling him a chick is most certainly a dick move. If you do it, you are a total asshole. Simple as that.

Lol. Calling a woman a woman is justified because they have all of the characteristics of a woman, unless you want to change the concept of what a woman is. (Which seems to be the point of this movement.)

This is not the same as calling a black person....... that word. Unless you think that they have all of the characteristics that word implies. And i don’t think you do. So, you need this to start making actual sense. Reality isn’t accurately described with metaphors anyways.

I’m all for people doing what they want. I’ll fight for your right to do anything that makes sense, but if your narrative doesn’t make sense, people will continue to treat you like you have a disorder.

Not everybody who disagrees with your opinion is a transphobe. Some people just don’t want to be forced to accept your opinions, in the face of cold hard facts. Most people don’t want to be told what to do and which words to use. Personal fantasies should never trump facts, and if they do, only one of those things is an unmoveable object.

None of this means i don’t like you. I’m not bullying you, or teasing anyone. I’m not grossed out by trans people or gay people. I have met many people of many different orientations, and i can see that something sets them apart from the average person. It seems to have been going on in human culture for as long as we have written records, so i consider these different types of orientations to be a natural and expected occurrence.

In daily life, i am happy to refer to people as their preferred pronoun, but facts are facts, and wanting things to be a certain way is not the same as them being a certain way.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

edit on 27-2-2018 by Abysha because: Bigot member will bigot. Don't care.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A black person could bleach their skin, and get facial surgery, and claim to be white. Would they be in the wrong, if their skin and facial traits are now white? Perhaps calling them black would be offensive to them.

The problem with current transition surgeries, is at least that MTF they're not good enough, or so I've heard. I've heard you need to keep objects in the new organs at all times to keep them functional. FTM don't know if that creates fully functional organs. There's also the deal that bone structure will not be fixable without early childhood hormone therapy.

Too me it is just not possible yet, also the dependence on hormone replacement therapy means comes a societal collapse moment, the hormones won't be available many of the changes will revert.

A true solution would be brain transplants into new bodies. Bodies with all the adequate bone structure, the fully functional organs, the reproductive capacity, that generate their own hormones.

Also if anyone has heard of the WALL they know that youthful appearance is important to females, and the happiness of females is affected by their appearance and youthfulness. New bodies could be permanently youthful.

edit on 27-2-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You can call me a bigot if you want. The admin will prob take your side, what you can’t do is make a coherent argument for your case.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You can call me a bigot if you want. The admin will prob take your side, what you can’t do is make a coherent argument for your case.

If the admin here took any side that resembled modern polite discourse, they would enforce things like misgendering. Instead, they allow people to call people jerks when they act like jerks. Or bigots. I think it's a fair trade.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If the admin here took any side that resembled modern polite discourse, they would enforce things like misgendering. Instead, they allow people to call people jerks when they act like jerks. Or bigots. I think it's a fair trade.
I haven’t misgendered anyone. The lady in question is a lady. You are misgendering her. I have to side with texas. Very few people want to drop the distinctions between male and female. The politically left has championed this mental disorder in order to normalize it and smear distinctions all together. Hollywood and television have managed to normalize it enough to have doctors putting children on hormone blockers. Parents parade their trans kids around like paris hilton carried that little dog in her purse. Take a look at hollywood. Look at all the little boys in dresses. Look at the little boy who performs in the drag shows. He says. If your parents won’t let you do what you want, get new parents.

A practical fellow like me sees this as a complete breakdown of social norms brought on by allowing every individual’s fantasy to be treated as a right, and every one else being forced to accept it.

edit on 27-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I haven’t misgendered anyone. The lady in question is a lady. You are misgendering her.

Do you know what he likes to be called? A dude. Because he's a dude.

Do you know what Bob likes to be called? Bob. Because he's Bob and not Robert. You may know he was born "Robert" and you can call him that in your head if your own spider jerk senses force you to but you don't need to call him Robert anywhere else but in your head. To keep insisting Bob is not Bob is just being a jerk. By all means, ignore all of the experts on naming conventions and maybe even the judge who approved Bob's name change but, if you don't want to be called a jerk, don't call him Robert.

Because it's real easy to not be a total dick. Not being one doesn't mean you agree with him. I just means you respect him as a person enough to refer to him as he would like to be referred to. Just like any normal decent #ing human would do.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I haven’t misgendered anyone. The lady in question is a lady. You are misgendering her.

Do you know what Bob likes to be called? Bob. Because he's Bob and not Robert. You may know he was born "Robert" and you can call him that in your head if your own spider jerk senses force you to but you don't need to call him Robert anywhere else but in your head. To keep insisting Bob is not Bob is just being a jerk. By all means, ignore all of the experts on naming conventions and maybe even the judge who approved Bob's name change but, if you don't want to be called a jerk, don't call him Robert.

Because it's real easy to not be a total dick. Not being one doesn't mean you agree with him. I just means you respect him as a person enough to refer to him as he would like to be referred to. Just like any normal decent #ing human would do.
Do i get to dictate how you refer to me?

If I tell you that you must call me by a certain name are you then obligated to do so?Because I can think of some good ones that you’re probably not gonna like. You have to be careful when setting the rules to the game

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If I tell you that you must call me by a certain name are you then obligated to do so?Because I can think of some good ones that you’re probably not gonna like.

Yes! You can. If it's serious and that's your name you go by every day in life? Absolutely. I'll call you that.

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If I tell you that you must call me by a certain name are you then obligated to do so?Because I can think of some good ones that you’re probably not gonna like.

Yes! You can. If it's serious and that's your name you go by every day in life? Absolutely. I'll call you that.
But what if i pick something that doesn’t make sense to you or that you don’t think is serious? Or something that you don’t like?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

But what if i pick something that doesn’t make sense to you or that you don’t think is serious? Or something that you don’t like?

Is it serious and you go by it every day to those that respect you (or anybody who isn't actively being a dick)?

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I never realised how close the trans issue is to the religious issue. In both cases the individuals are making claims that cannot be proven, and actually seem to be opposed to physical observations.

On one hand, the claims themselves are erroneous and inconsequential to an unbiased outside observer, but in both cases, the believer insists that everyone accept their claims and change their lives accordingly. Both sides use shaming to manipulate others to have sympathy for their beliefs because logical arguments aren’t available to them. Sometimes they go as far as trying to pass legislation which makes it illegal to disagree with them.

Then you get situations where trans people are allowed to use steroids in competition. Or trans females start dominating in female sports and setting records that no actual woman ever has a chance of reaching.

There has to be a point where it makes no sense to continue treating this person as something they are not, because then these lines become meaningless. Do you want to smear the line between male and female? Is it worth getting rid of those distinctions so that you can pretend to be something you’re not? Do you really want people pandering to you like they do to my buddy who thinks he’s JFK?

I would like to live in a world where people speak truth to one another, even if it might hurt their feelings. you want to live in a world where Everybody’s personal fantasies are equally valid.

I like the world to make sense.

edit on 28-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I never realised how close the trans issue is to the religious issue. In both cases the individuals are making claims that cannot be proven, and actually seem to be opposed to physical observations.

On one hand, the claims themselves are erroneous and inconsequential to an unbiased outside observer, but in both cases, the believer insists that everyone accept their claims and change their lives accordingly. Both sides use shaming to manipulate others to have sympathy for their beliefs because logical arguments aren’t available to them. Sometimes they go as far as trying to pass legislation which makes it illegal to disagree with them.

Then you get situations where trans people are allowed to use steroids in competition. Or trans females start dominating in female sports and setting records that no actual woman ever has a chance of reaching.

There has to be a point where it makes no sense to continue treating this person as something they are not, because then these lines become meaningless. Do you want to smear the line between male and female? Is it worth getting rid of those distinctions so that you can pretend to be something you’re not?

I like the world to make sense.

So you won't answer your own challenge? Give me something to call you that you expect to be called by those that respect you (or who aren't actively being dicks). That was your challenge.

Your challenge.

As far as "treating a person as something they're not"? We're just talking about speech. Speech is the easiest foundation upon a person can avoid being a jerk. You want to think of Mack as a girl because it makes sense to you? Go ahead. But he looks like a dude, acts like a dude, is legally a dude... is it that hard to call him a "he"?

You mention religion. When I'm talking faith with a Christian, I don't believe in their gods. But if we are just talking about religion or every day stuff, I'll won't tell that Christian what I think of their gods or how they worship (which is probably pretty painful for many in that faith). I also tell them "Merry Christmas" when they say it to me. Because I'm not an asshole.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So you think everyones personal fantasy should be treated as equally valid?

Trans females should be allowed to compete against normal females?

Do you consider yourself to have a mental disorder?
edit on 28-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

So you think everyones personal fantasy should be treated as equally valid?

Nope. But I'll call people what they like to be called.

Trans females should be allowed to compete against normal females?

I'm not a sports science major. But should it be considered? Yes. Especially for those who began transition before puberty.

Do you consider yourself to have a mental disorder?

Lol. I keep logging in to ATS, don't I?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Can you refer to me as 'God' from now on?

edit on 28/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is that what you go by daily and expect your friends and family to call you?

PS Added Stuffs - You know what? # it. Of course I'll call you that. Only a god of your imagination would be so simple as you are. You are now "God" to me. Until I see you misgendering a person again. Deal?
edit on 28-2-2018 by Abysha because: # it

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Is that what you go by daily and expect your friends and family to call you?

PS Added Stuffs - You know what? # it. Of course I'll call you that. Only a god of your imagination would be so simple as you are. You are now "God" to me. Until I see you misgendering a person again. Deal?

I was joking.
I never misgender anyone. I call a man a man and a woman a woman. That's it.
The reason is simple - we run into all sorts of nonsense, like the one in this OP, when we try to pretend a man is really a woman and vice versa.
edit on 28/2/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

This whole thing is a thinly veiled attempt at shutting out people from the LGBT community.

1. We can’t let gays get married, it will ruin the sanctity of marriage

2. We can’t let gays buy wedding cakes anywhere they want, it goes against our religion

3. We can’t let trans people go to the restroom that fits them best, evil men might wear dresses and rape our children

4. We can’t let trans people compete, they’re doping and they’re CHEATERS!

The REAL goal here is to take down everyone from the LGBT community and make it harder for them to participate in society. These people have been shut out for decades. Once laws started getting passed to protect them, the conservative right has gone nuts doing everything they can to move things back to the glory days.

Dude, no. Men are built for war. You cannot let men compete with women. Period. Two completely different body types. There is no discussion, biology rules all.

This is from a female MMA fighter that got her ass kicked by a male claiming to be a woman.
“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because [he] was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right."
www.lifesitenews.com...
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago3005699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join