It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students w no life experience or full understanding Used to push CNN agenda? How is it ok?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If they can't win the argument, then they'll attempt to silence you with labeling.

*shrug*

It's like card tricks. The first time it's done, it's pretty impressive. But when you see it done every day, gets kind of boring.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So instead of mourning students are bussed around to protest an issue they don't fully understand?

What gives you the qualifications to assume a student can't fully understand an issue?

What has this once great Country been turned in to?

Right? I mean we get so unhinged and scream "the sky is falling" when people don't agree with us. Do you see the irony?

Students are IN school to learn How to approach an issue from All sides and use and practice critical thinking skills CNN and whomever else is pushing coaxing, and manipulating should be outlawed completely. HS students should be off limits for known propaganda outlets.

I bet you 20 gold dinars you simply cannot see the irony.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That must mean ATS is a haven for those on the Left while the Right must hide in the shadows never letting the admins know who they really are.

I constantly see the resident liberals bemoan about it being a "far right" (which typically is meant to say nazi) haven.

In reality, Democrat and SJW politics are just insane in recent years, and get picked apart by everybody...

Then the rest besides the politics themselves (the hysteria, the deceptive hit pieces, and everything else that surrounds them and TRUMP lol) is typically so over the top / tabloid / deceptive / etc, so all that gets picked apart...

So for them it sure must seem like "omg its some kind of concerted alt-right attack machine around here". In reality, basically everybody out there that isnt "liberal" / SJW / Democrat is sick of all their bs and / or find it highly entertaining and / or enjoy the sport of picking it all apart. Because damn from Team Democrat Talking Points / SJW World, its just doosey after doosey every day in day out.

And then there's Hostile Media Effect to consider:

In 1982, the second major study of this phenomenon was undertaken;[2] pro-Palestinian students and pro-Israeli students at Stanford University were shown the same news filmstrips pertaining to the then-recent Sabra and Shatila massacre of Palestinian refugees by Christian Lebanese militia fighters abetted by the Israeli army in Beirut during the Lebanese Civil War. On a number of objective measures, both sides found that these identical news clips were slanted in favor of the other side. Pro-Israeli students reported seeing more anti-Israel references and fewer favorable references to Israel in the news report and pro-Palestinian students reported seeing more anti-Palestinian references, and so on. Both sides said a neutral observer would have a more negative view of their side from viewing the clips, and that the media would have excused the other side where it blamed their side.

Subsequent studies have found hostile media effects related to other political conflicts, such as strife in Bosnia[4] and in U.S. presidential elections,[5] as well as in other areas, such as media coverage of the South Korean National Security Act,[6] the 1997 United Parcel Service Teamsters strike,[7] genetically modified food,[8][9] and sports.[10]
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 23-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't know if I would say that it's a Far Right haven. I also wouldn't say that Far Right implies an adherent to Nazism. A Far Right extremist however generally does equal Nazi though.

It is definitely a Right haven though. And that's to be expected. Conspiracy theories stopped being dominated by Lefties starting at the end of the 70s. By the 90s it was definitely more Right Wing.

And let's be honest, it was around that time we saw a lot of anti-Semitic theories. So it does make sense that a lot of conspiracy sites turn into satellite Stormfronts. But that definitely doesn't mean that all Right wingers on conspiracy sites are Nazis. I'm just saying that tradition is there and I'm glad ATS weeds it out when they find it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
Ask a HS student what the main issue is on this EVENT guaranteed they spit back what they've been spoon fed by media not mental health,not failures on fbi tips,not social Media, not foster system failures.... My frying pan burned me this morning ok let's outlaw all frying pans right now! See the irony

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: TheJesuit

Yea. I generally don’t take emotional advice from highschoolers.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Keep belittling them. Most of them will be voting age in 2020.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
Ask a HS student what the main issue is on this EVENT guaranteed they spit back what they've been spoon fed by media not mental health,not failures on fbi tips,not social Media, not foster system failures....

Does your inability to form your own conclusions lead you to believe no one else can?

My frying pan burned me this morning ok let's outlaw all frying pans right now! See the irony

This is grossly over simplifying a very complex issue, I even knew to avoid doing that in HS.

Ironic indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Truth is an entity by itself . If not Truth it is a lie . What you hear and read from the MSM is for the most part opinion . Their Truth is only opinion .

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

sorry , wrong post

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
OOPS sorry again

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: RomeByFire

And by using your logic, all kids kill with guns.

Why are mass shootings called shootings and not mass machete attacks?

When was the last attack on high schoolers with a spoon that was considered a mass casualty event?

Debating children.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don't mean to sound belittling but HS students given scripted questions for the explicit purpose of pushing an agenda is wrong . Billion dollar organizations subverting the education and development of teenagers should not stand.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I'm not sure how actually being party to a school shooting qualifies as 'No Life (or in this case) relevant experience'. How many posters railing against these students have themselves been the victim of a school shooting?

Thst answer is likely “none”
If it did or once it does they will change their minds.

It’s about time a different group spoke out

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
They were taught “ life experience” in the harshest of ways in a very short period of time. Consider yourself lucky you will never have to learn this. Nobody should is the point

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I agree but they still shouldn't be used as political tools ... A 14 year old attacking the FLOTUS? No place for respect? and now ripe for being manipulated into a civil engineered - not war but collapse which when that happens the USA's enemies yes btw we Do have enemies will walk right in at which point you will have zero rights an no fks given about your life

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Fighting for causes you believe in, used to make your Country great.

Funny how attitudes change when you feel threatened, right?

When CNN is supplying the script is it the students cause?

thehill.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
I would definitely argue that seeing your friends and fellow classmates killed in a mass shooting is life experience, regardless of whether I agreed with them or not.

Dismissing people’s opinions out of hand like such does more to strengthen their resolve.

Yes, but they aren't any kind of expert on law or gun violence. And most don't have the experience or education yet to really know the answers.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: eNumbra
I would definitely argue that seeing your friends and fellow classmates killed in a mass shooting is life experience, regardless of whether I agreed with them or not.

Dismissing people’s opinions out of hand like such does more to strengthen their resolve.

Yes, but they aren't any kind of expert on law or gun violence. And most don't have the experience or education yet to really know the answers.

Ah, so will they finally have the answers and experience necessary to guide their decisions when they agree with you?

I didn’t suggest they were experts, I argued that you can’t possibly claim they don’t have the life experience to form opinions when they were in the middle of a massacre.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join