It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students w no life experience or full understanding Used to push CNN agenda? How is it ok?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I would suggest that those children who lived through this event, have, in the period of time between the first shot, and the last of that shooting, acquired more life experience than anyone other than former military members and police officers, and most of them have therefore, a damned sight more life experience now, than many of the politicians who will be deciding how this situation is dealt with.

I think those kids are dead wrong about the way to deal with it, if it includes public disarmament of any level at all, but I also believe that their experiences make their commentary important and necessary to the task of moving ahead with some form of plan to make this sort of event less likely. In a choice between making possession of firearms more difficult, and actually, finally, FULLY funding a comprehensive and ENORMOUS expansion of mental healthcare provision in the United States (which has been knocking on the door of completely inadequate for years), I am willing to bet that a Republican controlled congress and senate, is going to be far more willing to actually fund mental healthcare provision, which they should have been doing for the last twenty years.

Creating a net through which it would be near impossible for a disturbed person to fall, designed to identify and contain the threat they pose through EARLY intervention, would be a damned sight more effective than trying to disarm the citizens of the United States, which is an impractical task to even contemplate, not to mention an undesirable outcome, in a nation where rights and freedoms are in enough danger already, from the current leadership of the country.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What happened to a holistic approach? Why this happened? Where were the failures? Asking intelligent questions to understand the entire issue and failures instead of just focusing on a single aspect and blaming that? that's uninformed and not what we should be teaching young people our future don't you want your children properly educated? So that they make informed decisions ?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What I think is more ironic is the nra uses a draft dodger to push their agenda. a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Amen brotha. i remember in school when they use to teach kids about there rights, the battles fought for them, the sacrifices made for them. when the boston tea party was taught as a good thing, that we stood up and fought the oppression the taxation. now they are removing a lot of that from there teaching. teaching students to be good little sheep and do as there masters in the gov say is right. now we got the news media using our own children against us trying to remove more rights from us. trying to change they thinking of american youths so they can add a few more bucks to the billions they already have.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Fighting for causes you believe in, used to make your Country great.

Funny how attitudes change when you feel threatened, right?

Oh cmon last year we were asking congress to change the shape of tidepods so teenagers would stop eating them.

Now we want them to decide gun control laws.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just curious how you feel about the kids who were Trump supporters that got shot that day?

Are you glad they are dead
?

You have said you agree with whatever means necessary .

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Stop asking me about Trump supporters, and start asking me about fascists. That way, we can have an honest conversation.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Fighting for causes you believe in, used to make your Country great.

Funny how attitudes change when you feel threatened, right?

I think that you're misunderstanding the concern.

And no, the act of fighting for a cause doesn't make this country great, just having the constitutional protection to do so does.

Some causes are ignorant, and some are populated by people ignorant to the issue. That makes no country great when that happens.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Stop asking me about Trump supporters, and start asking me about fascists. That way, we can have an honest conversation.

No you are on record as saying Trump supporters not fascists. All Trump supporters.

So if we are being honest you are probably glad they are dead.

But just for fun if some of those children were fascists are you glad they are dead?

edit on 23-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Literally last week they were eating Tide pods for likes so...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I think that the problem is that their commentary is increasingly being exposed as being not Theirs, but the commentary provided to them to capitalize on and exploit their emotions.

And furthermore, emotionally based commentary is never an appropriate means to affect legislative changes, but somewhere along the way, emotion has seemingly usurped reason and logic when it comes time to legislate, and we both know that doesn't only happen here in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Jefferton

And that's fine. But while you, and people like you hold on to that, the rest of us will be continuing to watch the weekly shootings, and blaming you.

I know.

Which is in direct violation of the fifth.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

And the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Two things REICH WINGERS just won't comprehend.

Again I say, enjoy.

See you at the next one.

Liberals don't like laws that contradict their feelings. It's best to just smile and know when SHTF this guy will be begging for someone with a gun to save him. While we're eliminating tyranny with extreme prejudice.

I would love for you to try and justify giving up your guns to my neighbor who is an old Jewish holocaust survivor. She has told me on many occasions that if her people were armed like Americans are today they would have stopped Hitler before America became involved.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

a reply to: Jefferton

And that's fine. But while you, and people like you hold on to that, the rest of us will be continuing to watch the weekly shootings, and blaming you.

I know.

Which is in direct violation of the fifth.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

And the 14th amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Two things REICH WINGERS just won't comprehend.

Again I say, enjoy.

See you at the next one.

Liberals don't like laws that contradict their feelings. It's best to just smile and know when SHTF this guy will be begging for someone with a gun to save him. While we're eliminating tyranny with extreme prejudice.

I would love for you to try and justify giving up your guns to my neighbor who is an old Jewish holocaust survivor. She has told me on many occasions that if her people were armed like Americans are today they would have stopped Hitler before America became involved.

This is exxactly why Hitler banned guns before he started rounding them up.

History repeats itself I dont know why people are convinced that cant happen here.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The trouble with your statement is as follows...

LOADS of stuff is decided by decidedly emotional means, and nearly no one bats an eye. Marijuana, for example. Jeff Sessions has no scientific basis for his opinions on the stuff, but his opinions dictate how the entire issue is going to be handled during this administration. The man should not be left in charge of a pot of coffee, but his emotionally driven, absolutely valueless opinion on pot, which has effected his life not at all by the way, still counts for much.

The utterly witless, religiously and emotionally motivated reasoning that utter slime use to justify their ill educated, oppositional positions on abortion, gene therapy experimentation, the idea that their children might learn anything about sexual reproduction before they accidentally engage in it themselves one day, when they are still far too young but the right amount of curious, all these things and hundreds and hundreds more things, about the way the US is run, have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING other than emotion. But people barely bat an eye at that. I just find it weird that THIS is too much emotion, but all that other crap I mentioned is not, or did not receive the same backlash as a result of its emotional basis.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Forget past present and future. Just live in the moment. Zoom in on that little fellar; obsess aboot it; bludgeon thyself with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wisdom from the mouth of babes when the grownups are stupid.

It doesn't take a life time of anything to see assault guns have no place in a modern civilized society.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The trouble with your statement is as follows...

Its all a bunch of hypocritical bull shi....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I asked.. How do you feel about the kids who were fascist Trump supporters that got shot that day or any day?

You contradict yourself with every post.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What has this once great Country been turned in to?

It's turned in to a bunch of fascists using their Hitleresque youth to tell me what my right should be.

Seig Heil!

Just what Putin wants, He can sit by and watch Americans tear themselves apart with their silly left Vs right arguments and save his country a fortune in a real war.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'm certainly for free speech. Mine included. Are CNN willing to use tragedy in ways I find distasteful? Yes.

Did I find this particular lad distasteful and distastefully used? Yes. Now I know why,

Churchill was right apparently.

I'm willing to bet that kid got straight 'A's in "Liberal Logic 101"..

edit on 2.23.2018 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join